TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Just call a Nissan dealership parts dept or call the Infiniti parts dept and ask them how much the parts are. Don't tell them your car is there getting the motor replaced. And also ask your service advisor why there's a labor charge when the clutch and flywheel have to come off the crank anyways. I'd like to know what they say so let me know!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the price breakdown I got from another dealer:

pressure plate and disk
$541.40

flywheel
$1227

throw out bearing
$74.21

The dealer where my car is told me they can't guarantee just the clutch if they don't change the flywheel. So I told em to leave it as is. What a bunch of scammers!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Wow! U should tell them you're gonna call the BBB on their business practices.

They can clean the flywheel with a wire brush. It doesn't have to be replaced.

Did they tell u what the labor was for?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
OK before i started a new thread i wanted to see if someone on this thread could answer my questionS. I have a 2005 6mt with 35k on it and i have not had any signs of oil consumption (knock on wood). I was wondering if that makes me in the clear of if they develop the consumption problem later down the road. My second question is what extended warranties are there to buy for pre-owned g35s? And are they worth buying and should i? Just recently ive started worrying about the consumption problem and i guess im getting paranoid. I dont have any infiniti dealerships close by or id just run over there and ask them. And last question is still about warranty, if i dont get a warranty on my car and later down the road it does have consumption issues will i be screwed or what? I just want to be prepared for the worst.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by DGrantG

Man I was so furious that I forgot and just told em to put everything back as is lol. I'm just hoping that everything runs like it did before.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by DGrantG

Man I was so furious that I forgot and just told em to put everything back as it was. I'm just hoping that everything runs like it did before.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jgitt
OK before i started a new thread i wanted to see if someone on this thread could answer my questionS. I have a 2005 6mt with 35k on it and i have not had any signs of oil consumption (knock on wood). I was wondering if that makes me in the clear of if they develop the consumption problem later down the road. My second question is what extended warranties are there to buy for pre-owned g35s? And are they worth buying and should i? Just recently ive started worrying about the consumption problem and i guess im getting paranoid. I dont have any infiniti dealerships close by or id just run over there and ask them. And last question is still about warranty, if i dont get a warranty on my car and later down the road it does have consumption issues will i be screwed or what? I just want to be prepared for the worst.
I was in the same boat as you. If you don't have warranty and it happens to you , yes you will be screwed, or just keep filling up the car with oil.

I ran out of warranty also and ended up getting the Infiniti Elite warranty (practically good as the factory warranty). A Infiniti dealership in AZ is selling them dirt cheap. I got 2yr/24miles bumper to bumper for like almost $800.
Personally I wouldn't get any other warranty.
If you need the contact info for them, PM me.

I'm getting the oil consumption test done already too.

The following users liked this post:
jgitt (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 01:14 AM
UPDATE: I took in my car for the 1000 mile check for the oil consumption and the oil level was good.
They told me to come back at 2000 miles and then 3000 miles, etc.
At what miles did most of you fail the oil consumption test?

Keep in mind my one of my last oil changes barely had a quart of oil left.

I took off all my performance mods because I didn't want any crapp for having it. I've had the mods off for over 6 months now and am missing them. =/
I was wondering if I should ask my service rep if I can put my Nismo exhaust back on?

Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Acc
UPDATE: I took in my car for the 1000 mile check for the oil consumption and the oil level was good.
They told me to come back at 2000 miles and then 3000 miles, etc.
At what miles did most of you fail the oil consumption test?

Keep in mind my one of my last oil changes barely had a quart of oil left.

I took off all my performance mods because I didn't want any crapp for having it. I've had the mods off for over 6 months now and am missing them. =/
I was wondering if I should ask my service rep if I can put my Nismo exhaust back on?
1000 miles for me and i went in three times. my car was loosing 3 quarts at every thousand. I guess what they look for is consistency in oil burning. 6 months is a while.

If i were you i wouldn't even ask them about throwing aftermarket parts I'm sure they might try and use that against you.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:30 AM
I was in the same boat as you. If you don't have warranty and it happens to you , yes you will be screwed, or just keep filling up the car with oil.

I ran out of warranty also and ended up getting the Infiniti Elite warranty (practically good as the factory warranty). A Infiniti dealership in AZ is selling them dirt cheap. I got 2yr/24miles bumper to bumper for like almost $800.
Personally I wouldn't get any other warranty.
If you need the contact info for them, PM me.

I'm getting the oil consumption test done already too.
would that happen to be infiniti of scottsdale ? good prices and the elite warranty is awesome

Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by soniic11
would that happen to be infiniti of scottsdale ? good prices and the elite warranty is awesome
Yep it was from them, awesome deal!

I'll just see what happens in the next 1000 miles without the mods. =/

I wonder if my Nismo exhaust was causing the oil burning? I usually never had a problem with low oil until a couple of months after putting the exhaust on.

And now that the exhaust is off and 1000 miles later the oil level is fine. I don't get it.
I guess time will tell.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Yep it was from them, awesome deal!

I'll just see what happens in the next 1000 miles without the mods. =/

I wonder if my Nismo exhaust was causing the oil burning? I usually never had a problem with low oil until a couple of months after putting the exhaust on.

And now that the exhaust is off and 1000 miles later the oil level is fine. I don't get it.
I guess time will tell.
i highly doubt an exhaust would cause oil burning. yeah give it some time but don't forget to check your oil level.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by soniic11
i highly doubt an exhaust would cause oil burning. yeah give it some time but don't forget to check your oil level.
Agree...exhaust has nothing to do with the OC on these revups.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Sup guys, I believe I have an OC issue,

I bought the car in January, it had two owners, 74k miles when I purchased it. I did my first oil change when it reached the 3k mark; used Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic. At the first thousand miles from doing the oil change I noticed my dipstick was half full, didn't take it as a big issue; refilled it to full. It has now reached 80k miles. 1200 miles ago it had it's second oil change since my ownership. It was a complementary oil change at the dealer (they used their own 5w-30 synthetic blend and oem filter).

So this morning I check my dipstick, it again reads half full at 1200 miles.

My question is, how severe is my oil consumption?

My car is under warranty until 2015, or 110k miles.

Wouldn't want the dealership to try and play me as fool, so any input is of help.

Might I add my car is a 2006 6 speed coupe.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 AM
So I have an 05 G coupe with a revup motor in it and bought it used with 48k on it i did the first oil change my self roughly at 50k. With me doing my first oil change I dont have hard evidence other then checking the oil level thrusday which was a qt low after 1800 miles. After installing motordyne shockwave tdx2 and art pipes on the car on the car yesterday. I took it today on a cruise I could see blueish/ white smoke coming out of the rear end (a lot of it actually) and smell burning oil. I stopped and checked the oil and it again was a qt low from checking it thursday. I know the revups are plagued with the oil consumption issues and im out side my factory warranty and have an extended one. I still have the stock exhaust system should i take the motordyne stuff off and take the car to infiniti and have them investigate the issue with stock stuff or leave the motordyne stuff on?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB