My morning at Eibach .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
When I first looked into Eibach springs, they already had a catalog number reserved for the 2007 sedan. However, it was always flagged with “I/D” (in development) and the part number was never released to production. When you order springs for the 07 sedan (kit part number 6383.140) you will get the correct springs. If you really want to verify proper part numbers in the box, check the springs for the printed part numbers: 6383.001 (front) and 6383.002 (back) before you have them installed.

Note that they have a pro-kit for earlier model years, but those are different part numbers and were never labeled for use on the 07 sedan. As long as your dealer gets the kit part number above, you will be in good shape.

As for the rear camber kit availability, the last I heard, they were working out the details with their supplier, but it should be soon. I also understand they are still determining demand on the front alignment kit before going on to R&D, so stay tuned.

IMO, if the springs are moving as well as I’ve been told, they really should do the front kit.
I read this entire thread before responding. Thanks for the information!!

To make sure I have this right, here is what I understand and please correct me if I am wrong on any of this:

The Eibach’s Pro Kit is .1 inches lower all the way around compared to the H&R’s. 1.4 Front /1.3 Back Eibach - 1.3 Front / 1.2 Back H&R. Eibach will also create a bit more out of spec camber on the wheels because they are a bit lower, making the top of the wheel turned in a touch more at the top. Without the camber kit front and back they will be off up to about 1.6 degrees. That is not terrible but it will create more tire wear.

After I understood what was involved with the camber kits they sounded very expensive, so I looked them up. The 06 kits on stillen.com are $849.00 for the front and $749.00 on the back. So for a mere $1600 dollars we can get them into spec. I think I can just live with a bit more tire wear but maybe the H&R’s are a better option because they will be a bit closer to factory spec. Again please let me know if I have any of this info wrong. Thanks for all of the help

PS: I'm not opposed to spending money but $1600 is a lot of money for something that will probably create a minimal return. Will being out of spec make the car drive much differently?

Old 04-17-2007, 11:25 PM
+1^

I can't justify spending that kind of $ on a camber adjustment kit for maybe a couple more degrees(if that) of adjustability and bringing the car back into spec.

I for one can live with a little bit of negative camber, a little bit of uneven tire wear, and better handling without spending any extra $.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by EWG35
I read this entire thread before responding. Thanks for the information!!

To make sure I have this right, here is what I understand and please correct me if I am wrong on any of this:

The Eibach’s Pro Kit is .1 inches lower all the way around compared to the H&R’s. 1.4 Front /1.3 Back Eibach - 1.3 Front / 1.2 Back H&R. Eibach will also create a bit more out of spec camber on the wheels because they are a bit lower, making the top of the wheel turned in a touch more at the top. Without the camber kit front and back they will be off up to about 1.6 degrees. That is not terrible but it will create more tire wear.

After I understood what was involved with the camber kits they sounded very expensive, so I looked them up. The 06 kits on stillen.com are $849.00 for the front and $749.00 on the back. So for a mere $1600 dollars we can get them into spec. I think I can just live with a bit more tire wear but maybe the H&R’s are a better option because they will be a bit closer to factory spec. Again please let me know if I have any of this info wrong. Thanks for all of the help

PS: I'm not opposed to spending money but $1600 is a lot of money for something that will probably create a minimal return. Will being out of spec make the car drive much differently?
Not quite right …

IMO, the Eibach springs do not lower the car as much as H&R springs do. I am confident of the 1.4f/1.3r Eibach measurements (I was there when they made the measurements). I am NOT confident of the H&R catalog measurements of 1.3f/1.2r. My reason is because H&R uses the same PN and drops for all model years including the 2007. If the 2007 theoretically weighs more than earlier model years, the drop should be lower than earlier model years.

The lower drop theory on the H&R is also supported by the different front alignment numbers we’ve seen. The front camber spec (in degrees) is -1.08min, -0.33nominal, 0.42max. Keep in mind the front camber is NOT ADJUSTABLE without camber kit. Using the Eibach springs, the front camber measurements (degrees) were -1.6 and -1.3. This means my car is .52 out of spec on one side and 0.22 out of spec on the other. Railgunner’s car is -1.9 and -1.9. The larger negative cambers up front on the H&R would support the theory of a lower drop using H&R.

The rear drop between H&R and Eibach is about the same. Using alignment figures, the camber spec (in degrees) is -1.33min, -0.83nominal, -0.33max. My car (before camber kit) was -1.7 / -1.4. Railgunner’s car was -1.6 / -1.6. Both cars ran out of adjustment and could not get into spec. The equal rear drop theory is also supported by the fact both manufacturers used the same rear springs as earlier model years. Eibachs rear drop (from their catalog) on all other model years is 1.1 which is very close to H&R 1.2.

Keep in mind, I am only comparing 2 cars. Without actual before and after measurements from an H&R installation on the 2007, we would need to look at more alignment data. With what we have here, Eibach springs will give you the best chance at staying closer to camber spec up front.

I think I would agree with you guys … $1600 is a hard pill to swallow. I believe cost of the alignment kits is too high from Stillen though. Check out SPC (Eibach’s supplier). They should be much lower. If you go with SPC, get them from Eibach which historically cost less.

For normal street driving, you probably won’t notice a difference with / without camber kits except for uneven (accelerated?) tire wear. I suppose you can do a cost / benefit analysis between with / without camber kits and the cost of 19” or 20” tires over the life of the car to help make your decision.

If you autocross or take a lot of high-G turns, the additional negative camber may even desirable. I also have a feeling you can stuff more wheel / tire in back if you do not use a camber kit, but we haven’t determined that yet.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Interesting... I dont think I will be shelling out $1600 for camber kit. Actually, I know I wont. I think I will deal with the tire wear and if it becomes too much, I will put the stock springs back on, it didnt look THAT bad on stilts if you will and since I scratched the front of it up this morning on a curb- I wouldnt have to worry about that as much.

I also agree with terrycs that its looking like guys can get the 10" rears under the car without the camber kit, its going to be SUPER tight though when the camber kits straightens the rear tires up. I for one am SUPER interested in how thats going to play out.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Not quite right …

IMO, the Eibach springs do not lower the car as much as H&R springs do. I am confident of the 1.4f/1.3r Eibach measurements (I was there when they made the measurements). I am NOT confident of the H&R catalog measurements of 1.3f/1.2r. My reason is because H&R uses the same PN and drops for all model years including the 2007. If the 2007 theoretically weighs more than earlier model years, the drop should be lower than earlier model years.

The lower drop theory on the H&R is also supported by the different front alignment numbers we’ve seen. The front camber spec (in degrees) is -1.08min, -0.33nominal, 0.42max. Keep in mind the front camber is NOT ADJUSTABLE without camber kit. Using the Eibach springs, the front camber measurements (degrees) were -1.6 and -1.3. This means my car is .52 out of spec on one side and 0.22 out of spec on the other. Railgunner’s car is -1.9 and -1.9. The larger negative cambers up front on the H&R would support the theory of a lower drop using H&R.

The rear drop between H&R and Eibach is about the same. Using alignment figures, the camber spec (in degrees) is -1.33min, -0.83nominal, -0.33max. My car (before camber kit) was -1.7 / -1.4. Railgunner’s car was -1.6 / -1.6. Both cars ran out of adjustment and could not get into spec. The equal rear drop theory is also supported by the fact both manufacturers used the same rear springs as earlier model years. Eibachs rear drop (from their catalog) on all other model years is 1.1 which is very close to H&R 1.2.

Keep in mind, I am only comparing 2 cars. Without actual before and after measurements from an H&R installation on the 2007, we would need to look at more alignment data. With what we have here, Eibach springs will give you the best chance at staying closer to camber spec up front.

I think I would agree with you guys … $1600 is a hard pill to swallow. I believe cost of the alignment kits is too high from Stillen though. Check out SPC (Eibach’s supplier). They should be much lower. If you go with SPC, get them from Eibach which historically cost less.

For normal street driving, you probably won’t notice a difference with / without camber kits except for uneven (accelerated?) tire wear. I suppose you can do a cost / benefit analysis between with / without camber kits and the cost of 19” or 20” tires over the life of the car to help make your decision.

If you autocross or take a lot of high-G turns, the additional negative camber may even desirable. I also have a feeling you can stuff more wheel / tire in back if you do not use a camber kit, but we haven’t determined that yet.
That's a lot to digest but I certainly appreciate your due diligence. Without this info most of us would be running blind. Thanks again.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:23 AM

That's a lot to digest but I certainly appreciate your due diligence. Without this info most of us would be running blind. Thanks again.
NP ... that's what the forum is for. I know I'll have my fair share of questions on other subject matter.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I ordered Eibach's yesterday and hoping to get them on by early next week. Thanks again for the info.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:32 AM

I ordered Eibach's yesterday and hoping to get them on by early next week. Thanks again for the info.
You won't be disappointed. It should look great with your wheels & tires. Looking forward to your pics and review .

Last edited by terrycs; 04-30-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Terrycs! anymore Updates on the Front Camber Kits?? I really hope the Price for these Camber kits are not over $1300 for each back and front Kits! That is Crazy just to get your Alignment corrected! Man that will be really hurtfull to my Wallet! Coming from a 90 GT Stang, this Import parts have really Crazy prices for Parts! And I was going to order my Eibach Springs, But if they are going to cost me more than a Grand just to get the Alignment into Spec, Is really Holding me back from ordering!!! I really want springs, but is there any other way of getting the Alignment close to Spec? or is what you have now going to really waer out the inside of my Tires? I am just so stuck, really want to Drop my G, but seems like it will cost me more than an ARM and a LEG just to get the Alignment fixed! Which really bums me out. Don't know what to do, but everytime I see your Dropped G, Makes me SICK! In a good way, LOL. Damn........stuck dude! The $1300 it will cost for just Camber Kit or Kits, I can get a set of good Aftermarket Heads for my Stang!! LOL

Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Hey Terrycs! anymore Updates on the Front Camber Kits?? I really hope the Price for these Camber kits are not over $1300 for each back and front Kits! That is Crazy just to get your Alignment corrected! Man that will be really hurtfull to my Wallet! Coming from a 90 GT Stang, this Import parts have really Crazy prices for Parts! And I was going to order my Eibach Springs, But if they are going to cost me more than a Grand just to get the Alignment into Spec, Is really Holding me back from ordering!!! I really want springs, but is there any other way of getting the Alignment close to Spec? or is what you have now going to really waer out the inside of my Tires? I am just so stuck, really want to Drop my G, but seems like it will cost me more than an ARM and a LEG just to get the Alignment fixed! Which really bums me out. Don't know what to do, but everytime I see your Dropped G, Makes me SICK! In a good way, LOL. Damn........stuck dude! The $1300 it will cost for just Camber Kit or Kits, I can get a set of good Aftermarket Heads for my Stang!! LOL

If I were you and had to pay for the springs and rear camber kit, I would still do it. I've done some reading in the forums. Most earlier model owners just correct the back since it is the most out of spec and the rear kit is the least expensive (between front and back kits). This makes sense. BTW, I've heard ordering the rear kit is less expensive through Eibach than direct through SPC.

Remember, my car is only about 1/2 degree out in the front which is very little and perfect in the back. Given that fact, I would only do the fronts if I had extra $$ laying around (if at all, depending on how the front tires actually wear).

AND .. it sounds like you can install the springs yourself, saving some labor $$ (But maybe not enough to get those ported and polished heads for the stang ).

Old 05-01-2007, 04:32 AM
If I were you and had to pay for the springs and rear camber kit, I would still do it. I've done some reading in the forums. Most earlier model owners just correct the back since it is the most out of spec and the rear kit is the least expensive (between front and back kits). This makes sense. BTW, I've heard ordering the rear kit is less expensive through Eibach than direct through SPC.

Remember, my car is only about 1/2 degree out in the front which is very little and perfect in the back. Given that fact, I would only do the fronts if I had extra $$ laying around (if at all, depending on how the front tires actually wear).

AND .. it sounds like you can install the springs yourself, saving some labor $$ (But maybe not enough to get those ported and polished heads for the stang ).

Aghh that eases my mind a Bit about the Front Not being so out of Whack! And I'll do a search and read up on just using the back Camber Kit. Since you said it is the least Expensive, and becomes more out of Spec than the Fronts! Now I feel more eased. Anyword if they'll release the back kits first Before the Fronts? And do you know offf hand how much they might ask for the Back Kit? Apprecite you Input on this Teryycs, Without it I would probably Go Nuts and end up in the Rubber ROOM!

Old 05-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Aghh that eases my mind a Bit about the Front Not being so out of Whack! And I'll do a search and read up on just using the back Camber Kit. Since you said it is the least Expensive, and becomes more out of Spec than the Fronts! Now I feel more eased. Anyword if they'll release the back kits first Before the Fronts? And do you know offf hand how much they might ask for the Back Kit? Apprecite you Input on this Teryycs, Without it I would probably Go Nuts and end up in the Rubber ROOM!
I just got off the phone with Eibach. The latest information: there is still no decision on whether or not to R&D new front arms for the 07. Pricing and part numbers for the rear kit shold be available by the end of this week.

Just an FYI, the suggested retail for the 06 kit is $227 for the camber arms and $74 for the toe bolts. You should call around for actual selling prices when the part number releases.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the updates Terry!!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:31 AM
I just got off the phone with Eibach. The latest information: there is still no decision on whether or not to R&D new front arms for the 07. Pricing and part numbers for the rear kit shold be available by the end of this week.

Just an FYI, the suggested retail for the 06 kit is $227 for the camber arms and $74 for the toe bolts. You should call around for actual selling prices when the part number releases.

AGhh Thank's for this Update Terrycs! Realy Appreciate it! That price sounds really reasonable! So Looks Like I'll be ordering my Springs at the middle of this month to give them time to put out the part numbers and actual Price is set! Can't wait now!

Old 05-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Hey Terrycs. I forgot to ask a while back, you said after the rear Camber Kit Install the rear raised a little? Can you post a current Pic with the rear Camber Kit Installed? Just want to see how it looks like now, with the rear Kit you put on. Would apprecite it if it's not too much trouble! THx.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Eibach .