Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

tire specs question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tire specs question

is it possible to fit a 19/30/295 in the front for a g35 coupe?

the wheels are 19x12
I am dropped an inch all around on tanabe coils
I have aftermarket SPL front/rear camber arms

Old 12-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Possible perhaps. But I think it would involve some aggressive fender pull if not an actual widebody kit
Depends if you want to be able to drive it too.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:21 AM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Without stupid amounts of camber and a crazy pull, you aren't fitting a 12 under the front. Let alone with a 295 tire on it. This is a 10.5 with a 245 at -6.6* of camber...

Old 12-19-2016, 06:37 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I've never understood the allure of stupid camber like this^^. Looks dumb as fvck, especially when part of the tires don't even touch the road. Very often too much of a good thing turns out to be a very bad thing................

Old 12-19-2016, 07:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I've never understood the allure of stupid camber like this^^. Looks dumb as fvck, especially when part of the tires don't even touch the road. Very often too much of a good thing turns out to be a very bad thing................
I don't get it either but to each his own. With the roads around here that wouldn't last one commute lol

Old 12-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Blue you know like many other mods, stupid camber and stretched tires is just "Trendy Trash!" Someone in Japan does something all of a sudden it becomes cool. Cool doesn't include tire life and drive ability or easy to work on what you drive without major problems!
Gary

Old 12-19-2016, 11:54 AM
I know the rear is a bit much, if you would take to the time to read my thread you would see where I stated I don't like how the rear sits. Nor does any of your opinions help with the OP's questions, just saying. I don't expect old timers to appreciate the modern tuner scene.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:20 AM

lolol no need to get butt hurt. I appreciate a lot of new things but a mod that destroys the integrity of functional parts of a car, ie. one that compromises safety and handling (traction anyone?), promotes unreal tire wear thus polluting the environment with even more manufactured rubber garbage etc. is just idiotic to me and to a lot of our members no matter how long they have been here or how old they are. If you know anything about my G I have a lot of mods that make people go WTF? but they don't make my car unsafe to drive. So making assumptions is a bit ignorant IMHO, you know what they say about "assume" right? If you're too young to get it let me know I'll spell it out for you.

If you want to whine like a baby go ahead, not many of us care. I've said a ton on this forum "if you like it then go for it" to people that have done mods that have me shaking my head, but they weren't a safety concern. This on the other hand is one I will flame over and over again, if that offends you then grow thicker skin or GTFO (kidding but you get my point ).

And OP's question has been answered.................Don't worry, you're still my boo.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:24 AM
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
well lets put it this way, I ran a 18x10.5 +15 with 295 tire in the front and -1deg camber. The tire was slightly outside the edge of the fender, but I also have a good suspension setup that did its job, but I would still hit with harsh enough dips or bumps, or while the wheels were turned and entering a parking lot, so a 12 wide is going to cause problems. You likely wont find a high enough offset to clear the fender without causing problems clearing suspension components on the inside. If you (properly) run a flare up front or a wide body kit then you'd be fine, you could run a low enough offset to clear suspension.

Also, a 12wide may cause some steering issues and may take a custom link setup to get lock to lock without hitting. You would want to run a larger p/s fluid cooler. Your fluid is going to heat up fast from your pump and rack working overtime to turn that much tire. May work fine for a while, but will probably have issues not too far down the road.

Lastly, stock up on wheel bearings if you go with a wide wheel and low offsets.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:00 PM
And OP's question has been answered.................Don't worry, you're still my boo.
I don't see how this is deemed unsafe. Sure it looks like it, but its not like I cheaped out on any parts. Full SPC camber and toe, coilovers that can handle being low, stiff springs etc. And traction isn't something I struggle with since I drive like a grandma in the first place. I'm not butthurt, but calling someone's pride and joy "dumb as fvck" isn't really considered a nice gesture. And I'm not that young, it makes an "**** out of you and me." Ily bby

Old 12-21-2016, 07:30 AM

I understand what you're saying and my comments are just my opinion, you know what they say about those. I'm a very direct, blunt 54 year old who acts like a 6 year old with no filter a lot and I wouldn't have it any other way. That being said my safety comments are serious, no matter how much like a Grandma you drive, tires are one of the most underrated safety features of your car and they, along with the suspension are designed to protect you. When your tires are set up like yours they don't work the way they're supposed to. If you were driving on the freeway in a rainstorm and hit water that causes the vehicle to hydroplane you're essentially fvcked because you don't have the traction to deal with that issue.

Another thing I have learned is IDGAF what other people think of me and what I do. Am I always nice, no but I'm always honest and that rubs some people the wrong way. I'm happy with myself and if you like me cool and if you don't that's cool too, so I wouldn't be offended if someone criticized my ride. They are welcome to their opinion and I to mine. However we are all different and that's one of the things that makes life beautiful. So I apologize if I offended you. BTW I think I remember reading somewhere you're 18 so yes, in the grand scheme of this awesome thing we call life you're a youngster which isn't a bad thing.

And on top of all that you're still my boo.............

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.