NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Philly Area - call to arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philly Area - call to arms

Fellow G35 owners from the area,

I think we all realize how bad our community support is. Just this sunday we had another meet cancelled. Altough this one was made in rush, the last one ( Camden Aquarium ) was made in advance, but we still had no one show up. I think this is outright ridiculous. Meets are always fun, so why can't we organize a solid one?

There are hundreds of G's around, I know because I can see them almost everyday wherever I go. So why can't we unite like many other communities do?

Is it the place of the meet thats inconvienient? The time? Location?

I motion to organize a meet sometime soon. Here are some options for a location:
- Camden Aquarium - Bad area, roads suck. But its a nice place for quality pictures
- IKEA on Columbus - Big parking lot, ok place for pics, very accesible, lot of car meets happen down there.
- ART musuem -My personal favorite, if we meet up the steps we could get some real nice pictures. Only thing that sucks about this location is the traffic depending on time of day.

What about the time? Saturdays, sundays?

Any ideas? Feedback?

Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didnt respond to last meet cause i was busy installing avic z3 but can do next meet.....personally never seen anything about other meets.......why dont we come up with somewhere better than those 3 locations where we could take a cruise on some decent valley roads.....maybe thats the problem.....no offense, but who seriously wants to go into camden, an ikea parking lot.....and driving thru philly just isnt that fun.....

Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Art Museum is a great place for a meet. However, you have to watch out for all the events going on around Lloyd Hall and Boathouse Row. And starting April 1, West River Dr will be closed on weekends.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
I totally agree with you I would have loved to go to that meet recently but it was completely rushed. He gave like 3 days notice tops. I need atleast a week in advance we all have our own personal lives. I think I heard someone say Valley Forge Park somewhere. I have never personally been up there but I would much rather go there then to Philly. I dont like driving my G down to Philly at all. The roads are horrendous and too much violence and theft problems to deal with down there. (My one buddys highlander was stolen down there within 45 minutes of being down there)

I think a nice meet would be around the KOP Mall area or somewhere in the vicinity. All access to major highways so getting there would be a problem. Ill continue to check here to see what comes up. I really hope something comes up soon. I would love to do a cruise I think it would be a good time.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Valley Forge is a great place as well. Had a nice BBQ meet there about a year ago, we should work on another one! Shelah did all the hard work organizing it and it was a blast. KoP is always good for meet & beers.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Hmm.. I can't say I'm too familiar with Valley Forge area. But K.O.P. sounds great. Frankly, I don't really care about the location as long as its somewhere close-by. How was this BBQ organized? Did a lot of people show-up? Are these people still around?

And to justify the rush of the last meet.. I guess a lot of us are eager to meet each other, but don't realize that everything needs to be planned long in advance.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There have been a few meets at Valley Forge that were very successful. There were about 100 cars there for one of the meets. People can down from NYC and up from the DC area. We also use to meet occasionally at KOP mall outside the IMAX then head out for dinner. These were usually less formal and on a weekday night.

I think you need to give people more notice to work it into their schedules. Post a poll with a few dates as options then go from there.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Seems like a few my350 guys are getting together April 4th at 830 at Ikea in South Philly.

Heres the link: http://my350z.com/forum/north-east/4...illy-meet.html

Old 03-24-2009, 12:16 AM
That could be fun.. But def can't make it.. It's my drill weekend :\

Old 03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Bump..... Anything going on soon with G guys?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Bump anything goin on soon guys?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Well.. We're still not getting much support .. Im trying to spread info by word of mouth with limited luck.. I also started working at Franklin Mills after school so I have even less time..

We could always have a mini-meet.. Or roll up to someone else's meet :\

Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I have been posting meet threads for 2+ years and never get any interest. We meet in south jersey no more then 20 minutes from philly. I have since given up on even posting on driver. Our meets were at our shop and we occasionaly had a BBQ if it was nice. I just dont see the point of a parking lot meet thats why I never show up to any that I have seen. Id rather be able to help other people work on their car and be productive rather then stand and do nothing

Old 04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
StreetChase just let me know anytime you and other people are doing something. Id be down to do something and would just like to meet some other guys in the area with G's and check their cars out. Im basically just looking for inspiration and different mods in person like exhausts and stuff. Just pm me anytime you guys are meeting up.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
yea let me knw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Philly Area - call to arms