Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Rogue Eng. Short ShifterSHOULD BE NO OTHER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my Rogue into a 05 coupe today and it seems to work very well. Did an abreviated test drive but all shifts were smooth both as up and down shifts.

I didnt experience the 3rd gear shifting difficulties described by Paragon.

Great product IMO, well designed and built.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by supag116
Does anyone know if the Rogue ss for the 350z is the same as for the G35c?
I believe so since they have the same product number.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 PM
FYI - 350evo.com has 3 or 4 rogue shifters left in stock. I just recieved mine from them today. I need mine quick and while googling for rogue, I stumbled upon them.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:18 AM
I got my shifter installed at a shop today. Throws are definatly shorter, smoother, and with less vibrations. However it does require a lot more force to get into gears. Also, I seem to be having some difficultly getting into 5th. Is this normal or should I take it back to the shop to have them take a look at it?

Old 09-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by TrojanG
I got my shifter installed at a shop today. Throws are definatly shorter, smoother, and with less vibrations. However it does require a lot more force to get into gears. Also, I seem to be having some difficultly getting into 5th. Is this normal or should I take it back to the shop to have them take a look at it?
there should be a little more effort due to the shorter throw, but not enough to where it would be bothersome. take it back, and see if they properly applied enough grease in the cup. before taking it back though, drive it around a while, or just shift it around back and forth. give it a little break in period.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by TrojanG
Sounds like they didn't adjust the upper shifter plate properly...probably crooked.

It's a very simple fix.

Sorry for the delay in replies to everyone. We are looking at Mid-Oct for shipping the backorders. However, we do have a significant commitment from a vendor (sponsor on the 350Z boards) who is stepping up to be the exclusive distributor for the product. They will be handling all wholesale interests, in addition to the retail sales. Rogue will continue to sell, but retail only.

Thanks for the continued support.

Last edited by RogueBen; 09-29-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Where is Rogue located? I want to order this, but I don't have access to a lift. How much to install this at a shop?

Old 09-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by RogueBen
Sounds like they didn't adjust the upper shifter plate properly...probably crooked.

It's a very simple fix.
Sounds about right. I can feel a little notch where it should go into reverse between 5th and 6th. That little notch is where I keep on getting caught; preventing me from going into 5th. I'm gonna take it back in to see if they can get it right.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Are these still for sale?

Old 10-16-2005, 04:38 AM
I dunno if its just me but my rogue ratles pretty bad when I hawl ***. I have greddy TT's... Does this have anything to do with it? (too much power)? I keep thinking it might be the washer under the shift **** (loose) but I'm not sure.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Just spoke to Ben today about my ssk and he told me that they're sending mine out today. He also told me that they'll also be sending out the other ssk kits.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dan_K
Are these still for sale?
Fortunately, because of the commitment from our exclusive distributor (350Evo.com), we were able to produce another production run.

So, you can purchase from them or from us directly now. They have sufficient inventory to handle any order, and can also sell to dealers (if you have a business, or just want to sell them).

Have fun with them.

Anything else you need us guys to make? Exhaust products? Any other performance stuff?

Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM
hey ben. definately go ahead and make as much as you can for our cars. great work on bmws so im going to assume that anything rogue engineering makes will be quality parts for us G35 drivers too. =)

if you werent so far from california, id say take my car and work on it! can i test anything out? =) 05 g35 here

Old 11-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Another Rogue Engineering Review

so i had this sitting at home for a month or two and finally got around to installing it. all i have to say is that damn. cleaned up my shifts. it does seem a little harder to get into the gears but its a good type of hard. its solid, and you know youre in gear.

The install was a breeze, however like everyone on this forum says, THE SHIFT **** IS A BITCH TO GET OFF! my tip would be to use two locking pliers one for the bease and the other for the shift ****. (make sure you put a towel or something so the teeth on the pliers dont tear into the leather of the boot or ****.

My shifts are alot better and quicker with this short shifter, even my girlfriend noticed and said that "youre shifting alot faster and smoother." Once i got everything installed she saw the little grin on my face which said i cant wait to go test it out. I felt like a little kid on his birthday! haha...

I DEFINATELY recommend this short shifter. I also recommend buying the shift cup so that you dont have a hard time removing the old one. I bought a new one and the hard part (since i had no vice) was installing the rogue eng short shifter into the new shifter cup!

And thats my review.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey G35 guys,

Just to let you know, if you enter coupon code "BF2005" on Friday, 11/25, all orders quailfy for FREE UPS Ground shipping in the US.

www.rebmw.com

Ben

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rogue Eng. Short ShifterSHOULD BE NO OTHER