UTEC by Turbo XS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
It will..Trust me...
I am very interest in the Utec, especially it is make for NA setup. My G is a daily drive, what would UTEC does to gas consumption, I assume it will drink more gas depend on each setup right?

Old 11-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by rocka_fellow
I am very interest in the Utec, especially it is make for NA setup. My G is a daily drive, what would UTEC does to gas consumption, I assume it will drink more gas depend on each setup right?
Any time you increase your HP you use more gas..

Old 11-19-2005, 03:05 AM
i have a Z-tube, Popcharger, 3/8" Plenum Spacer, TopSpeed Headers, Crawford Cats, Fujitsubo Y-pipe, and Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust (basically almost all breathing mods)

last time my car rolled onto a dyno (April) it turned a PITIFUL 230ish (stock 6MT with K&N filter got higher than me). at that time i had everything above except the spacer and the Legalis-R. i know the 5AT saps alot of power, but i didn't think that much. he was having trouble getting a good run with my car, so maybe operator error... but my AFR was off though also, like 14.2ish

think the UTEC would help me make the kind of power that i should be?

Last edited by SI_G35Coupe; 11-19-2005 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by SI_G35Coupe
i have a Z-tube, Popcharger, 3/8" Plenum Spacer, TopSpeed Headers, Crawford Cats, Fujitsubo Y-pipe, and Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust (basically almost all breathing mods)

last time my car rolled onto a dyno (April) it turned a PITIFUL 230ish (stock 6MT with K&N filter got higher than me). at that time i had everything above except the spacer and the Legalis-R. i know the 5AT saps alot of power, but i didn't think that much. he was having trouble getting a good run with my car, so maybe operator error... but my AFR was off though also, like 14.2ish

yes, your running pretty lean even for a N/A car,you need to add more fuel with all that air to get the gains you should be getting.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by SI_G35Coupe

Hmmm who was the stock 6MT coupe??? LOL Sounds like a GSQUAD group buy is in the near future?

Old 11-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Any time you increase your HP you use more gas..
how is the UTEC compare to the TS Flash

Old 11-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Hmmm who was the stock 6MT coupe??? LOL Sounds like a GSQUAD group buy is in the near future?
i guess i'm down... i gotta get that AFR under control... get the ball rollin drew

Old 11-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by rocka_fellow
how is the UTEC compare to the TS Flash
Thats comparing apples to oranges.The UTEC gives the end user FULL control over all your engines parameters,whereas a reflash you get what they send you and thats that..
Here is an example of a data log using the UTEC and Tuner pro I did the other night.Look at all the parameters it monitors.

Last edited by Julian; 11-21-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 PM
this may seem off base, but why are you charging so much? i accidently saw this on another website before this one (i wasn't even looking for the utec, didn't know it was out yet), and they are charging $60 less. I figured being a sponsor on this site, you'd be able to compete for the 'local' customers a little better.

please correct me if i am way off.

by the way, i'm not trying to take your business away which is why i did not specify which website in public... if you're curious, pm me.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:39 PM
last time I talked to TurboXS the 350 UTEC does not "fit" meaning you need to find an alternative mounting location for the unit. Has this changed?

looks like no...FYI (but looks like the guys there are coming up with a solution) PS I'm local so I could stop by.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/75384-utec-inside.html

Last edited by dragula; 11-22-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by dragula
last time I talked to TurboXS the 350 UTEC does not "fit" meaning you need to find an alternative mounting location for the unit. Has this changed?

looks like no...FYI (but looks like the guys there are coming up with a solution) PS I'm local so I could stop by.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75384
That is correct,We are in the process of devising a custom mounting bracket.It is a tight fit.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by jasperg35
this may seem off base, but why are you charging so much? i accidently saw this on another website before this one (i wasn't even looking for the utec, didn't know it was out yet), and they are charging $60 less. I figured being a sponsor on this site, you'd be able to compete for the 'local' customers a little better.

please correct me if i am way off.

by the way, i'm not trying to take your business away which is why i did not specify which website in public... if you're curious, pm me.
List price is $1049 USD, our price is $945.Authorized UTEC dealers are not allowed to go below 10%off MSRP. How can a website advertise what they do not have?We have allocated a good majority of the first 25 units being shipped.
The dealer you refer to, is not an authorized UTEC dealer and will be unable to source 350Z UTECS for quite some time,trust me. Also there may be warranty issues and lack of tech support if you buy from a non-authorized Turbo XS dealer.Currently there are only about 3 dealers in the country that will be recieving the first shipments of UTECs.

Last edited by Julian; 11-22-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:02 AM
not only is it $889, but it has free shipping and no tax for me. (cali dealer)

Old 11-23-2005, 12:28 PM
List price is $1049 USD, our price is $945.Authorized UTEC dealers are not allowed to go below 10%off MSRP. How can a website advertise what they do not have?We have allocated a good majority of the first 25 units being shipped.
The dealer you refer to, is not an authorized UTEC dealer and will be unable to source 350Z UTECS for quite some time,trust me. Also there may be warranty issues and lack of tech support if you buy from a non-authorized Turbo XS dealer.Currently there are only about 3 dealers in the country that will be recieving the first shipments of UTECs.
I am in the same boat as SI_G35Coupe, my numbers were a bit above embarassing: https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno/75747-04-g35-coupe-5at-dyno-numbers-mods-question.html. I am running pretty lean myself, and with all my mods I am in need of a reflash or UTEC to give me that extra power.

When can this be purchased? How much for you guys to tune it when purchased through you? Lastly, can a possible group buy be setup for these?

You got my attention, UTEC seems to offer more benefits over a reflash (only my opinion from what I am reading, no solid facts behind that claim).

Old 11-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by crypten
I am in the same boat as SI_G35Coupe, my numbers were a bit above embarassing: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75747. I am running pretty lean myself, and with all my mods I am in need of a reflash or UTEC to give me that extra power.

When can this be purchased? How much for you guys to tune it when purchased through you? Lastly, can a possible group buy be setup for these?

You got my attention, UTEC seems to offer more benefits over a reflash (only my opinion from what I am reading, no solid facts behind that claim).
Turbo XS does not allow group buys,any of their products purchased in a group buy will carry no warranty and tech support.I do not make the rules so do not kill the messenger. You can purchase it now through us via online or phone orders. I would love to give futher discounts but its just not allowed by TX.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UTEC by Turbo XS