XM radio "Updating"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM radio "Updating"?

Hey all, G35x with Premium/Nav/Tech. All of a sudden, in the last few days all XM stations show Updating status. I can only get ~4 stations, Guide, POTUS 08, a local station and I think 1 more.

Anyone know what's up? TIA.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by iputty
Hey all, G35x with Premium/Nav/Tech. All of a sudden, in the last few days all XM stations show Updating status. I can only get ~4 stations, Guide, POTUS 08, a local station and I think 1 more.

Anyone know what's up? TIA.
There are several reasons for it, among others:
- The receiver is defective, you may need to have it replaced under warranty
- Your subscription is expired
- There's a glitch in the reception, take the car out and do a refresh

Although, based on past problems with XM on other makes/models, it may be the receiver.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by soundmike
There are several reasons for it, among others:
- The receiver is defective, you may need to have it replaced under warranty
- Your subscription is expired
- There's a glitch in the reception, take the car out and do a refresh

Although, based on past problems with XM on other makes/models, it may be the receiver.
You know, coincidentally, today is 3 months with the car. And IIRC it comes with 3 months free of XM? Only thing is, the problem started a few days ago.

You'd think I'd get a notice from someone saying that the XM trial is expiring soon... no?

Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I didn't get any notice. I didn't wait for a call. I called XM and used the ZWINBACK coupon code for half off. Do a thread search to find more details. Very happy getting 12 months of XM for $77.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Metallica?

My A1 preset XM's Metallica station is gone tho, I think it is #51, is this gone for anyone else?? Anyone know the deal??

Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by winste
I didn't get any notice. I didn't wait for a call. I called XM and used the ZWINBACK coupon code for half off. Do a thread search to find more details. Very happy getting 12 months of XM for $77.
sorry for hijacking the post... but do you know how much extra for traffic?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 G35 Journey Sedan no sunroof
Originally Posted by kregg
My A1 preset XM's Metallica station is gone tho, I think it is #51, is this gone for anyone else?? Anyone know the deal??
Sounds like it's one of the temporary special feature channels, they're supposed to come and go. The problem is that when they offer a special feature channel they have to drop a full-time channel to make room for it.

I would renew put I'm pissed that channel 80 (the move) is off the air.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by winste
Awesome. I called and although the associate made me insist on getting a deal, I got this price plus 1 month free. total of $70.53 for the year. And they say that they'll automatically renew me in a year at $145 but they may have a tough time doing that considering my card expires this coming March. Hehe.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
My Sirius receiver has gone through channel updates at least once a day for the last four days. I think one day there were two updates. I figured it was due to the merger. I wonder if it's the same thing on XM.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM
xm

you're radio is prob not broken. they changed many of the channels this week and you can start to hear stern on xm if you pony up for the new package.

i noticed tonight that The Joint moved from 101 to 95. It's going to keep changing as the new integrated plans come out.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Yes, the "Best of Sirius" package is now available thru XM. For an extra $4 a mo, I now received both Howard channels & NFL (all games & channels).... I also get martha stewart, nascar and playboy channel, but i doubt i will ever listen to them...

Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by kravdog
Yes, the "Best of Sirius" package is now available thru XM. For an extra $4 a mo, I now received both Howard channels & NFL (all games & channels).... I also get martha stewart, nascar and playboy channel, but i doubt i will ever listen to them...
Can I ask if you were subscribing to the XM previously at the $77/year price? I just called XM, asking to have the "best of" added to my subscription, and they told me that I would have to lose my $77 contract and start up the "Best of" contract at $16.99/month. I would get credit for my remaining contract (@$40). The monthly on $77 is $6.42/month. Sounds like I am being asked to pay $11 more a month.

So did you have the $77 a year deal, and did they only charge you $4 more a month? If so, what did you say to get the better price and/or was there some package or discount code involved?

Thanks!!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nomad1600
Can I ask if you were subscribing to the XM previously at the $77/year price? I just called XM, asking to have the "best of" added to my subscription, and they told me that I would have to lose my $77 contract and start up the "Best of" contract at $16.99/month. I would get credit for my remaining contract (@$40). The monthly on $77 is $6.42/month. Sounds like I am being asked to pay $11 more a month.

So did you have the $77 a year deal, and did they only charge you $4 more a month? If so, what did you say to get the better price and/or was there some package or discount code involved?

Thanks!!
I used the scion code when I originally signed up. I think they ended up giving me my first 3 months free (bought my car used), and then I was paying full price quarterly after that... so, yes, they just tacked on the increase on my upcoming bill. --- clear as mud?

Old 10-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by glocker99
i noticed tonight that The Joint moved from 101 to 95.
Thought I was the only one who noticed that, messed with my head for a quick second.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 AM
I was driving into work today, and my xm was saying updating the whole time(30 mins) hopefully this is fixed by the time I leave...has this happened to you guys with paid subcriptions?

fyi, i've had my car for 5 months and going on 12,500 miles I AM A BEAST

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XM radio "Updating"?