Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Rogue Eng. Short ShifterSHOULD BE NO OTHER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
yes, is there a benfit with '05? I test drove the '03 before I bought the '05. There is less vibration in the '05, but there is still some decent notchiness in the stock '05 shifter.

The best feeling and using shifter I ever had was the "pro 5.0" shifter for my Mustang Cobra. It was unreal. You felt like your arm was an extension of the transmission. Plus, it had adjustable stops to prevent "overthrow." Anybody else have experience w/ the Pro 5.0? how might the Rogue compare with it?

Thanks,
Andrew

Old 06-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got my Rouge Eng. SS installed. I installed it myself, with a jack and jack stands. Not much room for arm movement and leverage, but after several hand cramps I was finally able to complete my install. Not a hard DIY install at all.

Like others have mentioned, the rubber boot beneath the car was probably the most difficult, but with a little patience, okay, ALOT of patience, it can easily be put back on.

Definately alot smoother shift than the B&M SS and best of all NO RATTLES!

Thanks, copbait for your review. very accurate!

Old 06-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by SFG356MT
Ben,

It seems that you may have several interested people for your product (myself being one). Would you be willing to offer a group buy pricing? I've read many reviews and articles and believe that you have a superior product. I would appreciate it if you can make it possible. Thanks in advance for your product and support.

Al
SFG356MT
I would want in on the group buy also
We're all waiting for the word Ben

Old 06-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great product, but shifting from 5 to 6 is clunky......did i mess up the install

Old 06-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
FYI - I had read a thread a while back about a GB on the Rogue shifters (dunno, may even be this one). I don't remember the pricing, but if I remember correctly the GB was actually more expensive than the current retail pricing on the shifter.

Rogue has already reduced the pricing on the shifter, so I'm not too sure if Rogue (or other vendors) would drop the price any more.

Whatever the story is, 350Evo is the cheapest I found so far, you can buy directly from Rogue too.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:39 PM
INstalled my RE shifter yesterday after having it sit in my garage for a few months! Easy to install, the directions were on point and it shifts great! Very precise gear engagement! Very crisp without being too notchy! Love it!

Old 06-22-2005, 09:14 PM
so wheres the cheapeest place to get one? heh

Old 06-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Group Buy Pricing ALREADY in effect...

For those newcomers who keep clamering for a Group Buy, note that the LAST group buy showed us that if we LOWERED our price (Remember, WAS $239), we may sell more.

Currently, the shifter has been lowered to $179, a 25% discount! You can now buy the shifter at our previous dealer cost!

Needless to say, this is not a made in taiwan shifter. Everything is done here, in the US, so that we can maintain our quality.

My recommendation? Order now before our dwindling stock is depleted (not a whole lot left). Once they're gone, we will most likely NOT be making more. The 350Z/G35 crowd has been a little slow to accept and realize that this product is far superior to the competition, so we're just planning to phase it out all together. Of course, unless someone steps up the plate and orders 50-100 pieces.

Ben Liaw
Rogue Engineering

Old 06-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Superman
Ben, hopefully you read this.

Do you know if there is much benefit for those of us with 2005 coupe's? It is our understanding that the shifter has changed to a shorter throw with vibration dampeners.

If there is a difference in the Rogue shifter from the 2005 stock shifter, i am sure you will have at LEAST 5 more orders just from the people that see your reply.

Thanks!
I don't have access to the factory parts CD, to see if there was indeed a change for the 2005.

We did have a customer come in a few weeks ago, but not sure if he was an 04 or 05, and his shifter was the same as all the others I saw. I can find out from this customer and get back to you guys.

Of course, unless someone has access to the parts info, to see if there was indeed a change.

Also, the best way to get me is by private email at ben@rogueengineering.com.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by GZire
Whatever the story is, 350Evo is the cheapest I found so far, you can buy directly from Rogue too.

Why does the RE STS on 350Evo look different than the one on the RE website?

350Evo:

RE:

Old 06-30-2005, 04:10 AM
That 1st pic is the 350evo short shifter, not R.E's if you select the R.E. shifter they show the pic of an R.E. shifter. I just ordered my R.E. shifter and shift cup right now on 350evo.com Don't want to wait till the supply becomes depleted and regret not getting it earlier at such a good price.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ditto^, but directly from RE. Guess I'll pick up the shift cup from the parts dept.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Can someone explain why this shift cup is needed? Isn't there a stock piece already?

Old 06-30-2005, 02:07 PM
The stock piece is diffcult to take off the oem shifter and there is a chance of breakig it therefore delaying your install time and having to make another appointment with the shop. A new shift cup is only 11 bux and is def. worth the admission price of saving yourself from potential delays with install time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rogue Eng. Short ShifterSHOULD BE NO OTHER