My morning at Eibach .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:39 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Still nothing yet from SPC.

Originally Posted by hokiesean24
Terry-

FRONT ALIGNMENT KITS? SOON? EVER? Any word?? My car is sooo loud...

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiesean24
Terry-

FRONT ALIGNMENT KITS? SOON? EVER? Any word?? My car is sooo loud...

Thanks!
When I had my car aligned the manager at the shop said one of the guys did a bit of research for front alignment kits for the 07 sedan. They called me to see if I wanted them to order them. I said no and forgot to get the details. I'd bet he was looking at the '07 coupe spec by mistake. If you want to take the initiative, call the phone number on the alignment specs I posted and ask for Jason. See if he can tell you what he found. Good luck.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Correction to part numbers on springs.

Originally Posted by terrycs
When I first looked into Eibach springs, they already had a catalog number reserved for the 2007 sedan. However, it was always flagged with “I/D” (in development) and the part number was never released to production. When you order springs for the 07 sedan (kit part number 6383.140) you will get the correct springs. If you really want to verify proper part numbers in the box, check the springs for the printed part numbers: 6383.001 (front) and 6383.002 (back) before you have them installed.

Note that they have a pro-kit for earlier model years, but those are different part numbers and were never labeled for use on the 07 sedan. As long as your dealer gets the kit part number above, you will be in good shape.

As for the rear camber kit availability, the last I heard, they were working out the details with their supplier, but it should be soon. I also understand they are still determining demand on the front alignment kit before going on to R&D, so stay tuned.

IMO, if the springs are moving as well as I’ve been told, they really should do the front kit.
Printed part numbers on springs: 6383.001 (front) & 6363.002 (back)

Old 09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Sorry to bring this thread up again...but I'm getting close to putting my springs on and I just wanted some feedback. First...Terry thank you so much for all the work you have done on suspension. Between your post info and the spreadsheet you created its been such a great help.

My question. I'm 99% sure I'm going with Eibach. But now that a few of you have put 5-15K on your cars with the Pro kit, any feedback? How is the wear on your tires with and without the alignment kit? I have been calling around trying to find someone who has done this on an 07, and that has been my struggle. I can't find anybody that has a lot of experience in my area with the G, so everybody is telling me different info. Some are quoting me the ~$500 out the door for springs and install. Soem are quoting me ~$1000 because they are saying there is no way I can put the Eibachs on without the alignment kit.

Just looking for some feedback. I know this subject has been beaten to death(not as much as intakes though if there is any saving grace!) and I can't seem to find any solid info from anybody after they have put 10-15K on there car.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM

So far, I have been 100% satisfied with my installation. My last two cars have been lowered so having this one lowered too was not that big of a challenge for me.

Tire wear on both front and rear looked perfectly even when I took them off recently. I have just shy of 9,000 miles on the odometer. I’m sure there are others here with Eibachs that have more miles on their tires who are more qualified to comment on front tire wear.

BTW … yes, the springs can be installed without alignment kit. They are separate part numbers.

You may also want to put your location in your user profile … it’s a lot easier to for others to offer referrals. I’m not sure what others have been charged for parts and labor, so we’ll see if there are responses.

Post again if you need answers to specific questions and good luck.

Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
Sorry to bring this thread up again...but I'm getting close to putting my springs on and I just wanted some feedback. First...Terry thank you so much for all the work you have done on suspension. Between your post info and the spreadsheet you created its been such a great help.

My question. I'm 99% sure I'm going with Eibach. But now that a few of you have put 5-15K on your cars with the Pro kit, any feedback? How is the wear on your tires with and without the alignment kit? I have been calling around trying to find someone who has done this on an 07, and that has been my struggle. I can't find anybody that has a lot of experience in my area with the G, so everybody is telling me different info. Some are quoting me the ~$500 out the door for springs and install. Soem are quoting me ~$1000 because they are saying there is no way I can put the Eibachs on without the alignment kit.

Just looking for some feedback. I know this subject has been beaten to death(not as much as intakes though if there is any saving grace!) and I can't seem to find any solid info from anybody after they have put 10-15K on there car.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey Terry, I posted asking you about the front camber kit before actually reading this thread. So no need to respond, I see they are not produced yet and not necessarily needed. This whole thread has been extremely informative, photos, specs, etc. Big thumbs up!!! Can't wait for my Eibach springs and camber kit to arrive in the mail! Thanks again!!!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hows the ride quality??? and how well are the stock shocks handling the different spring rates?

Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by implicitv36
hows the ride quality??? and how well are the stock shocks handling the different spring rates?
Ride quality is good and still on my original stock shocks as well.