Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Concerns with this Forum...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Concerns with this Forum...

Hey Guys I know we all have a sense of humor here and the people that know each other joke around here on the boards and at the meets and what not.. but I seriously think it may be getting out of hand and someone might take offense to whats going on here. This forum is turning into a Asian vs. Middle Eastern thing and I think we should stop with some of the posts and also all those alias' that people are coming up with for they're forum names. So far I've hung out with all the main members who post here in this forum and I know they joke.. but even somethings im taking to offense (none from the people I know, just some smartas$). I know its all in good fun.. and I dont mean to be an uptight member here but we should really draw this line soon before someone crosses it.. and honestly if you want to post in this thread please be serious.. this is the only thread i ask for people to be serious in.. Thanks for your time in reading this..

-Big Papa Smurf
(See I have a sense of Humor )

Old 04-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree Lets drop the racial tension.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i tried deleting posts that were not relevant and people just keep on posting. I really don't know how to control this forum anymore. I can get people very pissed off very quickly..

anyways i am getting an admin to help me control this forum since i will be busy these couple of weeks.

Ed lin

Old 04-09-2005, 04:02 AM
Here's my two cents...

I just about have no issues with anyone that i've met so far. (IN REAL LIFE)
From one spectrum to another (Kia, Ali, Khurram, Kamal to Donny, The Dans (compton and yoyo), Hiromi, Mark)

But i do think the issue is *NEW* people coming up on the boards and trading shots with the regulars. First off, if you're new, you ease into the scene. If you don't know the person, watch the way you address them. Tone of voice and facial expressions cannot be made out behind a monitor. Even between close friends, things can be misinterpreted online.

For those of you that are new, (and apparently new to forums), just cuz you've traded a couple words with some people, and red someone's posts, don't mean you the ****. Be a little humble, get to know people a little better, before the trash-talkin begins.

As for the asians vs middle eastern thing, it's fun and laughs until a noobie to the socal forums takes it to heart (asian OR middle eastern) and starts throwin hissy fits. I'm not for censorship, so i can't say i'm for putting a gag order on it. But use common sense and etiquette.

Example: *IF* G-Unit(Khurram) were to call me a dirty gook, i'd thank him for the compliment. I'd always thought of myself as a rotten gook.

Example: *IF* Gee Im Fast (someone i don't know, he doesn't know me, we've never met) were to call me a dirty gook, it wouldn't hurt my feelings but in my head i'd be thinking "wtf, where did this guy come from? does this guy know me? does he WANT an a$$-beatin?"

Note to Gee Im Fast: I'm not gonna give you an a$$-beatin. It was just an example. No offense. Please don't pull a COMPTON on me.

Last edited by MEECHIN; 04-09-2005 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:32 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by GUniiT
Hey Guys I know we all have a sense of humor here and the people that know each other joke around here on the boards and at the meets and what not.. but I seriously think it may be getting out of hand and someone might take offense to whats going on here. This forum is turning into a Asian vs. Middle Eastern thing and I think we should stop with some of the posts and also all those alias' that people are coming up with for they're forum names. So far I've hung out with all the main members who post here in this forum and I know they joke.. but even somethings im taking to offense (none from the people I know, just some smartas$). I know its all in good fun.. and I dont mean to be an uptight member here but we should really draw this line soon before someone crosses it.. and honestly if you want to post in this thread please be serious.. this is the only thread i ask for people to be serious in.. Thanks for your time in reading this..

-Big Papa Smurf
my fellow lund-sucker, I stand by you 100%...

there is ****-talking, but theres a limit.

i had a man-to-man AIM conversation (i almost cried) with Donny (a.k.a. Dizz) today about this very subject.

we all need to chill and think about what we write before we write it...
and if someone calls someone else a name, you never know, they might just be joking cause it is an inside joke or something...

ok i have to go pee............................................... ......

Old 04-09-2005, 04:44 AM
Dude,
Phucking-A, everyone just relax! You all are forgeting the real purpose of this forum.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
To discuss cars?

Old 04-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I agree with meechin...although I don't know him or alot of people on this forum, I HAVE NEVER EVER said anything to disrepsect anyone simply because I don't know you, and I don't know how you'll take it. If inadvertenly something was said by me that may be the SLIGHTEST disrespectful towards anyone or any people, I have always done it in an internet friendly way by showing I am not serious WHATSOEVER. But yea you guys can check me the moment (if ever) I slip...

Old 04-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Couldn't have said it any better myself, Khurram.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by MEECHIN
Here's my two cents...

But i do think the issue is *NEW* people coming up on the boards and trading shots with the regulars. First off, if you're new, you ease into the scene. If you don't know the person, watch the way you address them. Tone of voice and facial expressions cannot be made out behind a monitor. Even between close friends, things can be misinterpreted online.

For those of you that are new, (and apparently new to forums), just cuz you've traded a couple words with some people, and red someone's posts, don't mean you the ****. Be a little humble, get to know people a little better, before the trash-talkin begins.
Alright, I'm not going to come here and start another war. But, PLEASE... Don't assume that you are a veteran on this forum with 82 posts. That goes for G35chick as well. I've had my G and been on the forum for over 2 years and have loved this forum until you guys came in and raided it with a flood of posts. Go back to earlier post dates and see how everyone was talking about huge 100+ car meets and planning for events. Now when you come in here, all you read is: "Hookah meet today... and tommorow too." That's great that you guys are being active & stuff, but you guys know you are basically inviting your friends on the forum. Why don't you give them a call or AIM them to meet up. You don't need to publicize every little get together you guys are having. It's going to be in the OC anyway, so what's the point of us having to listen to it?

just my .02

Old 04-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Alright, I'm not going to come here and start another war. But, PLEASE... Don't assume that you are a veteran on this forum with 82 posts. That goes for G35chick as well. I've had my G and been on the forum for over 2 years and have loved this forum until you guys came in and raided it with a flood of posts. Go back to earlier post dates and see how everyone was talking about huge 100+ car meets and planning for events. Now when you come in here, all you read is: "Hookah meet today... and tommorow too." That's great that you guys are being active & stuff, but you guys know you are basically inviting your friends on the forum. Why don't you give them a call or AIM them to meet up. You don't need to publicize every little get together you guys are having. It's going to be in the OC anyway, so what's the point of us having to listen to it?

just my .02
Let's see, where do i start with this one....

Wickboy. So i'm "not a vet with 82 posts"? Then a couple sentences later you say i flood the forums with posts. Kinda contradicting yourself there aren't you? Any relation to John Kerry?

In my original post, did i *EVER* say i was a vet? No.
I know who the vets are. And by the way, post count don't mean squat. (Look at spammers) I keep my posting to a minimum, speak when i think my input is necessary. I apologize if that gets on your nerves. Would you rather me be a spammer? (i'm being sarcastic. i thought i'd tell you because you seem to require everything spelled out for you)

My post was about how people that don't really know each other or have never met each other in real life could rub each other the wrong way online. Not about how "i'm a vet and you're a scrub"

If anything, the sorriest display of internet etiquette was your "from where the *****" post. U live in LA huh? So do I. Yet i drive from LA to Pomona to work and then down to the OC sometimes to chill with these guys. Why? Because they're just about the most down to earth, easy going people you'll ever meet. But how could people that DO NOT hang with us, know that?

Listen Wickman. I didn't take offense to what you said. I've got some pretty thick skin. What bugs me was how you tried to portray yourself as an old school g35driver veteran or a guy that's been around longer than all of us and attempted to belittle me for something that we're not even talking about. I never proclaimed myself to be a vet. But i also am not a spammer.
Thanks for your input. We really appreciate it... oh wait a minute... we wanted 2 cents, not 2 pesos.

Wick, "Hooked on Phoenics" has a special going on this month. I suggest you look into it. Because you have some SERIOUS reading comprehension issues that need to be rectified.Learn to read what the thread is about before you post. You've gone off on a tangent and we're all looking at each other like this: (O_o)

nuff said,
Dru

Last edited by MEECHIN; 04-09-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by GeoBau
To discuss cars?
I though we were all here to look for my red stapler???

Old 04-09-2005, 04:10 PM
FYI, Wicked.... (speaking of assumptions)....

Dru's been around a lot longer than his "83 posts" and "join date" of Mar 2005 implies...

....He recently happened to change his screenname to MEECHIN

Lates,

Mark

Last edited by G354GOD; 04-09-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by GUniiT

-Big Papa Smurf
Holy sh*t, you do look like Papa Smurf. I didn't really put it together because Papa Smurf wasn't 6'4".
Anyway,

First off...
To all the middle easterner's that I've kicked it with and Patrick Wong.
Respect.
Congrats on the Ztube PW, your very first mod, how fun.

Anyways...

We all joked, ate really crappy food at hooters, shared boba and cigarettes, played GT4 in a car wash parking lot. Cool cars, good people, good times.

Please understand that I have no ill will towards you guys, you guys are very cool individuals and it's a shame that you guys got mixed up in this BS just because of your ethnicity.

Now...
Papa Smurf thinks this is an Asian vs. Middle eastern thing, I have to disagree with him.

The thing is, the two "warring" parties are minorities. We're all proud of our heritage as we all should be. (except for Dru)

But once someone starts brazenly announcing that their heritage is "running sh*t" or making racially charged comments in foreign languages towards another ethnicity, this is what I have a problem with. This is a f*cking southern california g35 message board, not an international soccer(football) game.

Unfortunately, yesterday was the boiling point for me.

I can't speak for my friends, but my point of view is this, check your national pride at the door or login screen, I promise you, it'll still be there when you leave. Instead of being a Persian or Chinese G35 owner, how about just being a G35 owner?

I hope that some people will realize that this is an English speaking car forum, This is not a place for PW to practice his Farsi swear words, but a place to talk about our cars, the friends that you made because of this car, talking about that big titted milf you saw doing lines off her ***** in rush hour traffic on the 405, talking about how gay(corny) someone is or to talk about the next time people are getting together.

Whatever you guys talk about, I ask that you reply in English. If this request offends you, please don't get your a$$ all rashed up, this would be a prime example of someone that should be "checking their national pride at the door".

I know this forum's been doing well with everyone just speaking English.
And I'm confident to say that 99% of the socal regional members will agree with me.

Old 04-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Sound Advice
Anybody missing a Red Stapler with Hello Kitty stickers all over it?

Can't we all just get along...sniff sniff. - the late Rodney King

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concerns with this Forum...