UTEC by Turbo XS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clokwork
how many ponies would this give a stock/near stock vehicle??
I think Jermaine got like 13whp on a stock car..

Last edited by Julian; 10-21-2005 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey...where did my sponsor tag go??

Old 10-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Cmon Son!
but I thought the test pipe/intake car only got 12-13?? just curious from the first post.

Old 10-21-2005, 12:45 PM
but I thought the test pipe/intake car only got 12-13?? just curious from the first post.
Then why would you ask a question you already knew the answer to? That was a Typo..I believe he got 19whp after adding test pipes,Ill try and find the exact breakdown of the dyno and mods he posted.Just remember,peak HP is not the only thing that counts,its usable HP..
PS where did my paid sponsor tag go??I just paid Kyle last night and had the tag up this morning?

Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Do you know for a FACT that the UTEC fits the G35??

Old 10-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Beta99
Do you know for a FACT that the UTEC fits the G35??
The only issue I could see is the mounting being a bit different.Other than that it is the exact same unit and will function the same way.Based on the numerous G35 APS installs we have done the mounting "SHOULD" be exactly the same,since the harness is identicle.

Old 10-21-2005, 06:33 PM
And this one is on me!

I think MRC needs to have another mini meet to debut this thang! What do you guys say? How long does the install take. Perhaps I can donate my G for a before and after dyno demo???

I am def intersted as I believe Jason was telling me about it when I ordered the JWT clutch/flywheel from you guys.

Can this in any way harm the motor? If a base map that is included doesn't tune it perfectly, how difficult is it to tune it to the car?

Thanks!

Old 10-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
And this one is on me!

I think MRC needs to have another mini meet to debut this thang! What do you guys say? How long does the install take. Perhaps I can donate my G for a before and after dyno demo???

I am def intersted as I believe Jason was telling me about it when I ordered the JWT clutch/flywheel from you guys.

Can this in any way harm the motor? If a base map that is included doesn't tune it perfectly, how difficult is it to tune it to the car?

Thanks!
Hmmm..Sounds like a plan,if its not to cold in November we might be able to swing it..You guys rolled DEEP at the last meet!!Were currently building a
+500 whp APS TT G35 full build bottom end and plan on running the UTEC for ECM on it.Should be interesting!!Were alwat looking for some test mules..lol give me a call at the shop one day or AIM me..
well discuss something!
Install by a novice should take 10 minutes tops.The base maps it will come with should extract some nice power from your mods,however custom tweaking can always yeild some more ponies!!Its so easy to tune any experienced tuner could master it in minutes!

Last edited by Julian; 10-21-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Cmon Son!
Hey, if you guys could appear at a national G Club meet, I could guarantee you at least twenty cars to show up. Nothing like free advertisement minus the trip.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey, if you guys could appear at a national G Club meet, I could guarantee you at least twenty cars to show up. Nothing like free advertisement minus the trip.
Where and when?

Old 10-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Cmon Son!
with an answer like that, you have me in the calendar right now planning an event. give me a coupe days

Old 10-21-2005, 07:27 PM
with an answer like that, you have me in the calendar right now planning an event. give me a coupe days
Well I will actually be in Gaitherburg Maryland thiss week picking up my Z that was fitted with the prototype UTEC..Maybee we could plan a meet at Turbo XS!!

Old 10-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by daking350z
Hmmm..Sounds like a plan,if its not to cold in November we might be able to swing it..You guys rolled DEEP at the last meet!!Were currently building a
+500 whp APS TT G35 full build bottom end and plan on running the UTEC for ECM on it.Should be interesting!!Were alwat looking for some test mules..lol give me a call at the shop one day or AIM me..
well discuss something!
Install by a novice should take 10 minutes tops.The base maps it will come with should extract some nice power from your mods,however custom tweaking can always yeild some more ponies!!Its so easy to tune any experienced tuner could master it in minutes!
My biggest concern is possible damage to the motor. The reason I am not going FI at this time is because I don't have the funds to build a motor first class from the ground up. My whole thing is go big or go home and that money is being put towards a house. That being said, a guy and his G still have to have some fun, so I think the UTEC coul dbe my last lil bolt on that could tie everything together.

I think a bunch of us are trying to get an ETOWN meet going before they close, so maybe we can organize a half day race/half day MRC meet?

The UTEC def sounds interesting but for 1K 10-13HP is kinda iffy but if I can squeek out closer to 20 to the wheel with the mods and still be safe, then it sounds like a no brainer!

Old 10-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by daking350z
Well I will actually be in Gaitherburg Maryland thiss week picking up my Z that was fitted with the prototype UTEC..Maybee we could plan a meet at Turbo XS!!
That sounds like a possible plan. I will share that in the club forum. thanks for that.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
My biggest concern is possible damage to the motor. The reason I am not going FI at this time is because I don't have the funds to build a motor first class from the ground up. My whole thing is go big or go home and that money is being put towards a house. That being said, a guy and his G still have to have some fun, so I think the UTEC coul dbe my last lil bolt on that could tie everything together.

I think a bunch of us are trying to get an ETOWN meet going before they close, so maybe we can organize a half day race/half day MRC meet?

The UTEC def sounds interesting but for 1K 10-13HP is kinda iffy but if I can squeek out closer to 20 to the wheel with the mods and still be safe, then it sounds like a no brainer!
Here is Jermaine's dyno on his 350Z, with only Test pipes,CAI and an APS plenum he achieved 275 WHP. This was on a load based Dynapack. I dyno'd 417 whp on a dyna jet and only 400 whp on Jermaine's Dynapack just for reference.
as far as engine safety,anytime you mod you increase the chance of failure.However when you put on a bunch of breathing mods with no way of adding fuel back in or pulling timing,you increase the chance of detonation.
Ps these dynos are on a STOCK Z exhaust!!!

Last edited by Julian; 01-14-2006 at 11:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UTEC by Turbo XS