Navigation Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kktk
For those who are planning to get this...there is update to the navigation software coming out in October. Its going to update the version from 8.1 to 8.2.

Patience is a virtue that might pay in this case
kktk,

Where did you hear about the new update? Did they indicate what the main changes would be in the versions?

Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
From Zenrin directly.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Zenrin website seems to be down. Tracert times out in San Jose.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I want a GraceNote DB update.
Where do we get that???

Old 08-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't know if I'm doing something incorrectly or the addresses I put in are obscure, but so far my navigation system did NOT recognize 3 house numbers I put in:

1) was for the house I lived in for over 20 years
2) apartment I just bought (in pre-war building at least 50+ years old)
3) friend's apartment building

All three locations are in New York City or right outside of it in Long Island. Am I doing something wrong? I hit DEST, enter house #, city, then street, and the navi says information on that neighborhood isn't available. I have to manually find the specific location on the map and have it designated as my "home" destination. The navi system finds the street and city fine, but can't find or recognize specific house or apartment building numbers...

Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Zenrin no longer doing the map updates?

I just went to www.zenrin.com and clicked on the "Navigation Software" link, and I was re-directed to Navteq's site. After going through the map update drop down menus on the left, (Infiniti>G35>2008), you get a message saying that there is no update available, nor does it mention plans for releasing an update. The last I looked (before this change), Zenrin was saying a release was forthcoming Q4 this year.

Anyone know of what's going on?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by dc4517
I just went to www.zenrin.com and clicked on the "Navigation Software" link, and I was re-directed to Navteq's site. After going through the map update drop down menus on the left, (Infiniti>G35>2008), you get a message saying that there is no update available, nor does it mention plans for releasing an update. The last I looked (before this change), Zenrin was saying a release was forthcoming Q4 this year.

Anyone know of what's going on?
I actually spoke with the rep at Zenrin... super nice.

The update for the 2008 will be available sometime in November. Here is how it works. Go to Zenrin buy the update and you get a coupon. Take that coupon to the dealer, they install the update for you there. My guess is that they do it via the CF card. Basically, no more do it yourself via DVD.

I want a GraceNote DB update.
Where do we get that???
As for the CDDB, here is what you do, you can do it via your computer. You will need a a CF card, and a computer with access to the internet (a PC, no MacOS). Follow the steps here:
http://www.infiniti.com/music-update/

Basically it loads the missing information on your CD card, you use the program from infiniti to look up the data and fill in the blanks, then take the CF card back to your car to update the missing information. I used it on 3 obscure albums and one that was too new... worked great.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Smile navi upgrade from zenrin\navteq

does anyone have any promotion codes for navteq??

Old 12-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cpnichols
I actually spoke with the rep at Zenrin... super nice.

The update for the 2008 will be available sometime in November. Here is how it works. Go to Zenrin buy the update and you get a coupon. Take that coupon to the dealer, they install the update for you there. My guess is that they do it via the CF card. Basically, no more do it yourself via DVD.
Does the above apply to updates for the 2007 G35X model as well? Still waiting for the first update that model! Web site says:
Map updates for your Infiniti HDD Navigation System
NAVTEQ® is the map of choice for Infiniti and in order to get the most out of your navigation system, it's important to keep those maps up-to-date. Unfortunately, there is no update available for your vehicle at this time.

It then goes on to say :
" It's easy though to stay informed about new map releases. Simply click on the link below and complete your registration with NAVTEQ®. We will contact you when a new map becomes available.

but it will only let up select up to 2006 as a model year !!!

So no updates and no way to be kept informed. Very very disappointing for an Infiniti purchase.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I spoke with Navteq today. Basically, they are taking over call and product support from Zenrin.

I asked about the time frame for the upgrade (which was supposed to be released in Nov 2008), and they said the are still waiting on it. They usually only get about a week notice before it is released for sale to the public.

I mentioned that I tried to sign up for the update/notification emails via the website, but could only pick up to year 2006 for the G35. They added me to the database manually and told me that a postcard would be mailed to me once an update is available. We will see.

I would recommend that others who are interested in the update should call Navteq customer support and register calls such as I did. If anything, the more we call and politely log our frustrations, maybe our update will get more prompt attention?!?

Old 01-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I just got off the phone with NavTech and was givin their number 1-866-462-8837 from my Infiniti dealer. They said if you have a 07 sedan or newer it is only updated by a hard drive update which they have not developed yet.

They said once it is done you will be purchase a coupon code and then have to take this code to your dealer. He will then have a computer hook up to your vehicle and enter your coupon and a hard drive update will be installed. They assured me the dealer will also charge you a service fee for that as well on top of the coupon purchase.

She said 07 and newer sedans are hard drive. The 07 coupe is still on DVD but not the sedans.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the info but thats rediculous on NavTech's part. I had mine updated last year with Zenrin under that same process. NavTech should be on top of this.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah, this is a little out of hand. Why build a great Navi system but then not develop the update tool.. Unacceptable..

Old 01-27-2009, 05:45 PM
The update for the 07 and 08 sedans(with the HDD system) is now available from Navteq.

Their website now lists the model(beyond the 06 year) and it seems we finally have the map updates.

Going to order it this week and take it to the dealer!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Cool,

Let us know how it goes and what the dealer charges to get it done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Navigation Updates