New Stillen Dual intake for 07 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by logik05se
its been said that if you place those stickers in the rite location, you can gain up to 12 hp!
Yes... exactly in the middle of the supercharger under the hood.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
I think two big cone K&N filters will get better results that the flabby FRAM air filters that come stock. Go look under your hood and pull them out...

Old 05-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
I think two big cone K&N filters will get better results that the flabby FRAM air filters that come stock. Go look under your hood and pull them out...
That's one thing that I was surprised about... they're tiny. A cone setup HAS to be better, if you can keep the whole "airflow" thing going from the outside as it is now, it would be much, much better.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by viguera
That's one thing that I was surprised about... they're tiny. A cone setup HAS to be better, if you can keep the whole "airflow" thing going from the outside as it is now, it would be much, much better.
I don't buy that. I've already posted that Sharif and Jeremy both have dyno'd the 07 z's WITHOUT air filters, and saw no power increase, anywhere. You can't get much more airflow than no filters.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I don't buy that. I've already posted that Sharif and Jeremy both have dyno'd the 07 z's WITHOUT air filters, and saw no power increase, anywhere. You can't get much more airflow than no filters.
So basically your saying that every company that sells after market intake system are stealing our money, and it wont give us any power increase whatsoever?

hmmmmmmm

Old 05-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
So basically your saying that every company that sells after market intake system are stealing our money, and it wont give us any power increase whatsoever?

hmmmmmmm
Its for simply sound my friend...If youre willing to pay that much for sound, thats all you papa....

Old 05-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Wow... that's crazy.

But is that with or without a fan? Obviously airflow is different standing on the rollers than it is doing 100mph.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 AM

hmmmmmmm
Most of the people that upgraded their intakes on the Maxima had to have their ECU reset every now and then. The additional airflow is detected by the MAF and it would lean out the mix anyway after a while.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:11 AM
alot of people have the whole intake subject twisted. Intakes DO increase power. The thing is they dont do much as a stand alone mod. They shine when you do other mods to complenment them such as exhuast, headers, plenum,chip etc. Once you add all of these things together they all work hand in hand to make your perform better. Just adding an intake alone will do little if any to your performance....but it will make the car scream like a bastard lol.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Adding an after market intake also increases MPG as i have been told. I have to disagree with people saying that it is just for sound and looks. After taking apart the stock intake last night it is clear to me that an aftermarket intake will increase airflow. But the undesired effect from the MAFS has yet to be determined on the 07' G. Guess time will tell.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you think that the Stillen-style setup will give you a better result than just buying two drop-in gauze filters and hacking off the bottoms of the stock filter boxes?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Adding an after market intake also increases MPG as i have been told. I have to disagree with people saying that it is just for sound and looks. After taking apart the stock intake last night it is clear to me that an aftermarket intake will increase airflow. But the undesired effect from the MAFS has yet to be determined on the 07' G. Guess time will tell.
The intake subject is one of the most disputed... mpg and power are inversely proportional. An intake cannot give you more hp and increase your mileage... it just doesn't make sense.

An intake that increases airflow will do just that... give you more air to the manifold. Without a subsequent increase in fuel to compensate, you're just running leaner and increasing mileage, but not hp. Doesn't make sense that you'll increase power by just adding air without reworking the AF ratio, and for that you need tuning. Then you'll have more power -- and reduced mileage since you're using more gas.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tiger
Do you think that the Stillen-style setup will give you a better result than just buying two drop-in gauze filters and hacking off the bottoms of the stock filter boxes?
Or a cotton t-shirt.

Just make sure it doesn't get sucked into the manifold.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I think you would lose any of the ram air/cold air effect Infiniti tried so hard to design in this time.

Originally Posted by Tiger

Old 05-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Banned
http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274228

did you guys see this **** lol. 3 whp for 400 bux lol. Guess that's only what you get with a short ram setup lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Stillen Dual intake for 07 350Z