My morning at Eibach .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:22 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by kewltea
Just curious, is the previous gen springs alot different than the 07?
I was told the fronts are brand new for Eibach. The rears are the same. Not sure about the other manufacturers.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by BlackOutG
I just got EIBACH BRO KIT under my G35 coupe last week too

the car got a lil bit safter and better handling , totaly loving it
Yea, I thought I noticed less road noise (vibration?) on the freeway ... could be my imagination though.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any Update on these Springs? did you get the Updated Version of the springs yet? Would appreciate an update on these as I may want to Purchase a set when they come out if they are not too low.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Any Update on these Springs? did you get the Updated Version of the springs yet? Would appreciate an update on these as I may want to Purchase a set when they come out if they are not too low.
They were not ready as of Friday last week. I am totally anxious as well because I can't finish my wheels until the suspension is finalized.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
They were not ready as of Friday last week. I am totally anxious as well because I can't finish my wheels until the suspension is finalized.
aghh Thank's for the Update! Please let us all know ASAP when they are ready and on your Car! Would really like to know hwo it will look like, but i think it may be a tad too low! They should have left it as the ones you have, since i think it's the way the Wheel wells were designed that make the front look higher than the back.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 AM

aghh Thank's for the Update! Please let us all know ASAP when they are ready and on your Car! Would really like to know hwo it will look like, but i think it may be a tad too low! They should have left it as the ones you have, since i think it's the way the Wheel wells were designed that make the front look higher than the back.
I think the proof will be when the wheels get put on. The stock wheels seem to exagerate a lot even though they are close in O.D.

I also think a negative for the kit will be the slight camber issue in back AND in the front now (since I read Hikos_G is slightly negative camber in front with less drop).

I've been paying special attention to how the back tires are wearing and they don't look that bad, so maybe a little out of spec negative is OK in back. I'd like to avoid camber kits on front and back if at all possible.

I'll have to get the actual alignment numbers the next time they do my car.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 PM

I thought I'd bring this thread back to life. I was excited to finally get the call from Eibach. I'm scheduled to be there this coming Monday morning to finish up the project. Fully charged digital camera will be with me of course.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I thought I'd bring this thread back to life. I was excited to finally get the call from Eibach. I'm scheduled to be there this coming Monday morning to finish up the project. Fully charged digital camera will be with me of course.
Good stuff Terry, so they are putting on the revised springs to even up the drop?

Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by GEE35X
Good stuff Terry, so they are putting on the revised springs to even up the drop?
They are putting on the production front springs which are 5mm lower than what is on there now. The total drop is listed in their catalog aleady. They are also going to correct the camber in the back.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 AM

AWESOME news Terrycs! Can't wait to see the Final Pics of the Production Springs!! So did you go there Today? Or is it for Next week MON the 12th? Thank's for keeping us Updated on these Springs Progress!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:45 AM

AWESOME news Terrycs! Can't wait to see the Final Pics of the Production Springs!! So did you go there Today? Or is it for Next week MON the 12th? Thank's for keeping us Updated on these Springs Progress!
Sorry, 3/12.
I'm pretty anxious too.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Hey Terrycs! Hopeing to see some Updated Pics of the new Front Springs!! Is it for Tomorrow? Will be looking for Pics after I come home from work. Hope you can get some Posted!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Did you get the New Springs Installed Today?

Old 03-13-2007, 12:00 AM

Yes, I did go to Eibach this morning to get the production front springs installed. IMO, I think the drop looks perfect and ride quality remains unchanged. To reiterate, the front was lowered 36mm (1.4”) and the rear was lowered 33mm (1.3”).

First, I’ll note the out of spec alignment numbers. I’ll assume you guys have the service manual to look up the factory spec. so I won’t post nominal, max, and min numbers unless someone asks for them later.

Front driver’s side is -1.6 deg, front pass side is -1.3.

Rear driver’s side is -1.7, rear pass side is -1.4. Toe-in on rear pass side is 0.26”.

The bad news … the numbers are not that far off, but if you want to get back into factory spec, you will need an alignment kit, front and rear. Eibach had the kit from the 2006 ready to install, but low and behold, Infiniti changed the spacing on the rear crossmember flange holding the camber bar, so the 2006 camber bar will NOT work (unless you want to shim it in with washers or squeeze the crossmember flanges closer together). The kit’s cam bolt was also not long enough so it was not installed.

The good news … it corners on rails! Eibach is now working on a new alignment kit for our 2007. They’ll let me know as soon as it is ready so I can go back and get it installed. If it looks anything like the 2006 version I saw, it will be well made.

Now the pictures:

Note how the dirt on the back tire tread shows more wear on the inside.

Here are pictures taken at noon.

Here are pictures taken at 5:00 so I could get the sun low behind me to highlight the tires.

Last edited by terrycs; 03-13-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now thats more like it! love the final product! the front doesnt look as high, or the back as low anymore. what are they charging for springs and install? me next, me next!

Last edited by g u l8er; 03-13-2007 at 12:16 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Eibach .