04 G35 Coupe 5AT Dyno Numbers with mods and question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it is worth, here is my recent 5AT dyno with K & N, Headers, Crawford Plenum, 10 Wire Grounding, Samco Intake Tube.

233 HP, 213 TQ

Attached Thumbnails 04 G35 Coupe 5AT Dyno Numbers with mods and question-dyno-run-112205.jpg  
Old 11-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by FLFIRE
For what it is worth, here is my recent 5AT dyno with K & N, Headers, Crawford Plenum, 10 Wire Grounding, Samco Intake Tube.

233 HP, 213 TQ

Hrmmmm, about the same as me, so far that's three 5AT's (mine 04, SI_G35Coupe 04, FLFIRE 0?) with around the same numbers with more or less the same mods (only difference between me and you FLFIRE is aftermarket exhaust, MD spacer, test pipes). Is this what we should expect from the 5AT with these mods? FLFIRE, did you expect more on the dyno considering the mods you had?, Did anyone suggest possible changes you should make?

Now I am curious, anyone else that is 5AT 03/04/05 please post up dyno sheets for comparison. The more mods, the better for comparison, also I call upon 5AT with mods that have reflashed too, did you notice a change on the dyno? Before and after dyno sheets please after reflash with mods.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by crypten
Is this what we should expect from the 5AT with these mods? FLFIRE, did you expect more on the dyno considering the mods you had?, Did anyone suggest possible changes you should make?
Most stock 5AT's I have seen run in the high teens to low twenty's for HP on a dynojet. So, I am ok with where I am at. (Would like to see more TQ.)

I did this dyno to see a before/after with Crawford Cats. I am getting those installed in the next week and then I will redyno for an after.

Other than going F/I, which I don't want, and the y-pipe/exhaust and pulleys, there is not a whole lot else left bolt-on wise. I am not comfortable doing a reflash with the warranty and the TS results have not been worth the $$ based on the threads I have seen here. The Utec maybe an interesting option. Will have to wait and see on that one.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crypten,
I think it's a little too early to worry about your dyno results just yet. Use the dyno as a tool, or information source. However, do *not* compare your dyno to anyone else's dyno. The only way those comparisons are really valid is if the others against which you are comparing ran on the same dyno in similar conditions.

I know a guy locally that had went to two different dynos within a few weeks. The car remained unchanged. Both dynos were Dynojets. One reported roughly +20hp peak more than the other.

Just my $0.02.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by myGspot
He is runing auto tranny, he wont be able to raise the rev limiter. He will run into problems with tranny computer not knowing what to do.
the rev limit has nothing to do with the TCU (transmission control unit). when the car is in drive the TCU will still shift at the same pre-defined shift points. however, when in MM mode, you can ride it alittle higher. (where the TS/AAM L-Spec reflash really comes in handy is when 5AT guys go FI, as the revs climb too fast for the TCU to react and shift without you bouncing off the rev limiter)

as for the fuel situation... i plan on using the TurboXS UTEC to add the proper amount of fuel back into the AFR, which should produce some solid gains since i am running lean at around 14.2. a reflash, IMO, is only a valid option if you live near either TS or AAM, as i don't particularly want to mail my ECU back and forth repeatedly everytime i do a mod... rather get the UTEC for like $400 more and be able to retune as necessary.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:53 PM
I told ya my specs of 236 wrhp and 221 tq max for only the utr carbon fiber g tube and grounding wires. Im traveling now, and I have the dyno sheet at my apartment. I just put on crawford cats, and I expect to dyno in about 2 weeks after I reset the ECU.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Crypten,
I think it's a little too early to worry about your dyno results just yet. Use the dyno as a tool, or information source. However, do *not* compare your dyno to anyone else's dyno. The only way those comparisons are really valid is if the others against which you are comparing ran on the same dyno in similar conditions.
I understand all the factors that come into play when comparing dyno results with other cars, even stock on the same dyno their could be differences (those infamous from factory speed demons over the from factory grandma mobiles ).

Originally Posted by FLFIRE
Most stock 5AT's I have seen run in the high teens to low twenty's for HP on a dynojet. So, I am ok with where I am at. (Would like to see more TQ.)

I did this dyno to see a before/after with Crawford Cats. I am getting those installed in the next week and then I will redyno for an after.
I do however have several other G's to compare to at the exact same dyno on the exact same day I was there. One member on this forum that was present had an 04 6MT stock I believe that dynoed around 12hp less, torque was the same. I guess that the 5AT's dyno around 210-220whp average, which I wasn't aware (surprised actually) . An 06 6MT 350z with mods (bolt-on's) dynoed within a few ponies of me, make sense?, I would have expected more, not much more, but more than me at least (250ish at least before tune?). Repost your dyno results after the cats, I would be curious.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:59 AM
FLFIRE, why does your torque – power curve cross each other at 5900 RPM?

Crypten, 2 other dyno results (that I am aware of) from the same meet were posted here on this site: Glex25 (https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=70343&page=13) 05MT and mine (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/75612-1st-dyno.html) 04MT
There was also AT guy there with only Invidia, if I remembered correctly, that run 215 HP? What I noticed was we all had 14+ AF, perhaps we should subtract 1 ratio for this dyno machine? UTEC sound nice but $1K+ might be too much for me.

Glex25, I’ll be there again (to check out cats) also on 3rd and would like to hear your HKS, please PM me what time you’ll be there. Thanks

Old 11-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by dovla
FLFIRE, why does your torque – power curve cross each other at 5900 RPM?

It is a new super mod no one knows about. or maybe

Great catch. I have no earthly idea why. On my paper print out it crosses at the 5250 but when I pull it up on winpep . . .

Old 11-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
The scales are different for HP and TQ.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by dovla
Crypten, 2 other dyno results (that I am aware of) from the same meet were posted here on this site: Glex25 (https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=70343&page=13) 05MT and mine (https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75612) 04MT
There was also AT guy there with only Invidia, if I remembered correctly, that run 215 HP? What I noticed was we all had 14+ AF, perhaps we should subtract 1 ratio for this dyno machine? UTEC sound nice but $1K+ might be too much for me.
The guy with the Invidia was Frostydc4, I believe he dyoned lower, 212ish?, which was surprising to me. You could be right about subtracting the 1 from the dyno on the A/F ratio, didn't seem right.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Thats really weird I dyno'd my 05 5at this weekend bone stock and got 234 RWHP. I am adding pop charger/ztube, 5/16 spacer, and grounding kit soon. Watch I will re dyno my car and get like 235 RWHP lol. Ill be angry if that happens.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:08 AM
THE BATMOBILE
should def look into UTEC.........ask tinman for questions about reflash ECU with auto