Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Gordgee's GroundingGear®

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 12:54 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I originally told Gordgee that I didn't think the torque wrench was needed...just tighten it snugly. However, I ended up buying a torque wrench and put everything up to spec. It turned out I under torqued most of my bolts so now I'm up to spec. It was a cheap investment and well worth it.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could not believe that my first brand-new car, and a 2005 model to boot, could come from the factory not properly grounded. Was I missing some good sense as I mailed GordGee an International Money Order? Well, I took other people's word and opinions and sent for these "magical voo-doo" wires.

I finally installed the 10-wire kit on Friday after it sat on my office for a couple of months as I pondered my temporary fit of fiscal insanity. It took about 1.5hrs to install, and then I took off as a "bat out of Hell" on some highway runs.

I am pleased to report that the car felt a lot smoother, the shifts were smarter in auto mode, and crisper in manumatic mode, and high rpm's felt as without ignition break-up. These wires made a believer out of this heathen.

Good job Gordon!

Old 05-16-2005, 03:08 PM
I'd like to get pricing info on this kit, but I don't have the ability to PM yet. Can someone point me in the right direction? You can email me directly at dublez@psudo.net.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
I also don't have the ability to PM anyone yet and would like information on the GroundingGear kit. My email address is smcinto1@tampabay.rr.com.

Thanks

Old 05-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a info-mercial on this forum!!!

Old 05-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Guys,

Just post at least five times and you will get the ability to PM.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Jp1
tcu wire

Anyone with the 10 wire set have problems locating the tcu wire? In the pictures that come with the instruction set, there looks to be a box secured to the chasis and that's where the wire is to be grounded. On my ride there is no box at that location. I'm wondering if nissan relocated the tcu on the 04 vs the 03. Help!

Old 05-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
PM gordgee, he had photos of the tranny hookup to me in less than a day

Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Gordgee's GroundingGear

Originally Posted by Jp1
Anyone with the 10 wire set have problems locating the tcu wire? In the pictures that come with the instruction set, there looks to be a box secured to the chasis and that's where the wire is to be grounded. On my ride there is no box at that location. I'm wondering if nissan relocated the tcu on the 04 vs the 03. Help!
Inifiniti has been moving various components of the TCU around. It sounds like you have it attached to to proper point in your 2004.5, ie. to the bracket which is grounded to the side of the footwell. There are components mounted on the right side of the passenger footwell that still benefit from the grounding there (I'm told by an Infiniti tech), and should still benefit the tranny response as much as possible though for some runs, Infiniti moved the box it self to the tranny housing. Much of the feedback has been with your set-up and the tranny response is reported to be improved using that bracket point.

The lastest 2005 pic that I received and have confirmed on the '05, the TCU box was returned to the footwell, so attaching directly to it would be suggested.

Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Jp1
Gg

Thanks Gord,

I completely stand behind the Gordgee Grounding gear. It's been one of my best mods and the customer service has been outstanding. I'm just one of those perfectionists that if something doesn't seem completely clear, I try over and over to make it clear. By all means don't let this post steer you away from the kit. Jamie

Old 05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Thumbs up

I just had Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater Florida install my GG 10 wire kit today. Quality of the product and customer service from Gord is top of the line. I concur with the previous posts that ". . .the car felt a lot smoother, the shifts were smarter in auto mode, and crisper in manumatic mode." If you have the AT, get the 10 wire kit. You will not be disappointed.

I would purchase again with no reservations.

Attached Thumbnails -dscf0474.jpg  
Old 05-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Thumbs up Gordgee's Kit

Thanks Gord!!!!!!

I Just installed the 5 wire system and I am impressed. The first thing I noticed is how the Idle was alot more stable. Then after a driving around for a bit it really showed up, the shifts were crisper, so I can imagine what the kits do. It is well worth the time and effort.

The product is fantastic and would highly recomend it to anyone.

My .02 - Think it would a great starting point getting the right signals to the computer first before any other MODs added on. Any thoughts on that?

Ed

Old 05-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Did you just get the basic 5 wire system? If you did, you really don't know what you're missing. I experimented, and had my buddies do "blind drives" with the different wire combinations (including my old Sun Auto, and Stillen kits). The GroundingGear wins hands down in noticeable improvement, but when you add the other wires to 10, it's amazing how much it improves the feel of the car!

My buddy with the 6MT 350Z loves his, and he even thinks it changes the VDC response so that it's less intrusive. Not sure, since I've only driven his car a few times, but both of us agree that it definitely feels like it pulls better in the lower gears (noticeable in 2 and 3) .

Gord, just wondered if you've done any of the turbo'd or SC'd cars?

Old 06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Out of many - one people
I installed the 7-wire groundinggear kit for my 2004 5AT sedan last weekend. The install was straight forward until I got to the #7 wire and the arangement of the front engine ground points. I emailed Gordgee and the info I needed was in my inbox in a few hours. Costomer service was 1st rate.

As far as the improvements, there was no "OMG". What I did notice was that the idle was lower, smoother and quieter. There is defininately a change in drivability for the better. The most important thing that I noticed is the gas mileage. Before groundinggear, my gas mileage ranged from 15mpg to 16mpg. After grounding, I checked my mileage after 1 tankful and I got 19mpg. My driving did not change, as a matter of fact, I drove more agressively for the ECU'S sake.

Like I said before, I did not feel any great performance increase (hp,tq) but the car drives much better.

To sum it all up, I think everyone should have this installed in their car. If not for some of the improvements that I and others have mentioned, then do it for peace of mind and knowing that your car has a much improved grounding system.

Thanks Gordon.

Old 06-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation

I just got a PM from a member which included this attached message:

Originally Posted by acerys
Hi:

I am Sam,one of G35driver.com members. I read the post about Ground kit you replied. I am very interested in the 10-wire kit. I am currently using 6-wire kit for my G. Where do the other 4 wires connect? How is the difference between 6-wire and 10 wire. Is the installation easy? Thanks.

Sam
acerys has apparently been searching out information from others by e-mailing those with GroundingGear® Systems. Sam has now been advertising the sale of 10 wire kits on another forum. As a matter of courtsy, and so members here are aware, the following is my communication to him. This should in no way affect the legal use and distribution of GroundingGear™ products.

Sam:

If you have developed these kits from GroundingGear® Systems development, I will caution you that if you have done this through requests for information from members, I may have to take some action if my lawyers, whom I will be contacting on Monday suggest.

Since all members of these 2 forums purchase their Systems at dealer wholesale cost, they are considered part of my Research and Development team, and are bound by certain rules. They are not allowed to distribute the Copyrighted © information contained in the documentation, nor allowed to disclose proprietary information such as lengths, grounding points, etc. to be used in any commercial manner by other than those allowed through written permission from GroundingGear Ltd. This opens them up to litigation. As most know, I keep meticulous information about each of the R&D systems and ownership of same throughout North America and as far away as Guam, and each owner is bound by certain implicit rules in accepting a R&D System, as do all users of commercial products where Copyrighted © information is contained in its documentation, and proprietary information is utilized.

If you have obtained this information through efforts suggested by your PM above, you may be open to legal action.

Sorry to sound like a hard-a$$ about this, as I don’t normally consider some guy making these things out of his basement for his own use as my competition. But be aware that not only have I invested a significant amount of funds into the specialized equipment necessary for commercial quality wares, obtained Registered Trademark in Canada, and in the process in the US, but a considerable amount of funds and time were used in R&D over the past 2 years to develop the 10 wire Systems for the G35.

The original kits were 5 wires and widely copied. The 6th wire was co-developed and introduced by myself and Z-Xtreme. The 7th wire, now widely copied, was developed by GroundingGear Ltd. and as Z-Xtreme acknowledged credit to GroundingGear Ltd, he has been offering this as well.

The additional wires, up to 10, were developed over the course of a full year through consultation with Infiniti techs and my electrical engineers at considerable cost, with feedback from the R&D team.

Please be aware of this information.

Gordon Gee,
President, GroundingGear Ltd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®