Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Rogue Eng. Short ShifterSHOULD BE NO OTHER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer the questions of the 2005 model changes, I am offering FREE installation to the FIRST owner of a 2005 model in our Northern NJ facility. You buy the shifter from us ($179 + applicable NJ sales tax), and we'll install it in your car absolutely free.

Takes us around 15 minutes to do, so if you're local to us, we can do it on your lunch break! It takes longer to get the car on the lift (it's a pain, compared to a BMW).

Offer good for only ONE participate. First one that contacts me privately at ben@rogueengineering.com gets to take advantage of this offer.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by RogueBen
To answer the questions of the 2005 model changes, I am offering FREE installation to the FIRST owner of a 2005 model in our Northern NJ facility. You buy the shifter from us ($179 + applicable NJ sales tax), and we'll install it in your car absolutely free.

Takes us around 15 minutes to do, so if you're local to us, we can do it on your lunch break! It takes longer to get the car on the lift (it's a pain, compared to a BMW).

Offer good for only ONE participate. First one that contacts me privately at ben@rogueengineering.com gets to take advantage of this offer.
wow, that's a really great offer! not only has the shifter gone down in price since it first came out, but now free installation! i highly recommend anyone to take advantage of this great offer and product. you won't be disappointed!

Old 07-08-2005, 06:12 PM
I personnally love my RE short shifter. I'm there UPS driver and I got mine installed about a month or two ago. Nice, smooth, accurate shifts! I definatley recommend this shifter opposed to other lesser quality ones. If anyone decides to get one from them tell em Mike from UPS sent cha!
P.S.
Mark is just as much a good guy as Ben

Old 07-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm there UPS driver and got mine done about a month or two ago. I love mine. Definatley recommended. If your interested in getting one tell them Mike from UPS recommended them.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
When I first heard about the Rogue shifter I was like wow, that's nice, but it's originaly introduced price was a little more than I was willing to spend on a short throw kit. So I purchased the B&M kit which was about $100 less, and after all hey it's B&M, what could go wrong?

When the B&M unit arrived, it looked great and I couldnt wait to get it on. After the install, I pulled out of my garage and as soon as I got on the gas, there was clearly more noise coming from the shifter not to mention much more rattle. I went back into the garage and looked over the instructions thinking I had possibly done something wrong or left something out, but that wasnt the case. It was working 100% in that it provided a solid, short shift, but the rattle and noise was just soo annoying it had to go!

After about two weeks, I pulled it off and went back to stock. Just a few weeks ago I picked up one of Rogue's last available batch of short shifters at the new discounted price, and although shift "feel wise" it feels about the same as the B&M, there is noticeably less noise and rattle. Its not all gone, but more so that I can deal with, unlike with the B&M.

So Rogue gets a PLUS in my book, and for all those who are "on the fence" on this mod, stop tooling around and pick one up. You won't be dissapointed!

Old 07-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Having an issue with mine. When I first installed it I had no problems at all. Now that I have put around 4K mile on the car I have had a rattling problem as well as a problem shifting into second gear. The rattle only happens when it's in gear and I have any pressure on the shifter, it has a pretty loud rattle. Also, when shifting into second at WOT you have to really "slam" it into gear otherwise it wants to pop out causing me to miss the gear. I'm not sure if there is some adjustment in the shift linkage and I really have no idea why it all of the sudden started to rattle. Anybody else have the same problem? Any suggestions are welcome.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:15 PM
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by ScottR
Having an issue with mine. When I first installed it I had no problems at all. Now that I have put around 4K mile on the car I have had a rattling problem as well as a problem shifting into second gear. The rattle only happens when it's in gear and I have any pressure on the shifter, it has a pretty loud rattle. Also, when shifting into second at WOT you have to really "slam" it into gear otherwise it wants to pop out causing me to miss the gear. I'm not sure if there is some adjustment in the shift linkage and I really have no idea why it all of the sudden started to rattle. Anybody else have the same problem? Any suggestions are welcome.
hmmmm, i'll give it a shot. sounds like your alignment plate may be loose. you may want to check it, and make sure that you tighten them down well (i think the spec is 10 ft-lbs).

Old 07-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Sorry for the ignorance... where is the plate? Is it where the inkage actually goes into the trans?

Old 07-22-2005, 09:52 PM
G35 6MT
Sorry for the ignorance... where is the plate? Is it where the inkage actually goes into the trans?
well, the plate is accessible from w/in the car. it is a plate with 3 bolts on it, that basically guide the shifter (gives it limits on where to go, and tells it where to go for reverse, via the notch on the shifter itself). it also holds the shifter in place (along with the shift cup). once you take off the center console, and the boot, you look down, you can't miss it.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Ah, I remember the one your talking about now. Thanks man. I'll try this and post if it works.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:51 PM
G35 6MT
Ah, I remember the one your talking about now. Thanks man. I'll try this and post if it works.
sweet, good luck!

Old 07-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Just got my installed. From the get-go i can tell that it takes more effort to shift, a lil' notchier, but overall more precisce. Topped it off with a Ti Sparco Shift **** my gf got me for our anniv.

Old 07-24-2005, 09:30 PM
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
Just got my installed. From the get-go i can tell that it takes more effort to shift, a lil' notchier, but overall more precisce. Topped it off with a Ti Sparco Shift **** my gf got me for our anniv.
sweet knee.....i mean shift **** shift ****!

Old 07-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Put some pics up of that Rogue so we can see how it looks installed.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is really nothing to see.....it looks like stock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rogue Eng. Short ShifterSHOULD BE NO OTHER