TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unless my parents have taken it for an oil change it hasnt had one since I owned it. But I'm pretty sure the guy I bought it from did all his at the Infiniti they are taking it too. Like I said I only drove it for 10 days.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 350GT_Enthusias
yeah. i'm the 2nd owner, but they're taking it to the same infiniti dealer where the guy I bought it from got his car serviced regularly. So they should have some records of the VIN. regardless I found the 3rd version of the TSB on infinitihelp and downloaded it.
if he changed the oil at that dealer and they have records then your kinda ok. they might bitch about the mods though.

so your folks going to the dealer? if you where here you should go w/ your army uniform on. coz some dealerships are a PITA to deal with

Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i think the best thing to do is play dumb, if u seem like u know whats wrong they may acuse u of beating on it...i was just like um my oil is low and an hour later they were like we ordered you a new engine..lol

one time in my rsx i broke 2nd gear at 9000 miles and i just acted like i had no idea how it happened and they just sorta glarred at me and said they would cover it this time..lol..good faith warranty...this was a little different since i didn't cause the car to burn oil...most of it was just highway driving

Old 09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I bought the car in june. drove it for about 10 days, and its ben started and driven around the block since then, once weekly.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
where can i get the current TSB? My parents are driving the car to Nashville Infiniti to see what they say this weekend. I'd like for them to have it in hand when they go.
...regardless I found the 3rd version of the TSB on infinitihelp and downloaded it.
I've randomly posted many times current TSB here in pdf, but sounds like you found it over there. Good deal and where I go as well

Originally Posted by DoubleA
Does anyone know what the percentage of fail rate is overall?
Not officially and probably never will be public info, but must be high enough for Nissan/Infiniti to generate an official TSB. 350Z's with revups have a TSB too.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh trust me, my father is a retired Drill Sgt. from the army. he knows how to be firm and how to get rowdy. should be interesting

Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Princess_Jen
If you play dumb they will try to make a dumb*** out of you and tell you that you have no oil change records and you have mods. This is all your FAULT!! Blah blah..

The best thing to do is go in with all your information straight. Slap the TSB on the table. Be like this is an 05 and I need a loaner while you put in a new engine. When can I come pick it up. Be firm and know what your talking about. If necessary -->
i think the advantage i had is that I bought the car from them 2400 miles ago so they can't say i didnt change my oil or w/e

Old 09-23-2009, 03:33 PM
my car has FAR less than 3000 miles on it since I bought it and the guy I bought it from said he just had the oil changed. So we will see what happens

Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^Being your dealer is already a jerk (recall or go home), maybe try a different dealer. IMO, go back to stock airbox, remove spacer and play dumb only about that. Less for them to grab onto and make a BS excuse.

Regardless what dealer you go to, tell your Dad not to let your G out of his sight. Some overfill at start of testing and/or top off oil on return test trip then take official reading. My story/experience in a nutshell.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
^+1 dont let it out of sight esp when the hood is up

Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
let me elaborate on play dumb...i mean try playing dumb at first so they don't think you are an "enthusiest", but if that doesn't work break out all the info you have and start giving them a hard time like you said, I'm just saying not to start off that way, although when dealing with a modded car the whole thing changed

one time i was trying to get my celica gt-s tranny warrantied by toyota and i was wearing a Nike performance sweat shirt and the guy was like " i see your shirt says performance on it" then he immediatly realized how stupid what he just said was and they fixed my tranny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB