Install Backup Camera Using Stock Non Nav AV Harness?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey remmy,

i ordered the 'Night Vision Bar Camera BARCAM221'

I was wondering how you were going to run the wire to the camera. You would be drilling a hole somewhere on top of the license plate I presume? I want the wire to not be exposed. I will give it a look when it arrives. Let me know how you are doing this.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by samsizzle
hey remmy,

i ordered the 'Night Vision Bar Camera BARCAM221'

I was wondering how you were going to run the wire to the camera. You would be drilling a hole somewhere on top of the license plate I presume? I want the wire to not be exposed. I will give it a look when it arrives. Let me know how you are doing this.
yup thats the one i have. great camera. i'll be installing it this weekend.

i read in another thread that there is already a grommet somewhere in the license plate area that goes right into the trunk but i haven't actually looked. if there is none then i'll just drill a small hole to fit the wires through and i'll buy a rubber plug to seal it with from home depot or something. i'm sure i can do it without leaving the wires out. i *might* run the wires behind the license plate and drill 2 holes, one behind the plate then one going into the spare tire well or something. i'll let you know this weekend for sure.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
awesome! could you snap a few pics if its not too much to ask. Also, i'm thinking of tapping into one of the reverse light wires for power so its not always on. Do you know where that would be in the previous pictures you posted, like color wise. In your I am a real beginner and would appreciate any help hope everything goes well for you!

Last edited by samsizzle; 07-13-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by samsizzle
awesome! could you snap a few pics if its not too much to ask. Also, i'm thinking of tapping into one of the reverse light wires for power so its not always on. Do you know where that would be in the previous pictures you posted, like color wise. In your I am a real beginner and would appreciate any help hope everything goes well for you!
samsizzle - will absolutely take plenty of pics for you guys. i too will be tapping on the reverse wire but i'm going to do it right at the reverse light harness, instead of the shifter wire going into the head unit. this is only a matter or preference and it's because i don't want to run an additional power wire back to the trunk.

i will be sure to post plenty of details. i should also be installing my navigation carputer this weekend so i'll have to figure out where i'm going to hide everything behind the dash and stereo....

Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I tried to install the VCI-NIS this weekend but have some questions:

1- the blue and green cables has a white one pair each. Where do I connect those?

2- The power from the camera (red/black) where do I connect those?

Iám stuck right now.

Thanks

Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by kendroz
I tried to install the VCI-NIS this weekend but have some questions:

1- the blue and green cables has a white one pair each. Where do I connect those?

2- The power from the camera (red/black) where do I connect those?

Iám stuck right now.

Thanks
the white wires do not get connected anywhere. and the parking brake wire (i think it was green) gets grounded, not connected to the parking brake input.

you're better off connecting the red and black directly to the wires going to the reverse lights in your trunk, otherwise you can run a power wire from the reverse wire on the head-unit back to the trunk and connect it to the red wire and then just use any ground in the trunk for the black wire.

ill post a thread on it tonight or tomorrow with pics.

i hope this helps a little....

EDIT***********

thread here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-aud...-vci-nis2.html

Last edited by RemmyZero; 07-18-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in the middle of install an audiovox 200w in my 2005 and I found this link below pretty useful for pics. It shows how to run the wires and which on it is on the harness(pinkishpurple). I used a rubber scocsh fish tool and it ran perfectly. i just have to connect my deck to a reverse wire as well...pioneer 920bt requires this for some reason. I figured it would just sense signal on the rca and turn on, but it doesnt until you connect that wire from the head unit.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/ins...i-g35-g37.html

Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
backup camera install

Hi, for those that want the oem look, I think this is a good way to go. I finished the install today, here are the pictures, let me know if there are any questions.

Attached Thumbnails Install Backup Camera Using Stock Non Nav AV Harness?-imag0560.jpg   Install Backup Camera Using Stock Non Nav AV Harness?-imag0561.jpg   Install Backup Camera Using Stock Non Nav AV Harness?-imag0562.jpg   Install Backup Camera Using Stock Non Nav AV Harness?-imag0563.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
lookin real good smooth, that was originally what i was gonna do but the ebay dealer i was working with had sent me the wrong trunk trim so i just went with the license plate camera.

may i ask what camera you're using? and what's that box in the 4th photo? i'm having trouble making it out.....and it almost looks like in the first photo you're actually getting a real time trajectory display, am i correct or is that just an illusion from the photo?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Parts list

Hi, I posted a new thread with the parts list and some other pictures. Link - https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ml#post5704610

Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(2007 G35 sedan) I just installed a factory OEM camera within the chrome spoiler. Looks good so far.I noticed the plugs for the camera are there and there's one tan one for the keyless button,and one white that fits the camera connection on the spoiler.I also have the factory nav system with the tech package. Can anyone tell me what else will it take to get the backup camera to work?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by the57spoons
(2007 G35 sedan) I just installed a factory OEM camera within the chrome spoiler. Looks good so far.I noticed the plugs for the camera are there and there's one tan one for the keyless button,and one white that fits the camera connection on the spoiler.I also have the factory nav system with the tech package. Can anyone tell me what else will it take to get the backup camera to work?
This part doesn't make sense to me. If your 07 G35 sedan has the Technology package then it came with the rear view monitor.
Does the car also have Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) and Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)?
I'ts likely that you have the Nav pkg but do not have the Tech pkg.

I'm not sure exactly what else you would need (assuming it doesn't have the Tech pkg) but surely you would need some type of connection to the head unit. It may already be there since the camera wiring pre-exists and you have the Nav head unit.

http://infinitihelp.com/models/2007/...ifications.php