TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Max_Powers
Thanks DGrantG and buzzking for the replies. Yea I'm expecting a short block regardless of what they say. Its good to hear that the rebuilt engines are doing well. The odometer reading won't change after the replacement right?

The Powertrain warranty covers the engine, which is 6 years from the date of the original purchase or 70k miles, whichever comes first; unless you have extended warranty.
Odometer reading will stay the same.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DGrantG
Naw the odometer doesn't change.

As for the warranty, they told me it was 6/60 for the power train.

I took my car in with 68k miles on it. If the warranty was 60k I would've been told to GTFO!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been through the WHOLE process of the OC Test, waiting for the order, getting a rental, and waiting for car to get a long block transplant at Cerritos Infiniti. If you guys have any questions on how my experience was PM me. I got my NEW long block at about 67k miles with premium extended warranty and couldn't be happier with the result. On a side note our cars can literally run on almost no oil lol !

Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by soniic11
I've been through the WHOLE process of the OC Test, waiting for the order, getting a rental, and waiting for car to get a long block transplant at Cerritos Infiniti. If you guys have any questions on how my experience was PM me. I got my NEW long block at about 67k miles with premium extended warranty and couldn't be happier with the result. On a side note our cars can literally run on almost no oil lol !
Nice.
Mine wouldn't give me a longblock
DOMO

Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Nothing like a fresh new engine! I did its 2nd oil change like 2 months ago! oil pan is spotless haha!

buzzking-did you ask why they didn't opt you for a longblock?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Nothing like a fresh new engine! I did its 2nd oil change like 2 months ago! oil pan is spotless haha!

buzzking-did you ask why they didn't opt you for a longblock?
Sure did.
I pushed really hard for them to get me a long block, but they said they HAVE to follow the TSB protocol which states to replace just the short block.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti stinks, can't wait to move to a location with a dealership with better service. I had to contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs just for them to replace my valve covers when I found oil in my spark plugs because they wanted to charge me $100+ even though I was supplying the spark plugs and had extended warranty. After I contacted Consumer Affairs the dealership offered to pay 50% of that cost and I had to fight even more to get it done for free.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by buzzking
Sure did.
I pushed really hard for them to get me a long block, but they said they HAVE to follow the TSB protocol which states to replace just the short block.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti stinks, can't wait to move to a location with a dealership with better service. I had to contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs just for them to replace my valve covers when I found oil in my spark plugs because they wanted to charge me $100+ even though I was supplying the spark plugs and had extended warranty. After I contacted Consumer Affairs the dealership offered to pay 50% of that cost and I had to fight even more to get it done for free.
TSB protocol is there way of bs'ing their customers. Kearny Mesa does sound a bit shady.Im sure with the extended warranty they are able to do the service at no cost. At Cerritos Infiniti i took my car 3 times for an OC test until i was able to get my long block and they kept my car for 2 weeks. In the end the whole process took about 6 months but the end result was great. Cerritos Infiniti

Old 04-17-2012, 04:46 PM
TSB protocol is there way of bs'ing their customers. Kearny Mesa does sound a bit shady.Im sure with the extended warranty they are able to do the service at no cost. At Cerritos Infiniti i took my car 3 times for an OC test until i was able to get my long block and they kept my car for 2 weeks. In the end the whole process took about 6 months but the end result was great. Cerritos Infiniti
The short block they did at no cost except for the $100 deductible because my extended warranty was transferred over from the previous owners and they chose the cheaper plan with a deductible.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by buzzking
The short block they did at no cost except for the $100 deductible because my extended warranty was transferred over from the previous owners and they chose the cheaper plan with a deductible.
Not too bad. Deductibles can be higher. As long as your car is running good, thats what matters.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Not too bad. Deductibles can be higher. As long as your car is running good, thats what matters.

My car's been at the dealer for about a week. They haven't heard anything from Infiniti yet on the replacement. They're saying it'll take about 10 days to get the engine and install it. In meantime I'm enjoying the G37x sedan lol.

They still haven't told me if it'll be a short block or long block. Shouldn't that be based on how bad the OC is?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Call em and tell them that it's unacceptable that it's taking so long for them to get approval! They didn't take my car until approval was given by Infiniti.

As for the short or long block. It should be the short block. They revised the tsb to only replace the short block. They must've figured out that it was the rings and not the valve stem seals that were causing the engine to burn oil. You should only be getting a short block.

Check some earlier posts and the newest tsb is attached.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Found out today that I'm getting a short block. I didn't argue cuz I didn't really have an argument lol.

I thought why not have my clutch replaced. The clutch is fine now but I thought I can save on labor since they probably take the transmission out. So they quoted me only $100 for the labor but $1600 for the part!!! Is the OEM clutch really that expensive?

Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Congrats on the short block. I got a short block also when they did my swap also and the OC problem is gone and I hope it stays gone.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Max_Powers
Found out today that I'm getting a short block. I didn't argue cuz I didn't really have an argument lol.

I thought why not have my clutch replaced. The clutch is fine now but I thought I can save on labor since they probably take the transmission out. So they quoted me only $100 for the labor but $1600 for the part!!! Is the OEM clutch really that expensive?
I paid $500 for parts only and didn't have to pay any labor. I think they're trying to get u. They have to take the clutch and flywheel off the crank anyways. Call nissan and get them to quote u the price of the clutch kit. Keep in mind that the kit doesn't include the throw out bearing or the alignment tool.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks ajm216.

Originally Posted by DGrantG
I paid $500 for parts only and didn't have to pay any labor. I think they're trying to get u. They have to take the clutch and flywheel off the crank anyways. Call nissan and get them to quote u the price of the clutch kit. Keep in mind that the kit doesn't include the throw out bearing or the alignment tool.

What number can I call for Nissan to get a quote for the clutch?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB