Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Izzy/others who went to Saddle Ranch:Please read!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Izzy/others who went to Saddle Ranch:Please read!!

First of all, let me start off by saying that anyone who knows me, family/friends, know that I always offer to help pay a bill or try to chip in any time that I go out. If I invite someone, I always make sure that I take care of the bill. I make decent money and don't mind spending money when I am having a good time. With that being said, a number of us from this board hooked up at Saddle Ranch (City Walk) last night. Izzy extended the invite to anyone on the board to come down and he hooked up the VIP area which was really cool. He knows some people at Saddle Ranch, like the server in the VIP area. I had a great time and got to meet some fellow G owners. There were tons of hot girls there too! Like I said, I had a great time . . . . until the very end.
I got there before anyone else so I gave the server my card to get the ball rolling for the night. Slowly everyone started showing up. Before you know it, it is packed and we are all having a really good time! We were all drinking and eating and just partying down. After a long *** week, I really needed to blow off some steam. As the night is winding down, the server tells me that the final bill is $750, should he run my card? I told him no because I was just using my card to get the night started, talk to Izzy about the final bill. I had a really good time so I of course offer to help with the bill. At first I was told that it was going to be split 4 ways and it would be $187.50 each. Fine, no problem. Then someone lost there wallet, people started leaving and before you know it, I got stuck paying $600 of a $750 bill! Not to mention that my friend threw in another $50 to help out. So between me and my friend, we paid $650 of a $750 bill! WTF!!!!!!!!! How did this happen!?!? Can anyone who was there explain how I got stuck with the majority of the bill?!?! Everyone there was eating and drinking and having a good time but when it came time to pay, there was no one to be found to chip in. Unfortunately I don't know who anyone else was that was there last night. Last night was the first time that I met anyone from this board to kick it. Now that I am sober, I am beyond pissed! And I am also very disappointed. Please tell me that this is not the way that it usually is with people from this board. Damn man, I was so down to have a good time and just chill and enjoy the night and now this has totally ruined my weekend.
I'm not trying to throw anybody out there or put anyone on blast but this is just too much. If I would have known that I was gonna get stuck with the bill, guess what, I wouldn't have gone.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks... never had that problem before. In fact, with the group I usually hang out with we have a surplus of cash being thrown at the bill.

G35driver's that were there and sucked a few back on someone else's tab, pay up. And pay up for any friends that came with you. There is probably a good reason and I would hope that the true spirit of this forum shows itself soon.

-Ted

Old 08-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by SoCalTed
That sucks... never had that problem before. In fact, with the group I usually hang out with we have a surplus of cash being thrown at the bill.

G35driver's that were there and sucked a few back on someone else's tab, pay up. And pay up for any friends that came with you. There is probably a good reason and I would hope that the true spirit of this forum shows itself soon.

-Ted
Thanks Ted! You know around my usual circle of friends, that's usually how we do it too. Whatever the final bill is, we split it up and all chip in. We have run up some pretty hefty tabs too and it has never been a problem. I figured that this was a new way to make some new friends and also have a good time. I just have to say that I am really disappointed by this situation. I didn't even eat anything, yet it looks like I paid for the food. I mean, Grey Goose is definitely my vodka of choice but there is no way that me and my homie drank 3 bottles of Grey Goose alone. Maybe next time, I'll just have to kick it with you Ted.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Future Sedan Freak
DAMN! thats just so wrong. this really leaves a very bad impression to me. you get invited then you get stuck with 90% of the bill? thats just cheap and ****ed up. im sorry you had to deal with that.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by ryansg35
DAMN! thats just so wrong. this really leaves a very bad impression to me. you get invited then you get stuck with 90% of the bill? thats just cheap and ****ed up. im sorry you had to deal with that.
It's definitely wrong bro. I mean, some times **** like this happens. I just never thought that something like this would happen with fellow G owners. Damn man, I would be embarassed to eat and drink on someone else's tab and not even offer to help pay. And like I said, I just used my card to get the night started. I didn't know that I was even going to have a tab. When you are told to get whatever you want, I figured it was being taken care of. If I would have been told, get what you want but you are paying, that bill would have never reached $750 unless I knew for sure that everyone was gonna kick down some $$$$$.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Future Sedan Freak
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
It's definitely wrong bro. I mean, some times **** like this happens. I just never thought that something like this would happen with fellow G owners. Damn man, I would be embarassed to eat and drink on someone else's tab and not even offer to help pay. And like I said, I just used my card to get the night started. I didn't know that I was even going to have a tab. When you are told to get whatever you want, I figured it was being taken care of. If I would have been told, get what you want but you are paying, that bill would have never reached $750 unless I knew for sure that everyone was gonna kick down some $$$$$.
OH HELL YEAH!! that's hell of an embarassment bro! i would get the same impression as well, next time you throw your CC down make sure to tell whom ever has it that you are the only one allowed to order anything on that CC, which means you only pay for what you order on your CC. thats what i always do. or order 1 round at a time! rather do that than end up with a ridiculous amount of charges from free loaders.

Old 08-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Hex.. I just read back thru some previous threads and such and see that some members of Team Transport had attended, or attempted, some of Izzy shin-digs.

If you are aware of any Transporter that was at this event and hosed you (knowingly or unwittingly) please let me know and the team will cover their portion of the expenses... and deal with them appropriately. I will not cover candidates, but this will speak volumes about them.

Here is a link to our current team roster:
http://www.teamtransport.org/members.html

-Ted

Old 08-27-2005, 02:12 PM
someone should start a new thread w/ a list. id be pissed too if that happened, esp when meeting for the first time, thats real wrong.

Old 08-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn... I feel for you dude. i've done the same thing... first one there, put down the card. actually just happened last weekend down in SD for a bachelor party. no one chipped in... yet. We'll all get it sorted out but it's happened to me before. In the end it'll work itself out but it's a punk move to not even find out whose tab it's going under and throw them a bill.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Ryan-You know it homie! Next time, if there is a next time, I will definitely make sure that I tell the server that I am the only one that can place an order on my tab. The only problem with last night is that I didn't know that it was all going on my card. I should have asked when I saw the food and the extra bottles of GG hit the table.

SCTed-I appreciate it bro. Unfortunately, I don't know who was who that was there last night except for Izzy and my friend. If I find out that anyone there was from TT, I will definitely let you know.

sdkingka-Yeah man, it is definitely wrong, not to mention that it is not a good impression to make for future meets/get togethers. I wouldn't want to be labled as a cheapskate or freeloader.

FrizzleFry-Sux to here that this happened to you too man. The really ****ed up part about it is that I had a really good time and damn were there a ton of fine *** girls there. But now instead of being able to come on G35driver.com and tell everyone what an awesome time I had and how everyone from the board is the ****, I have to come on the board and tell everyone that I basically got screwed by others from this board. Damn, I even hate to say that, but unfortunately it is true.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I have to come on the board and tell everyone that I basically got screwed by others from this board. Damn, I even hate to say that, but unfortunately it is true.

Hey man, you gotta tell it how it is. Im glad I didn't go....wouldn't want to hang around 2-faced people either...this is just amazing...but Im guessin what happened was since you were the first one there and the tab was already open...people already thought that everything coming to them was from Izzy and thats the reason they bounced (thinkin it would be takin care of)? Now if they left as the bill came in your name...thats another thing. I hope this doesnt turn out to be an expensive lesson for you and that these chumps eventually mail you a couple checks to make it a little easier on you.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:16 PM
lets see if people speak up. they are probably all still sleeping... (its still noon.) izzy is supposed to install my springs at 2:00 today, and he is not even getting his phone right now.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Hey man, you gotta tell it how it is. Im glad I didn't go....wouldn't want to hang around 2-faced people either...this is just amazing...but Im guessin what happened was since you were the first one there and the tab was already open...people already thought that everything coming to them was from Izzy and thats the reason they bounced (thinkin it would be takin care of)? Now if they left as the bill came in your name...thats another thing. I hope this doesnt turn out to be an expensive lesson for you and that these chumps eventually mail you a couple checks to make it a little easier on you.
All I can say is that this is definitely an expensive lesson learned and it will definitely NEVER happen again. The thing that blows my mind is that it went from a 4 way split of $187.50 each to a $600 charge on my card. I guess I am just a little bit different that I would never just assume that everything is taken care of. If I wasn't sure I would ask and even then I would offer to help pay. Especially if it is a crazy bill.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by sdkingka
lets see if people speak up. they are probably all still sleeping... (its still noon.) izzy is supposed to install my springs at 2:00 today, and he is not even getting his phone right now.
Yeah, he did mention that he was going to install your springs today. I got home at like 4am and woke up at like 7:30am. I was so pissed that I couldn't even sleep!

Old 08-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Future Sedan Freak
so when are we gonna go eat and drink? LMAO! just breaking the ice. but for sure im down, im torrance. but, no worries i will pay for my own and not leave you guys hanging.

hell, i'll pay for first round!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Izzy/others who went to Saddle Ranch:Please read!!