Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how about another group buy! =)

Old 06-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by nbp78415
how about another group buy! =)
Yeah how about it.. another group by anybody?

I purchased the B&M SS and had it installed recently (by Dynamic Autosports in SoCal). The shifts are definately shorter, alot harder to get into the shift gates (especially 3rd), but I really can't stand the vibration or chattering of the B&M when accelerating (It makes my teeth hurt).

Im not sure if I can return the B&M SS, but I am willing to get this great Rouge SS product for several reasons. 1) experience first hand the quality that everyone speaks of, 2) to get away from a chattering shifter during acceleration.

so group by anybody.. perhaps Rouge can ship me an un-opened demo model for me to try out for several .. uhh.. years..??

ok, just a thought..

Old 06-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by IPon6MT
Yeah how about it.. another group by anybody?

I purchased the B&M SS and had it installed recently (by Dynamic Autosports in SoCal). The shifts are definately shorter, alot harder to get into the shift gates (especially 3rd), but I really can't stand the vibration or chattering of the B&M when accelerating (It makes my teeth hurt).

Im not sure if I can return the B&M SS, but I am willing to get this great Rouge SS product for several reasons. 1) experience first hand the quality that everyone speaks of, 2) to get away from a chattering shifter during acceleration.

so group by anybody.. perhaps Rouge can ship me an un-opened demo model for me to try out for several .. uhh.. years..??

ok, just a thought..
I'm in the same exact boat. I've exhausted about every trick in the book to eliminate the dreaded B&M rattle and have not had much success, so I just recently picked up a Rogue to see what all the fuss is about. Should be installing this weekend and posting detailed impressions in a review thread shortly thereafter. I sure hope this unit does the trick!

Old 06-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I had my Rogue installed today. This thing is sweeeet! Rogue was a breeze to deal with. Worth the $$$ very tight, smooth and 0 rattles. After reading about the B&M I'm very glad I went with the Rogue!

Old 06-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Thumbs up Rogue Short Shifter (from a B&M)

After struggling with the dreaded B&M rattles I finally gave up and decided to try out one of these units.

Construction looks very solid, and installation was a breeze. It's definitley got a shorter throw than stock, not quite as much as the B&M but very close. The shifts are quite a bit less notchy than the B&M, and there is a slight flex with the shifter which I also think improves shifting compared to the B&M. The B&M is so rigid that sometimes it feels like a brute force shift instead of allowing the shift to happen more smoothly and naturally. The Rogue also gives me more feedback during the shift and I am more confident that I will get a clean shift every time. Oh, and yes the Rogue is nice and quiet, NO RATTLES! =)

Overall a great mod and highly recommended.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Can you supply a link?

Old 06-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Sure!

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...Category_Code=

I would recommend getting ahold of ben@rogueengineering.com, great guy to deal with!

Old 06-11-2005, 04:40 PM
My short review is up. Great shifter!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57038

Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Many thanks

Looks like a well made unit. How hard was it to remove the center console cover or do you even need to?

Old 06-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Texasscout
Looks like a well made unit. How hard was it to remove the center console cover or do you even need to?
It is a piece of cake....you just pull straight up on it and it pops out....

The hardest part of the whole install is getting the rubber boot back on under the bottom....and it still is pretty easy if you gan get under the car...either with jack stands or a lift.

I also tried the B&M shifter first......what a piece of junk.

It rattled really bad and the shifting was notchy.

The Rogue SS is the only way to go.....it is a very nice upgrade over stock.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did this mod; you're right the hard part is the rubber boot. which leads to my problem. I did not have boot on properly and it got ripped up by the drive shaft. now the underside of the shifter is exposed to the elements. Do you think this is a big deal? From the looks of it; if i decided to replace the boot. I make have to turn too many bolts....comments?

Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 AM
i've had mines for months.....before winter.....and still haven't put it on.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -.-

Old 06-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Ben,

It seems that you may have several interested people for your product (myself being one). Would you be willing to offer a group buy pricing? I've read many reviews and articles and believe that you have a superior product. I would appreciate it if you can make it possible. Thanks in advance for your product and support.

Al
SFG356MT

Old 06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
also would like to know whether the 05 would benefit from this product

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rogue Eng. Short ShifterSHOULD BE NO OTHER