Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor Customer Service

Hey guys...have you guys experienced POOR customer service at Infiniti of Montclair...just wanna let guys know that they suck

Old 07-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by 6MTG35cylee
Hey guys...have you guys experienced POOR customer service at Infiniti of Montclair...just wanna let guys know that they suck

Yea ...service department sucks. always take forever for my car

Old 07-02-2005, 02:47 AM
6MTG35cylee...

I work at Infiniti of Montclair, sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. Please tell me what happened or who did you wrong...that way the management will hear about it & hopefully we can improve.

Thank you very much for your past patronage & I hope you will give us another chance! On behalf of the dealership...I sincerely hope you'll come back again.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6MTG35cylee Posts: 1

Hope to hear from him again. I'd like to know his reason as to why he had a bad experience.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:14 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Gthree5 6MT
6MTG35cylee...

I work at Infiniti of Montclair, sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. Please tell me what happened or who did you wrong...that way the management will hear about it & hopefully we can improve.

Thank you very much for your past patronage & I hope you will give us another chance! On behalf of the dealership...I sincerely hope you'll come back again.
Didn't you used to work at metro infiniti?
I bought my G at Montclair, It is due to them that I will NEVER take my car to any infiniti dealership for basic maintenance, warranty only.

Let's just say that the service department is f'ed up real good. You can PM me if you want specifics. BTW, it was the second infinti I purchased from them, and I will NEVER buy another infiniti because of them, period.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:29 AM
Infiniti Service Deparment is shi**ier than Honda service guys. Always slow, are not aware of the problems, low-class attitude, cheap about giving up their loaners, etc. etc. No wonder Infiniti service can't match up with Lexus. These kinda stuff makes me not wanna buy another Infiniti again and go with Lexus instead. Although, our family had 7 Infiniti's so far.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:47 AM
Socalg35, I cant PM you for some reason. I think you have the option turned off. I live really close to Infiniti of Montclair and that's where I will probably have to go to get my car serviced so I was wondering if you could share your experience.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Well, I no longer work at Infiniti of Montclair...now at Shelly BMW in Buena Park.

However, I'd still like to attempt to clear some things up regarding the Service Dept there. And, actually, this goes for most Infiniti dealerships...not just Montclair.

1) Due to tremendous sales in the past 2-3 years (mostly G35)...the Service Dept is really, really backed up. There are simply too many customers coming for maintenence & other repair work.

2) In addition, that (see #1) is also the reason they may seem "cheap about their loaner cars"...its not that they're being "cheap" (every Infiniti owner is guaranteed a loaner as part of Total Ownership Experience promise)...there simply isn't enough cars to be loaned out. To ensure you get a loaner car, dealerships are asking you to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.

3) Regarding being slow...see #1 & #2 above. Its all tied in...

My advice is simple: MAKE AN APPOINTMENT

If you make an appointment & STILL get ****ty service, then I guess I rest my case. But, since I've been on the other side, I'm just sharing w/ you all what I've seen...and in "most" cases (notice I didn't say "all"...so, don't start responding w/ flames, etc.) customers only think about ME & "I want my stuff NOW".

You guys (and myself) bought a great product. And, along w/ that comes Infiniti's promise of good service. However, just remember that there are LOTS of other people out there w/ Infiniti products...and they need service too. BUT, there simply isn't enough space & manpower to service everyone quickly.

Its kind of like the proverbial question of "which comes first...the chicken or the egg?"

If the products were ****ty & noone bought it...then there'd be plenty of space/manpower to handle service issues in a timely fashion.

But since the product is so good & it sold so well...now we have the problem of too many customers to handle.

Hope you will all feel better after reading my two-cents. If not, come trade in your G's w/ me for a BMW...hehehe!!! Just Kidding!!! ^_^

Old 07-13-2005, 11:41 AM
anyway, that guy still has one post which means he isnt one to be trusted. Anyone can register to any brand forum and trash a dealer and never come back.

Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I've had pretty decent service at both Metro in Monrovia and Glendale.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by ShadyJC
I've had pretty decent service at both Metro in Monrovia and Glendale.
Metro in monrovia is the worst i've had so far. i just hate the service guy Chris Masico. he's some arrogant a-hole and gives you sh** for nothing.

other than that, i've visited Glendale, Tustin, and Cerritos Infiniti and they were all kind and willing to help solve the problem of my car.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gthree5 6MT
Well, I no longer work at Infiniti of Montclair...now at Shelly BMW in Buena Park.

However, I'd still like to attempt to clear some things up regarding the Service Dept there. And, actually, this goes for most Infiniti dealerships...not just Montclair.

1) Due to tremendous sales in the past 2-3 years (mostly G35)...the Service Dept is really, really backed up. There are simply too many customers coming for maintenence & other repair work.

2) In addition, that (see #1) is also the reason they may seem "cheap about their loaner cars"...its not that they're being "cheap" (every Infiniti owner is guaranteed a loaner as part of Total Ownership Experience promise)...there simply isn't enough cars to be loaned out. To ensure you get a loaner car, dealerships are asking you to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.

3) Regarding being slow...see #1 & #2 above. Its all tied in...

My advice is simple: MAKE AN APPOINTMENT

If you make an appointment & STILL get ****ty service, then I guess I rest my case. But, since I've been on the other side, I'm just sharing w/ you all what I've seen...and in "most" cases (notice I didn't say "all"...so, don't start responding w/ flames, etc.) customers only think about ME & "I want my stuff NOW".

You guys (and myself) bought a great product. And, along w/ that comes Infiniti's promise of good service. However, just remember that there are LOTS of other people out there w/ Infiniti products...and they need service too. BUT, there simply isn't enough space & manpower to service everyone quickly.

Its kind of like the proverbial question of "which comes first...the chicken or the egg?"

If the products were ****ty & noone bought it...then there'd be plenty of space/manpower to handle service issues in a timely fashion.

But since the product is so good & it sold so well...now we have the problem of too many customers to handle.

Hope you will all feel better after reading my two-cents. If not, come trade in your G's w/ me for a BMW...hehehe!!! Just Kidding!!! ^_^

[RANT ON]Jimmy, I realize that they are slow, I expect that with the amount of Infiniti's being sold. That is not the problem. The problems are not doing services that are contracted for, and then charging you for them...On more than one occassion

They really have no idea what the hell they are doing! I took my car in to have the XM receiver replaced with the newer one (updated firmware) because mine was having the loading issue. After 6 weeks of getting nowhere with the service writer, and parts department, the service manager "personally took care of it". That ended up with 4 weeks later with nothing but "I will have to call you back", "I have to call the parts department, I will call you RIGHT back", "I tried to call you, but after you never called back, we sent the receiver back".

They have (had) 3 good contact numbers for me from previous work orders. It is an automatic thing, they put your VIN in, and your name, address, phone nmbers are already in their system. I had them print out my last work order, and you can see the numbers had been transposed...Hmmmm, how convenient. My phone numbers haven't changed in the last 5 years.[/RANT OFF]

I have plenty more....

PM should be up now

Last edited by socalg35; 07-13-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey GThree, I DO make an appointment every single time and never late to it. I'm not dumb enough to walk in to a service deparment without one. The problem is that their promise waiting time and the actual waiting time is about double. They tell me to sit and wait because it only takes an hour to hour and half, and found out to be 4 hours. Fu*k this ya know. And as far as the loaners go, instead of giving it to me, they gave it to the guy who came in right after me. And for not knowing what the hell they are doing, I took in my defected Radio because most of the 05 radio has defect in keeping the settings for the bass and the treble, they asked ME what the FIX is. If you get these kind of service, you can't really say anything right? Hey, I'm a consumer, I really don't care about you guys not being able to handle volume cars. It's about consumers getting treated with courteous right? That's what the customer satisfaction is all about. Not a dealer satisfaction.

Last edited by Armani350GT; 07-14-2005 at 03:52 AM.