TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel86
I checked my oil level last night and I'm over a quart low for the recommended interval, but I want to do my own test before I demod and take it to the dealer. Would the type of oil matter? What I mean is, wouldn't synthetic burn off less quickly than dino since it offers greater protection, or is it mechanical defect not dependent on oil type? Stupid question, but I want to know before I drop more $$ on some Royal Purple.
royal purple burned off at a higher rate than mobil 1 5w-30. what was said earlier was correct. it really doesn't matter whether you use dino or synthetic. going by what was said on the internet, castrol GTX 5w-30 would be a good choice for dino oil. if you want a cheaper mainstream synthetic oil i've had good results with penzoil synthetic or mobil 1, whichever is on sale. next oil change i'm going to go with supertech brand synthetic oil and filter. oil is oil. regular maintenance is key.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSB revised - ITB08-002c dated 5/20/8

TSB has been updated to version xxxxxC

They added to the flow chart at the beginning with” Acceptable oil change history available?” and added a “YES” that skips steps 1-11. This means the owner can get an engine replacement on the first visit without having to go through the check dipstick and tell user to come back after 1000 miles. (That is if there is a history record of oil changes on file with the dealer, with OC tests and reading recorded). We all know especially with a lot of peeps today that the dealer has been calling NNA for approval of the engine replacement when the TSB states “order replacement engine”.

Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
So with my lesson learned and watched my G this last time, my consumption finally qualified me and Infiniti approved me for my V2 today.
Hey (06CPV35)^, what a coincidence that the TSB revision was released the same day (5/20/8) you got approved for a replacement engine.

Makes you wonder, that they could not jerk you any longer.

-Curtis

Here is the revised TSB version “C” released 5/20/8

ITB08-002c.pdf

The only thing amended in the revised 350Z TSB NTB07-088c is the part number for the oil filter, it was changed. It was the wrong part # all along.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 05-25-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no problem doing these engines under warranty at my dealer. As the shop foreman I do them myself to make sure they are right. As for having to call it in to get approval, when the cost of a warranty repair exceeds a set dollar amount (varies from dealer to dealer) the claims center has to be called to get approval. As for mods, I actually called my rep and short of nitrous or turbo he was ok with them. The key is to go and talk to the dealer and if you have headers you want installed, pay 50 bucks or so and have them put them on while the engine is out of the car. A good dealer will also put in a new cltuch as the thing has to be swapped from old block to new one.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by ZeeForce
...Hey (06CPV35)^, what a coincidence that the TSB revision was released the same day (5/20/8) you got approved for a replacement engine.

Makes you wonder, that they could not jerk you any longer....
Yes interesting, but no matter anymore.

Good to hear there are dealerships out there that have ethics as post above unlike mine.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by PatZX300
I have no problem doing these engines under warranty at my dealer. As the shop foreman I do them myself to make sure they are right....
Good to hear you have no problem with that and not all dealers have the same ethics as mine do. The customers that go to you are very fortunate to say the least in that respect.

However, it was the master head mechanic in charge of reading level on all OC testing that lied to my face when I asked if I was topped off prior to official reading. That couldn't happen again with me watching second time returning. If I hadn't know the details in that TSB, I wouldn't of known I had the right to request the test to continue from that day as found full on OC test result. Good thing I knew that. Won't even talk about the official documentation in Infiniti's database that was created with being played like that after that first follow-up visit. It's water under the bridge now. Just hope they do the swap correctly and carefully.

Thanks for the insight about mods and clutch. In your opinion should I be concerned of my clutch condition with only ~28K on it? I know how to use a clutch (30+ years experience) and have never abused it harshly. Seems the same as day one new.
Your input respectfully appreciated.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone have the link to the tsb for the 350z? my friend has an 07 touring 6mt and is taking it to the dealer to start his oc testing but the first dealer he took it to was a complete *** and acted like they had no idea about it so i was gonna print it out FOR them just to prove a point that WE "the customer" aren't stupid. . . thanks! oh and my new revup v2 should be at my infiniti dealer in a few days thanks to this site and a GREAT service department.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:56 PM
6MT Coupe
^ Courtesy of ZeeForce from my350Z:

http://my350z.com/forum/attachment.p...7&d=1211684296
But TSB doesn't cover 2007's. Wow...HR block with OC? Hmmm.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
But TSB doesn't cover 2007's.
Thanks, I did not see this at first, in your post. I was going to say the same thing.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey guys,

Where do I find the part number of the motor? I just got my new VQ and was wondering which model I got...

TIA,
B

Old 05-29-2008, 01:12 PM
6MT Coupe
^ Don't think 'part' number is stamped on VQ. Serial number is, which I looked at before swap. SN is not the same as PN.
Paper label on box and/or taped on valve cover I think has PN, of which I forgot to look at on mine
Work order will state PN that should end in M9.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks I'll check it out....FYI, my dealer gave me another non-revup to replace my OC non-revup. Wonder if it's the same part number as before.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:23 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by shdowflare
Thanks I'll check it out....FYI, my dealer gave me another non-revup to replace my OC non-revup. Wonder if it's the same part number as before.
Interesting...lets us know what PN you got this time for your non rev-up.
I know first version rev-up replacement PN's were: 10102-AC7M1 and deemed mostly a failure with OC issue.
Then version 2 replacements started ~ May/June 2007 to current being 10102-AC7M9.

-edit-
Mines in surgery now

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 05-29-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Mine just came out of surgery this morning with the new engine (P/N 10102-AC7M9). To my surprise they put the old plugs back in. I ordered some new ones and I'll install those and the MREV and spacer that have been sitting in my garage for the past two months. Now I just have to break the engine in hope this new engine cures the problem. I'm going to look at my cats and 02 sensors to see if they are fouled up from the oil blow by.

That's cool about Rev C on the TSB. Luckily the guy who owned my car before me serviced it at an Infiniti dealership and his first three oil changes were noted 3.5 qts low each. I was approved prior to this new revision. It's a good thing that Nissan is stepping up and doing something about this issue. I am a huge Porsche fan and when I was picking my car up from the dealership there was a guy there with a Cayanne Turbo that was complaining about having to put 2 quarts in his car in the last 1000 miles. The tech said, "That normal with Porsche's". I don't think the tech knew what he was talking about. They were going to look into it.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Here's the part number for my new non-revup on the work invoice:

10102-AM8M1

They also replaced the bracket/engine harness and belts at the same time....keeping my fingers crossed with this engine!

-B

Old 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by shdowflare
Here's the part number for my new non-revup on the work invoice:

10102-AM8M1

They also replaced the bracket/engine harness and belts at the same time....keeping my fingers crossed with this engine!

-B
Hey...good stuff thanx for that. Always wondered what the non rev-up number was.
Hope it proves no more OC for you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB