Navigation Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drsleeper
I think my dad still has our Apple 2E...damn what an incredible computer for the early 80's.
haha.....oh yeah!!.....Oregon Trail

Old 11-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav map differences ??

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what updates navteq may have made in the new maps they're selling and if you guys have found it worthwhile upgrade for the money. I currently have an 08 G35XS with and nav says I have 07 -08 map installed.

Further I have found on some addresses with my current version it tells me I've arrived but the actual address is about 1/2 block further down the road. So I'm also wondering would software/map upgrade correct this type of issue or is this something the dealer can adjust for me?

Thanks,

Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by treacherous
I still have my TI-994A from '81 in some box somewhere. It still works IIRC.
Complete with the basic cartridge?

Actually with its 31 different cookie cutter type screen masks, probably one of the most advance graphic systems of its time.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by rhampar
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what updates navteq may have made in the new maps they're selling and if you guys have found it worthwhile upgrade for the money. I currently have an 08 G35XS with and nav says I have 07 -08 map installed.

Further I have found on some addresses with my current version it tells me I've arrived but the actual address is about 1/2 block further down the road. So I'm also wondering would software/map upgrade correct this type of issue or is this something the dealer can adjust for me?

Thanks,
I probably have the same map as you do. In my area the map was out of date by almost two years when I purchased the car. I believe Infiniti should provide at least one or two updates instead of us having to pay $195 for the download and possibly another 50 to a hundred for it to be installed. Especially since one still doesn't know how updated it actually will be. I have been thinking of taking a new one out for a test drive just to see.

What I really find funny is if you follow directions on I5 North to get get to Infiniti of Fife (Washington State) you can not legally get to the dealer following the instructions given.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pfarmer
I believe Infiniti should provide at least one or two updates instead of us having to pay $195 for the download and possibly another 50 to a hundred for it to be installed..
I make this point, and only this point on any survey I fill out to Infiniti. Its just plain wrong for a car this expensive, and claiming to be so advanced/leading edge, to come equipped with a dated map, have no update available for close to two years, have poor communication on the availability of that update, require a dealer install the update, and then have the nerve to charge close to $300 for it. This is not the Infiniti experience I had hoped for. The latter is easily fixable with a coupon or first free upgrade, but Infiniti has chosen not to keep its customers happy. Its something I will remember on my next auto purchase. I use the nav everyday. Thats a lot of reminders!

Old 11-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by ThatsMyG
I make this point, and only this point on any survey I fill out to Infiniti. Its just plain wrong for a car this expensive, and claiming to be so advanced/leading edge, to come equipped with a dated map, have no update available for close to two years, have poor communication on the availability of that update, require a dealer install the update, and then have the nerve to charge close to $300 for it. This is not the Infiniti experience I had hoped for. The latter is easily fixable with a coupon or first free upgrade, but Infiniti has chosen not to keep its customers happy. Its something I will remember on my next auto purchase. I use the nav everyday. Thats a lot of reminders!
The same here. In reality with a feature such as XM one would think that you could schedule updates to occur for selected areas in the background. I actually like how it functions with a few exceptions (such as how crippled it is when the car is in motion). No reason why you should not be able to updated it by using a compact flash card doing the same basic thing you do with the CD title lists updates.

I will certainly be looking at other options when I purchase my next car around 2011 or 12. Actually if things go as well as I hope it may be a significant upgrade in vehicle, I have my sights on something entirely different. Hint the first three letters are Mas.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm going to be buying an 08 with nav. How do I find out if the maps are current? And if they're not current, how do I go about upgrading them?

Thanks!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
1. Push <SETTING>.
2. Highlight [Navigation] and push
<ENTER>.
3. Highlight [Navigation Version] and push
<ENTER>.

Update info
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...dMenuItem=Home

Old 08-24-2010, 09:01 PM
does anyone know if a the dash on a 2005 4 dr is different than a dash on a 05 coupe is the navigation system different too

Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by WShade
1. Push <SETTING>.
2. Highlight [Navigation] and push
<ENTER>.
3. Highlight [Navigation Version] and push
<ENTER>.

Update info
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...dMenuItem=Home
Thanks, WShade! I checked the website. Updates are expensive! Is it worth it to update every year, or every other year?

(Saying this in a whisper) Is there a way to get updates (wink, wink) from other places on the web or through other Infiniti owners who have purchased them?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I update every other year. A cities infrastructure does not change significantly enough in one year for me to justify. No way around the dealer update yet as far as I know.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 PM
im getting very mixed feedback. some people claim dealers can only update the NAV on 2007-2008 g35 sedan. yet i see DVD updates that CAN do it....

http://infiniti.sewellparts.com/acce...-2008-771.html

this 7.5 version dvd covers 2007-2008 g sedans!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
^ seems like a misprint to me. There is no DVD slot on the V36, if that tells you anything.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:40 PM
http://news.hspn.com/content_images/...7_sedan_03.jpg

what do you mean? theres a cd/dvd slot right under the clock

Old 10-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Cd != dvd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Navigation Updates