NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Worst dealership experience Ive ever had...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Obsessive Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst dealership experience Ive ever had...

This all started when I took delivery of my car. The car was delivered early as a nice birthday suprise for me. I came home and went into the garage and there she was! I was so excited. I noticed a large scratch on the right of the front lip, and the bumper was torn right beneath the headlight. I called my dealer and he told me that they would fix it no problem. The dealership is about 2 hours away from where I live, which is a huge inconvenience for me. I asked if they could work it out with the nissan dealership that is right up the street from me, since it was there mistake and I shouldnt have to take all this time out of my busy schedual to drive 2 hours to them. They refused to do it. So I figured I would bring it up to the dealership next time I wasnt going to need my car for a few days.

...7 months went by (very very very busy time for me)

I called them and told them I was going to florida for a week for vacation so I could drop the car off, and they said that was fine. I was having the front bumper fixed, the 7500 mile service, and a dent over my left rear wheel well from someone opening their door into my car fixed. I also told them that my CD player had failed this last week and they said they would fix it under warranty...sounds very cooperative

So I am in Florida and I call to check up on them. They tell me the whole quarter pannel where the dent was needed to be re-painted and they wanted $450...ookk i guess. Then i call again later and they tell me I have to pay for the front bumper to be fixed. I told them that my dealer had said that they would pay for it and to talk to him. I call again the next day and the "general manager" says that it needs a new bumper and I will be paying $350 of that price. I reasonably and logically told him i didnt think that was fair. He then had a serious attitude, started yelling, and eventually hung up the phone on me. I was fuming.

I go to pick the car up today on my way home from the airport. The pannel with the dent was fixed, and i exmained the work, and i spot a HUGE scratch down the pannel that "they painted." I showed the service rep. and he said i can bring it back whenever i want and they will fix it. I get in my car, the car plays CD's, but the number 1 button cant be pushed in. Then all of the buttons dont work. I turn off the stereo, turn it back on, and they work again. My whole drive home the buttons periodically didnt work. The only thing that looks good is the new front bumper.

The dealership has caused me so much aggrivation I will never recommend them again to anyone. They charged me $450 for the painted pannel and dent removal....$350 for the bumper they scratched...$150 for the service.

The dealership is Herb Chambers Infiniti in Boston, MA.

Anyone in this area recoomend a good dealership to go to?

Sorry for the lonnggg story, but I figured I would post this so noone goes there again.

-Mike

Old 04-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Z2G
although i feel for you, this sort of problem appears to occur quite often with any dealership. the solution.......ALWAYS check out the car before you leave the lot. worst case scenario, check when you get home or the next day. if you find something wrong, call the dealership right away and return ASAP. how in the world can someone wait 7 months if the dealership is only 2 hours away?!?!?! but let's just say you were that busy, you should have gotten EVERYTHING in writing to ensure they will take care of it free of charge.

i'm sorry but after 7 MONTHS, i don't blame the dealer for reneging on their offer to fix it for free. because even if you take them to court, it would be hard pressed for you to prove it happened when you took possession of the new car if 7 months had passed and there was no proof that you contacted them immediately. if you have something in writing, i stand corrected and SUE THEIR ASSES!!!

Last edited by Z2G; 04-22-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Obsessive Owner
Z2G,
I understand 7 months is a long time, and its not just the fact that i had to pay, I would have gotten over it. Its the disrespect I received over the phone, and the condition of the work they did once it was all done that really got to me. Now I have to drive up there again to get all that fixed because they couldnt do it right the first time.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:52 PM
im sorry to hear, i suppose someone got this car for you, and it wasn't you? it was a present?

Old 04-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh man, that sounds horrible!

I bought my car from Herb chambers...

I get my service done at Kelly Infinit in Danvers (route 1). They do excellent work, take it there!

Old 04-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my car from Kelly Infiniti, and they are awesome. I'm in the military, and periodically have to go on deployment. They often take care of things for me (had a ding repaired for me at a shop across the street and stored my car for me for a couple of days until I could make it back to town, etc.) while I'm away. Talk to Jon Busineau in sales. Tell them the military guy with the DG 6MT sent ya.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Obsessive Owner
Originally Posted by player
im sorry to hear, i suppose someone got this car for you, and it wasn't you? it was a present?
It wasn't purchased for me in total. I paid a $10,000 downpayment and I pay for all maintenance costs (repairs, gas, insurance, ect. ect.) The only thing my mother helps out with is the monthly payments. She likes me to have a car I love and care about because she knows I will take great care of it, and I need a car since it is just us two.

Ya, I've heard of kelly Infiniti before but have never been there. I will most likely go there from now on. I'll give him a call, thanks guys. Ill have to have Herb Chambers fix the scratch they made in the newly painted pannel, but after that I'll head over to Kelly.

Thanks
-Mike

Old 04-23-2005, 04:00 PM
mass

I bought my car from herb chambers in boston....They are horrible...I bought a new car and it was a lemon....Worst sales staff, worst experience hands down....I got my lawyers involved and i got a new car for 34,000 nav 6mt every option available loaded....

I only took 3 months of hell to get it...
I showed up every saturday and stood at the door and told people to not buy cars here and finally they gave me the car to shut up...

Old 04-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah, infiniti of danvers has more than satisfactory service... but i still wouldn't even let them come close to detailing my car! swirl marks galore.

Old 04-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
Z2G,
...Now I have to drive up there again to get all that fixed because they couldnt do it right the first time.
I hope you have learned your lesson and not go there in 7 months.

Old 04-23-2005, 05:55 PM
If you're on the Cape, how far would Inskip in RI be from you? I'm buying my sedan from Quirk in Quincy MA, sales staff was great, haven't serviced it there yet...

Old 04-23-2005, 06:25 PM
J-Z
at least your dealership didnt leave your g out in the rain with the windows down all night only to show up in the morning to see that your wheels were stolen and then have you wait a week while they order new wheels and then lose the keys the morning you go to pick it up, oh and I did I mention the car was back there because they "forgot" to install the alarm the first time I brought it in to have the alarm and lo jack installed?

all courtesy of atlantic infiniti (who also tried to make me take hunday (or however the hell you spell it) as a loner car because all of the other cars were taken (3 of them were being taken home by people who worked in the service department any of them could have taken the hunday to let a customer drive a car that was comparable to the one he spent 45k on a week before all this.

oh and there is lots more if anyone cares to hear about it.

Last edited by J-Z; 04-23-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Obsessive Owner
hmm, seems to me that herb chambers is a joke. At least you got a fully loaded car out of all of it.

I also hear ya about the detail. I didn't want them to wash my car at all, but they did. I guess it is standard of them to wash and vacuum the car. However, in the process of washing it they scratched the front right side fender with in-proper use of a water blade or something similar. I know for a fact they wernt there before i dropped off the car, because I had just washed it. When I showed the scratches to the service department they denied and said the scratches were there. Ofcourse i can't prove it, so im screwed.

I am not sure exactly how long it would take me to get to Inskip, RI. It takes me about an hour n a half to get to Providence, if i drive fast.

Man J-Z, Im really sorry to hear that! That sucks real bad. I am curious to know more. Share the stories guys!

Old 04-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Call the Cops
WHAT THE F!

YOU TOOK THAT SH*T FROM THEM!??

WHATTT!
I WOULDNT PAY A DIME FOR THAT!

wow you must be one flexible guy, i would've gone over there, shoved a stick up their asses and told them to fix my car RIGHT AWAY. without pay

Old 04-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Obsessive Owner
Originally Posted by BBB
WHAT THE F!

YOU TOOK THAT SH*T FROM THEM!??

WHATTT!
I WOULDNT PAY A DIME FOR THAT!

wow you must be one flexible guy, i would've gone over there, shoved a stick up their asses and told them to fix my car RIGHT AWAY. without pay
It would have been kind of hard to do that since i was 1,200 miles away in Florida. But their service department there is horrible. If anyone was considering purchasing there, I STRONGLY reccomend you not to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Worst dealership experience Ive ever had...