NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Troubles with Beaverton Infiniti Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Troubles with Beaverton Infiniti Service

Alright – I am a parking snob and I admit it – I have my choice spot at work away from everybody else and will drive around parking lots to find END spots. I have had my Coupe for 2 years now and avoided any door dings…then I took it in for the 15,000 mile “check-up.” Took the car in on a Monday am, got my loaner and came back at 5:30 to pick it up. I paid and happened to walk along the passenger side and noticed it – a nice black rub mark on the right rear fender. I understand these things can happen and although not happy about it, I went in to ask Chuck (service rep I was working with) about the damage. Chuck had done his standard walk around when I dropped off the car, so he was able to say that he did not notice this when the car was brought in. He quickly offered to have the detail guy take care of it. The detail guy was already gone for the night so I left. When I called Chuck a few days later to set up a time to bring the car back in, I asked him if they would detail the car for my trouble. He was not authorized to do that, but asked his boss, David Matheson, who said no. So I called Dave (who is the service manager) directly and we had a discussion on why they could not compensate my inconvenience. He opposed for nearly 10 minutes until I offered to let him come out to my work to take care of the mark instead of detailing the car. He immediately reacted that his men could not be away from work for that long and my response was “well Dave, I have the same problem.” After this realization that it was as much of an inconvenience for me to bring the car back in as it would be for him to send his guys out, he offered to wash and wax the outside which I agreed to.

Then it gets worse

When I originally looked at the mark on the fender with Chuck, I only saw the black rub mark but looked again the next afternoon in the sunlight and noticed there was a second mark about 6 inches forward on the wheel well. I didn’t think much of it because Chuck said they would take care of the damage. I brought the car back in (not thinking it was necessary to point this out in detail) and when I picked the car up, noticed they did not address the second mark. With the car clean (they did a great job on the wash/wax) I could tell the second mark actually did damage to the body and it had to be a fairly hard blow because it made indentions through 2 creases in sheet metal (this is that flat face on the wheel well about 2 inches wide). If I did not have a prior commitment, I would have stayed to talk to the service manager again, but I knew I would have to call him back that afternoon. To make a long story short, Dave basically told me that I way lying and had to get that between when the car is was picked up the first time and brought back in (how is that for great customer service). I am confident this is not the case because in the time between when I left the dealership and when I looked at the car in detail I parked in 2 spots. One was my spot out in the boonies at work and the other was at the gym on the end of a row. Both spots did not have cars adjacent to the passenger side. Again after a good deal of resistance, Dave offered to allow me to pay his cost to have it repaired. I have spent about a week thinking about this. I know there is no chance it could have occurred between the time they had it and when I saw the second mark, so I have decided I am not willing to pay even cost to repair damage that was caused at the dealership.

I am going to call Dave back to see if he has reconsidered his position in the last week or if I will need to talk to the manager of dealership. It seems absurd that any dealership would risk loosing a customer for what they anticipated to be a $40 repair. I imagine it costs them nearly 100 times that to get a new customer. I asked a friend who is the service manager at a local Dodge dealership about the situation. He said they would take care of it quickly just to avoid loosing a customer especially over such a small amount of $$$.

If I am off base here, please tell me.

I will post again when this gets resolved. Hopefully this does not have to go on for much longer.

Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Beaverton Infiniti Service - getting better

I just spoke to Dave (service manager) again. It was a completely differnt conversation. He was very up-front and asked if they can just take care of this and put it behind us. Quite a relief from the conversation i was expecting. The "dent guy" is going to come out to my work and take care of it next monday. More to come...

Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say that next time, get it in writing.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey Scott

It seems like they've always had some complaint about their service. Personally, I think they are horrible and wish there was another dealership.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:08 PM
You could drive up to Fife.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Many folks get their nonwarranty work done at Nissan, and only go to Infiniti for recalls etc.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
A good experience at Beaverton Infiniti

My recent experience with Beaverton's service department has been night and day difference. If you are reading this thread you know about the ding on my car which caused me much pain. It never got fixed last year and I wrote it off as a lost cause. When I recently took my car in for the transmission that has plagued many early 03's my experience was nothing but pleasant and a few other few minor items. I asked the service consultant to speak to the manager about the previous ding (keep in mind this was nearly a year ago). He was very professional and said he would look into it. When I got a call back - the service consultant said he talked to the manager, the manager remembered my coupe and they would take care of it at their shop if I did not mind the extra time in a loaner. I have not picked up the car yet but this change in customer service (at least from my prospective) was very uplifting.

About the transmission: They originally could not reproduce the transmission problem (I though this was a remission to what i had come to expect) so I offered to come in and drive with a technician. I was able to reproduce the problem and they said they woudl take care of it. In my mind this was perfectly legitimate thing for them to ask and I was very happy to appease them.

I hope others are also having more positive experiences and this is not just a one time thing.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm taking my car there today because one of my splash guards is coming loose. They seemed really friendly and even offered me a loaner. I'm hoping they are always nice and don't try to pull crap. I've read Beaverton Infiniti was always shady but from what I've experienced they seem ok to me.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:09 AM
i've had good experiences with them. if they ever give you **** threaten to call infiniti USA and if they still persist, then do call infiniti, and they will sort you out.

What was your transmission trouble?

Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 AM
I've taken my car to them a few times and had no problems at all. Always have been treated well, and got some kick *** loaners too.

I always look ove rmy G before and after the work has been done, and have never found anything wrong with it...as far.

I will however be aware of what has happened to some of you. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:56 AM
My transmission problem was one that was posted about alot on this board. In my case - the tranny woudl grind going into 3rd gear when shifting at about 3k. Interstinly enough, now that i have the car back there are are a few problems i did not have when i brought it in. I now have a very pronounced rattle from near the rear of the car on the drive train. It sounds like when they applied the rear axel clicking TSB, they did not get somethign tightened enough. Secondly my clutch pedal now clicks and last when i go over a bump with my right tire, the car makes a pretty loud thump. I know i am a demanding customer but it still frustrates me when they solve the initial problems but create more. I have talked to them again because i was concerned driving with my car like this could do real damage, they said it was alright to wait until my next service (30k miles). Well see how long i can take it or if i just break down and bring the car back in. Even though their loaners are nice, i just hate being outta my coupe!!!