TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^Took my dealer about a week to receive my long-block after failing OC test and Corp approved replacement. Drove my G in the meantime. Took them 1.5 days to complete the swap.

What is their reason for the loooong delay on yours?

Old 11-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
Well first off im a 5at and I don't know anyone else that has gotten a replacement for OC like this

2nd it took 2 weeks to let them test and tear down my motor, 2 weeks for Corps to tell me yes or no on the replacement then a week and a half just to the the short block in and now its been 2 more weeks since then and its still not ready

So it sounds like my dealership is just slacking big time! And im sure that's just because they are not making money off me so im not their high priority
I was told next week if its not ready then ill be calling consumer affairs again to see if I can get some internal pressure to get shiit done

Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
I'd be calling consumer affairs now and mention you've been getting the run-around and still are. Mention also will be calling the BBB on the dealer for purposely delaying your warranty work well after approval and short-block received.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I am at 65K miles on my 05 coupe rev up.
I was fine on engine oil level with non synthetic oil..
Started using Castrol Synthetic oil last oil change.
I put 4.5K miles and I was planning to do an oil change this weekend so I checked the oil today.
It is BELOW the Low mark on the dip stick and the oil was BLACK.
I am taking it to Infiniti today!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buzzking
I am at 65K miles on my 05 coupe rev up.
I was fine on engine oil level with non synthetic oil..
Started using Castrol Synthetic oil last oil change.
I put 4.5K miles and I was planning to do an oil change this weekend so I checked the oil today.
It is BELOW the Low mark on the dip stick and the oil was BLACK.
I am taking it to Infiniti today!
Good luck

Old 11-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by ajm216
Good luck
UPDATE: I went in today and they confirmed the oil level was low. When I checked the oil level, it was TOO LOW for the dipstick to even get any oil on it.

They gave me an oil change without asking me. I had my own synthetic oil and filter that I bought waiting in the car but nope, they just used nissan synthetic blend, nissan filter, and charged me for it. I complained that I didn't get written consent to have the oil change done so they gave me a discount and I paid about $37.

I'll be back in 1,000 miles to see how low the oil level is.

I will be pushing my car very hard for the next 1K miles to ensure I get my new engine

For the longest time I thought I did not have the oil problem, but it finally hit me sometime between 65K and 68.5K which is what I am at right now.

I AM SO HAPPY I STILL HAVE WARRANTY!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
UPDATE: I went in today and they confirmed the oil level was low. When I checked the oil level, it was TOO LOW for the dipstick to even get any oil on it.

They gave me an oil change without asking me. I had my own synthetic oil and filter that I bought waiting in the car but nope, they just used nissan synthetic blend, nissan filter, and charged me for it. I complained that I didn't get written consent to have the oil change done so they gave me a discount and I paid about $37.

I'll be back in 1,000 miles to see how low the oil level is.

I will be pushing my car very hard for the next 1K miles to ensure I get my new engine

For the longest time I thought I did not have the oil problem, but it finally hit me sometime between 65K and 68.5K which is what I am at right now.

I AM SO HAPPY I STILL HAVE WARRANTY!
When I had my OC test done my car made it about 700 miles and the oil level was unreadable. I'm surprised that you made it into 65k with no issues. I purchased my car with 47k on it and I realized OC was present once I started driving it and checking the oil as I normally would.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 PM
When I had my OC test done my car made it about 700 miles and the oil level was unreadable. I'm surprised that you made it into 65k with no issues. I purchased my car with 47k on it and I realized OC was present once I started driving it and checking the oil as I normally would.
Wow.
So at what mileage did you get your engine replaced?

Old 11-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Wow.
So at what mileage did you get your engine replaced?
Around 50k-51k they put in a short block with no hassle.
The hassle came when I got the car back and it smelled like a damn oil rig.
Some H.A.M. (half assed mechanic) did the install and did not seal it correctly.
So it went back again to get resealed it appeared to be okay but when I started using the heat I noticed when not moving a burning oil smell was coming through the vents

Sooo she's back at the dealer as of last Thursday. They gave me a loaner and I told them keep it as long as you need to JUST GET IT RIGHT!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 PM
So High rev burns more oil?
So I should just high rev as much as I can for 1K miles for better chance of new engine?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 AM
So High rev burns more oil?
So I should just high rev as much as I can for 1K miles for better chance of new engine?
When my car was being tested for OC I intentionally shifted at higher RPMs than I normally would. With the engine in our cars and 6sp its easy to drive and keep RPM pretty low I just kept it higher than I normally would.

I was thinking last night that if it weren't for the internet Nissan/Infiniti could have really pulled with wool over a lot of eyes with the OC issue.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Around 50k-51k they put in a short block with no hassle.
The hassle came when I got the car back and it smelled like a damn oil rig.
Some H.A.M. (half assed mechanic) did the install and did not seal it correctly.
So it went back again to get resealed it appeared to be okay but when I started using the heat I noticed when not moving a burning oil smell was coming through the vents

Sooo she's back at the dealer as of last Thursday. They gave me a loaner and I told them keep it as long as you need to JUST GET IT RIGHT!!!
Well the dealer called they did an overhaul on the engine and the are going to monitor the oil so I'm to bring it back after 1000 miles.

I'll let you know how she is once I pick her up in a few hours.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
NGK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone getting or already had their swap done in Ohio? I'm about to get mine done here and a little worried about the stealership who's doing it... Cleveland area...

Old 11-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My car started making a weird chattering noise only when the car is cold, but it's when I start driving. Clutch pushed in or not, it makes the noise. It goes away after about 2mins of driving and then normal.

Checked my oil today and it's not even on the dip stick!!

I'm still under power train warranty. Going to go to Infiniti tommorow.

My MAIN concern is my mods. Did you guys have to deal with any BS for having mods?

I have a z-tube, mrev, & full cat back NISMO exhaust.

Should I take the mods off before taking it there, or I should be fine?

It's not easy to take the exhaust off without a lift.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
i would remove them to skip any possible issues, like if they do find something and know it was modified they might try and tell you its not warranty or something

BTW I GOT MY CAR BACK!!!! new short block in and she runs great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB