Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I wonder if Hypertech will have the ability to dyno tune as well

Old 08-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
I wonder if Hypertech will have the ability to dyno tune as well
I am not sure. I don't think they offer that service for other vehicles they cover, but maybe it's something that they can work on? If you want to ask, I can give you an e-mail to use.

By the way, how hard was the E-Fan conversion? Have you ever taken your car to the track? You have a nice mod list.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I really hope this all works out. It would be great to have another programmer on the market. It's also good to see a company giving early 03 owners the time of day with this.

I do wish Hypertech would let you increase the rev limiter like Technosquare does. Hypertech also doesn't mention if they change throttle response, another thing TS does with their flash. I guess I'll need to stick with the TS flash because I want the extended limiter (7000rpms) for the strip when I'm running my short 24" drag radials and 3.54 gear set. I also want a more responsive throttle. I know Jeff has been really happy with his TS flash. It just sucks that you have to ship out the ECU.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I really hope this all works out. It would be great to have another programmer on the market. It's also good to see a company giving early 03 owners the time of day with this.

I do wish Hypertech would let you increase the rev limiter like Technosquare does. Hypertech also doesn't mention if they change throttle response, another thing TS does with their flash. I guess I'll need to stick with the TS flash because I want the extended limiter (7000rpms) for the strip when I'm running my short 24" drag radials and 3.54 gear set. I also want a more responsive throttle. I know Jeff has been really happy with his TS flash. It just sucks that you have to ship out the ECU.
Hmmm, I thought that it did let you extend the rev limiter? Maybe I'm wrong. I guess I'll have to find out! I know it lets you do it on the Titans.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 03BaseSedan
Hmmm, I thought that it did let you extend the rev limiter? Maybe I'm wrong. I guess I'll have to find out! I know it lets you do it on the Titans.

They let you manipulate the rev limiter, but only in 500rpm increments BELOW the factory limiter. They won't let you increase it at least that's what it says on their site.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
They let you manipulate the rev limiter, but only in 500rpm increments BELOW the factory limiter. They won't let you increase it at least that's what it says on their site.
Are you referring to this?

Adjustable Features
* Rev Limit -500 to 0 RPM

Yeah, I agree that this is sort of dumb. I'll be sure to post up my impressions when this is all said and done. I got the unit are around the price of a L-Spec flash, if not less, so I'll take the lack of an adjustable rev limiter.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I am not sure. I don't think they offer that service for other vehicles they cover, but maybe it's something that they can work on? If you want to ask, I can give you an e-mail to use.

By the way, how hard was the E-Fan conversion? Have you ever taken your car to the track? You have a nice mod list.
E-fan conversion is not that difficult. Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

I haven't taken my car to the track. I don't have a lot of time. Hopefully soon I'll get more free time and I'll have a chance to take it to the track. Til then, I just enjoy driving and changing things.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
updates?

Old 08-26-2010, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
updates?
I called on Monday, and they said it would take 3-4 days, so I'm calling back on Friday. They had my calibration settings last Thursday, but I'm assuming my specific G35 project isn't the top priority.

We'll see if I get a call tomorrow.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
The calibration should finally be good to go on Monday.

Hypertech said that they can code the unite to deal with the missing OBDII pin, but that would take a couple weeks, so I am going to use the UpRev method (moving pin 3, or was it 4?, to pin slot 14) so that I can get the programmer working on Monday.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Sorry it has taken so long to update. I do not have a working computer anymore.

This past week I found out that a couple of the fuel maps were different on my ECU compared to the later ECU cars. As a result, calibration was sent back to R&D and tuning. Once the difference in the maps is accounted for, they will likely make the calibration available.

This could be ready on Wednesday, or it could be done in a couple of weeks.

This is taking a very long time, but I was to see it through to the end. I'll make an update if anything is different after I call Hypertech on Wednesday.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Red Card Crew

Might be easier to find a boneyard doggy door ecu and send that to them to fiddle with?

Old 09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Sorry it has taken so long to update. I do not have a working computer anymore.

This past week I found out that a couple of the fuel maps were different on my ECU compared to the later ECU cars. As a result, calibration was sent back to R&D and tuning. Once the difference in the maps is accounted for, they will likely make the calibration available.

This could be ready on Wednesday, or it could be done in a couple of weeks.

This is taking a very long time, but I was to see it through to the end. I'll make an update if anything is different after I call Hypertech on Wednesday.
I think that most of us expected this. I have lost my optimism for the early 2003 ECU. That said, I hope it does happen for the early 2003 guys.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:59 PM
This is an excerpt from an e-mail I received today:

"We are still working on your calibration. After reviewing the
calibration file in your car, there are some minor adjustments that need
to be made to the tuning. We are working on that now, and I should know
more about how long it will take to complete by tomorrow.

Sorry for the delays, but we want to get it right, and sometimes there
are differences in the OE calibrations that we can't account for until
we can get the actual calibration. I'll email or call you tomorrow
afternoon with an update."

Hope that clears things up a little.

I too have lost hope for the early 2003 G35 in general (I've been driving too many HR motor cars lately). It is very difficult to get any sort of good tuning solution, but Hypertech wants to see this through to the end, and I'll be elated when I can finally get their tune on my car.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Red Card Crew

Can you ask them if they are willing to tackle altering the auto tranny TCM settings also? ie.. shift points, line pressure etc..?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Early 03 Sedan, Bought Hypertech, EARLY ECU GUYS, TAKE A LOOK