Ohio representation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I say we try to have one at IPS or Slowmo here in Cbus since its a central location for all that way we may get more cars. Thats my vote.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
Don't be a hater Jeremy, it doesn't suit you.
come on Doc...you know I cant be taken seriously! I mean, I am an art teacher who blows things up with a 50 cal... I teach the beauty in life in one hand and destroy it with the other. If there was every the development for a Joker mentality, I warning Batman right now...

besides, I just spent $500 on new tires for the Moto...BUT SO WORTH IT!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by bash27jp00
Jeremy, you should set something up in Columbus. I tried already here and you guys didn't want to drive this far. Pick a date a stick it
I think those part of the C-bus Chapter have proved we will drive just about anywheres...Our next meet (outside the dyno run) should be up there. How bout you looking into the Zip Cord thing at Mohican for me and I will set this dyno thing starting tomorrow.
I will also look into a couple of things for you guys up north here tomorrow as well.
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
I say we try to have one at IPS or Slowmo here in Cbus since its a central location for all that way we may get more cars. Thats my vote.
Here is what I will do. I am off on spring break, So tomorrow I will call both shops and see what they are willing to do for us, and then on Wednesday or Thursday, I will visit the locations personally to see what they can accommodate with all of us. So my friends, be looking for an answer to this question in the next couple of days.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh, here is something else I can do. I have an artist friend who loves to shoot pics. Maybe we can get a hottie to come out and do Photoshoots for our cars at the dyno meet? Anyone have any "friends" that are willing to be the object of our affection?

Im Thinking while the dyno stuff is happening, we also have eats going on as well as opportunity to do a photo shoot. Sound like a meet worthy of our time?

Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by g-adabout
Ok guys and gals...

Here is what is up.

April/May - We want to have a dyno meet somewhere. I think Ben and I are working out some details on it, but it still is in the working stages. As for when and where...well, that is still up as well. Any ideas or locations (possible ones) will help greatly.

June 20th...ALum Creek met.
Also in June or July, we were looking into having a meet in Hocking hills and going zip lining. I also hear there is one up at Mohican state park. You guys up north know anything about that?

August through January 2010? Someone else will have to make sure this happens. I will be leaving for Kuwait for military purposes.

Anyone else have any ideas on meet dates, locations, activities to do, etc? please make the suggestions.
Also just wanted to add, we may have a mini install meet. This is a on going joke but serious as well. Doc, Strada and me all are planning to get the Plenum and spacers and have then installed after the dyno meet. So it could be an opportunity to have a gathering around improving the performance of our cars, rather than just looking at them or driving them.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those part of the C-bus Chapter have proved we will drive just about anywheres...Our next meet (outside the dyno run) should be up there. How bout you looking into the Zip Cord thing at Mohican for me and I will set this dyno thing starting tomorrow.
I will also look into a couple of things for you guys up north here tomorrow as well.
I can also help in planning something for the Cleveland area. I was already in the planning stages of something in August for a Ohio forum with many different types of cars so it wouldnt be a big deal to plan another

Also just wanted to add, we may have a mini install meet. This is a on going joke but serious as well. Doc, Strada and me all are planning to get the Plenum and spacers and have then installed after the dyno meet. So it could be an opportunity to have a gathering around improving the performance of our cars, rather than just looking at them or driving them.
oh i might be in for this...I was thinking of picking up a plenum and spacer hopefully soon so I will have to keep a lookout for this as well

Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Not sure if anyone would be interested in this but figured I would post it up

Old 04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
guess who ordered their MD 5/16th copper ISO thermal plenum spacer?
Hey BuckeyeG, when can you give me a hand? lol
AWESOME!! Looking forward to getting that car of yours on the road to mod heaven. Next wheels + suspension???

I'm waiting for my car to get back from True Performance with Dal's old bumper in newly painted Lakeshore Slate. Then I imagine I will bite the bullet and order the MREV and Spacer...DOMO

Also it's awesome to see so much activity in our fair state. This should be a fun year as summer rolls in, Dal will be embarrassing all of us in his ultra-G, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Hope to see everyone at the dyno meet as it becomes more concrete and then at Alum Creek.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That run looks sweet to, I agree - I'm stoked at this upcoming spring and summer, we should have alot of fun. I can't wait to to put a face with a name soon. It's like our secert society - reminds of the Dead Poet's Society - except with Gs.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
mali_mG-irfan..whats up man i did some bussiness with youa while back..hope to see you at a few meets this yr..a few buds and i are planning to drive up a few times
hey man, not a whole lot! happy to be driving the car finally after the long winter! i am def going to try to make it to some meets, so i will see you there hopefully!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would be up for this. Hopefully I will have my coilovers picked out by then. Were you talking about having them installed or doing it yourself? I did mine last summer and it was easy..

Old 04-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Dang, a lot of movement on the thread today. Okay, so:

1) Jeremy, it's cool.

2) +1 on everything planned. I agree with Jeremy that we Columbus guys have proved we're willing to go the distance to get this Ohio G-thing started and have an active community. Cleveland, Cincinnatti, Columbus, let's do it all.

3) Install meet sounds great. I'd totally be up for this for obvious reasons.

4) Thanks Strada. Though I have to say, I've often heard it said the wheels are mod #1, but my problem is, I know the other mods I want to do but I can't seem to commit to a wheel just yet. So instead, I'll do the other things that I know I want first until I choose my wheels.

5) That road rally looks like fun but I think it's the same date of the Alum Creek Meet.

6) Dyno Day, Zipline day; wow. This summer can turn out really nicely.

Doc

Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Hey people... I just discovered this thread, so I thought I would drop in and say Howdy!

I'm in Worthington/North Columbus. I'm not sure how long your roster list is now, so I didn't cut/paste and edit as it originally started, so I'll simply post my creds here...

RicoG35x: Rick, rserda@hotmail.com : 2004 G35x

I'll get through all of the posts over the next few days just to see what's up and hope to catch up with some of you.. if the weather ever decides to pick a season here in Central Ohio!?!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
Please not Slow Motion. I'd really like a wheel on dyno instead, like the Dynojet at IPS. Also, our cars will look great on video during the runs.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Please not Slow Motion. I'd really like a wheel on dyno instead, like the Dynojet at IPS. Also, our cars will look great on video during the runs.
Thats fine with me whatever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?