My morning at Eibach .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the kit is out. i found it on ebay already. are you sure it is not out????

Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by koyoki
I think the kit is out. i found it on ebay already. are you sure it is not out????
Do you have a link to check out?

EDIT: Are you looking at an 06 kit? Although the 06 and 07 share suspension design, I am certain the components are different enough to require different alignment kits for each model year. I think I noted the differences in an earlier post.

Last edited by terrycs; 04-09-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Rather ironic that 808mike and hokiesean24 asked about aligment kits...

I was just notified today by the R&D manager at Eibach (by email) that the new alignment kit is finished. The email did not get into specifics, but it will be test fitted on my car either late this week, or early next week.

I'm looking forward to getting this project finished!

AWESOME news Terrycs! Glad it's out! And hopefully will be ready for sale by the time I come back from Vegas Next Week!! Can you tell me if its hard to Install the Camber Kit? Wehn you get it done? I Ususally do the Install for the Springs Myself, and want to know how Difficult doing the Camber Kit would be! Hope your Car is done by next week! So If I win my MILLIONS In vegas, I can buy my ToyS! LMAO!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
AWESOME news Terrycs! Glad it's out! And hopefully will be ready for sale by the time I come back from Vegas Next Week!! Can you tell me if its hard to Install the Camber Kit? Wehn you get it done? I Ususally do the Install for the Springs Myself, and want to know how Difficult doing the Camber Kit would be! Hope your Car is done by next week! So If I win my MILLIONS In vegas, I can buy my ToyS! LMAO!
Keep in mind this is for a test fit. Everything should be good, but you never know. I'd say if you can do springs, the alignment kit should be easy. For the back, the kit consists of cam bolts for toe adjust and camber arms for each side. Hand tools should do the trick. I'll see if I can get pictures while the car is on the lift or on the alignment rack.

I don't have a clue what it takes to do the front. I don't even know if the front is part of the kit yet.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Keep in mind this is for a test fit. Everything should be good, but you never know. I'd say if you can do springs, the alignment kit should be easy. For the back, the kit consists of cam bolts for toe adjust and camber arms for each side. Hand tools should do the trick. I'll see if I can get pictures while the car is on the lift or on the alignment rack.

I don't have a clue what it takes to do the front. I don't even know if the front is part of the kit yet.

Awesome Terrycs! I'll be waiting, and I'll try to get on the Internet in vegas, so I can keep up to date on the Progress, and if you can get Pics even Better! Thx.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:40 AM

Camber kit installation …

Once again, I was at Eibach bright and early, this time for them to install their front and rear camber kits. I discovered a big problem as I got out of the car … I forgot to bring my digital camera so I couldn’t get any installation pictures for you guys. The good thing is from doing my research; I know there are several how-to threads in this forum that go over the installation procedure for both front and back. The suspension design is the same as the previous model years, so the instructions still apply.

The Rear:
Remember, when you go out to buy the rear kit, keep in mind, the 06 and earlier kit will NOT fit without jury rigging. Make sure you get a kit specifically made for the 07. They installed the camber arm and toe-bolt for the rear which provides increased camber and toe-in adjustment. Installation is MUCH easier with the car on the lift, so I feel for you guys that have to do the installation on your back. One of the things that need to be done is to elongate the slot in the cross member for the toe bolt. That will require a die grinder or a Dremel. Other than that, simple hand tools will finish of the job. Unfortunately, because the parts installed on my car are prototypes, they will not be available for about a month so they can release the part number and ramp up production.

The Front:
That’s right; they were prepared to install new upper arms into my car. I thought that would be pretty cool since those are pretty expensive pieces. Well guess what … the arms they had were way long so they didn’t do the fronts.

In summary, the back of the car adjusted into spec perfectly, everything at nominal. I didn’t think I would actually see a difference in camber, but I really did. On top of that, they re-measured the car and found the back of the car actually went up by 6mm after kit installation. So, for the guys that have aggressive offsets on wide wheels … be careful, there is a chance the tire (depending on width) will rub the fender because the tops of the tires move outboard after camber kit installation.

The front of my car remains slightly out of tolerance on camber until they develop new upper A-arms for the 07 sedan. So … TO BE CONTNUED.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:52 AM
AWESOME news Terry!!! Any word on cost at all? I am buying a new house at the moment and heading out to Chicago to be in my buddies wedding next week, funds are not optimized at the moment!! I need this thing though- haha

Thanks!!

Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 AM
ALSO- if it raises my @ss end 6mm (~0.25") it will be exactly where I think I want it! That could be a good thing. Obviously, it could be a little different since I am running H&R Springs vs. the Eibachs, I think it would be safe to assume fairly equal results... I LIKEY!!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by hokiesean24
ALSO- if it raises my @ss end 6mm (~0.25") it will be exactly where I think I want it! That could be a good thing. Obviously, it could be a little different since I am running H&R Springs vs. the Eibachs, I think it would be safe to assume fairly equal results... I LIKEY!!
Sorry, they are working out the cost details now. I'd bet the results would be similar, but a lot of it depends on the individual car. Since there are more H&R users here, the results would be most interesting.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Let me know when I can order! haha

Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM
lookin good

Old 04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
it looks good~~ but i prefer a bit lower:P

Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want a bit lower, get some H&R springs or wait for coilovers.

Personally, I like the stance of the Eibachs. It's pretty reasonably lowered for a car using stock shocks. IMO, the H&R drop has a more aggressive slammed look that I like also, but it may be too aggressive for stock shocks.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Terrycs, I have a question that just struck me recently. With your 07 G35 Sedan being used by Eibach as a test bed to find the right spring rate, length, camber kit, etc you may know the answer. Has Eibach created then changed the pro kit for this car? As I recall a kit was made and was available to the market which had front springs which were not low enough which was later changed after they modified your springs. If I recall correctly, without doing a bunch of research yours were too high in the front or too low in the back then Eibach made changed and probably created a new part number. I know the Pro Kit was available to the public well before they made the changes to the springs. To get the exact set up you have (springs) is there a new part number? If I order a set and get the old spring, I will be frustrated. I’ll probably have to make a dozen calls to get the right springs resent then have to have them reinstalled for another $100 on top of my original cost. I’m ready to lower mine and just want to make sure I get the same set you have.

Any word on when the camber kit will be released?

Thanks!!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by EWG35
Terrycs, I have a question that just struck me recently. With your 07 G35 Sedan being used by Eibach as a test bed to find the right spring rate, length, camber kit, etc you may know the answer. Has Eibach created then changed the pro kit for this car? As I recall a kit was made and was available to the market which had front springs which were not low enough which was later changed after they modified your springs. If I recall correctly, without doing a bunch of research yours were too high in the front or too low in the back then Eibach made changed and probably created a new part number. I know the Pro Kit was available to the public well before they made the changes to the springs. To get the exact set up you have (springs) is there a new part number? If I order a set and get the old spring, I will be frustrated. I’ll probably have to make a dozen calls to get the right springs resent then have to have them reinstalled for another $100 on top of my original cost. I’m ready to lower mine and just want to make sure I get the same set you have.

Any word on when the camber kit will be released?

Thanks!!
When I first looked into Eibach springs, they already had a catalog number reserved for the 2007 sedan. However, it was always flagged with “I/D” (in development) and the part number was never released to production. When you order springs for the 07 sedan (kit part number 6383.140) you will get the correct springs. If you really want to verify proper part numbers in the box, check the springs for the printed part numbers: 6383.001 (front) and 6383.002 (back) before you have them installed.

Note that they have a pro-kit for earlier model years, but those are different part numbers and were never labeled for use on the 07 sedan. As long as your dealer gets the kit part number above, you will be in good shape.

As for the rear camber kit availability, the last I heard, they were working out the details with their supplier, but it should be soon. I also understand they are still determining demand on the front alignment kit before going on to R&D, so stay tuned.

IMO, if the springs are moving as well as I’ve been told, they really should do the front kit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Eibach .