Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ yeah that sucks!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by viguera
The intake subject is one of the most disputed... mpg and power are inversely proportional. An intake cannot give you more hp and increase your mileage... it just doesn't make sense.

An intake that increases airflow will do just that... give you more air to the manifold. Without a subsequent increase in fuel to compensate, you're just running leaner and increasing mileage, but not hp. Doesn't make sense that you'll increase power by just adding air without reworking the AF ratio, and for that you need tuning. Then you'll have more power -- and reduced mileage since you're using more gas.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. 3hp. Not even a whole 3hp at peak. Nice.

If I owned an 07, I might actually buy it for the induction noise alone. I'm a big fan of the sound of the Stillen airbox on the first gen car. But anyone that purchases this kit for performance reasons is delusional.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Wow. 3hp. Not even a whole 3hp at peak. Nice.

If I owned an 07, I might actually buy it for the induction noise alone. I'm a big fan of the sound of the Stillen airbox on the first gen car. But anyone that purchases this kit for performance reasons is delusional.
I would buy it at $250... it IS two intakes after all, and it works out to $125 a piece.

But at $400 it's probably out of the "reasonable" price range for most people considering the "gains"

Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see what the big debate is, intake tube setups don't gain you anymore horsepower really on a VQ35DE either, they are just for sound as well.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:38 AM
its like i said....the sound is worth it to me. People mainly buy exhuast for sound as well so just think of it as a cheaper version. And personally to me the intake at WOT sounds better then an exhuast.

My injen cai is what gave my coupe its personality. that and my foot.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Aftermarket intakes sound best when the car is coming at you....the sound is almost disgusting...of how mean the car sounds

Old 06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
That's one thing that I was surprised about... they're tiny. A cone setup HAS to be better, if you can keep the whole "airflow" thing going from the outside as it is now, it would be much, much better.

It's more important to have smoother airflow, and a panel filter has alot of surface area compaired to a cone filter. If a cone setup was better, they'd use it, panel filters actually flow quite well, and they don't seem to get as restricted as quickly as cone filters do.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Exclamation

The intake subject is one of the most disputed... mpg and power are inversely proportional. An intake cannot give you more hp and increase your mileage... it just doesn't make sense.

You can't simply compare MPG and power! MPG, engine load/ engine efficiency are more closely related.
Also, You can get more power and better milage, it's called increasing volumetric efficiency. by allowing to engine to flow more air through (make more "power" ) you also allowing it to do it's job better, which would increase your MPG, Due to the smaller load demands on the engine. For example; if it take 50 hp to keep it going 80 mph, and the engine only makes 100hp, that's 50% load, If you added an intake to the same engine, which gave you 20 more hp, you'd be looking at about 40% load going to same speed of 80, which would increase you efficiency and mileage.

An intake that increases airflow will do just that... give you more air to the manifold. Without a subsequent increase in fuel to compensate, you're just running leaner and increasing mileage, but not hp. Doesn't make sense that you'll increase power by just adding air without reworking the AF ratio, and for that you need tuning. Then you'll have more power -- and reduced mileage since you're using more gas.

I doubt your going to need a substantial increase in fueling needs simply from adding an intake, The factory ECU uses the Front O2 sensor to adjust fuel trims, it's not as good as a proper dyno tune, but I highly doubt that if your only doing an intake for the sound, your not going to waste money getting it tuned. you'd be better off saving money for a turbo kit, sounds a hell of a lot better than an intake.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Just got an email from Stillen asking me if i want to pre-order the dual intake setup. They said they should be ready to ship the week of the 18th (June).

402838 - +STILLEN TWIN HI-FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE 2007 G35 SEDAN INFINITI

I am reaaaaaaalllyyy tempted to go ahead and put my order in and go ahead and order my Eibach pro-kit as well.

Ill give my self a week to hold out..

Last edited by UltimateGee27; 06-06-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
402838 - +STILLEN TWIN HI-FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE 2007 G35 SEDAN INFINITI
est hp gains - 5-10
est hp gains w/ Stillen Sticker - 15-25
Did the email give any idea on the price of the Stillen Sticker option? I'd love to go with the "Dual Sticker" setup. I could deal with an extra 30~50 ponies!!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
I just want to hear the damn sound already--- get it moving viguera

Old 06-05-2007, 11:08 AM
One big motha...
Do the heat shields have an open side to them or do they use the oem "Ram Air" ducts? Just curious b/c if they are closed off I don't see how its going to give any huge change in sound...

Having just plugged all my silencers on the intake it changed very little. The main reason intakes are so loud is b/c they remove the airbox. If the heat shielding is closed off from the engine bay I don't see how it would be any different than a full air box...? am I missing something here?

Old 06-05-2007, 11:36 AM
i have yet to see a picture of the set up so i have no idea how the boxes will go..i hope they are just an arm with filters

Old 06-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Tiger
Did the email give any idea on the price of the Stillen Sticker option? I'd love to go with the "Dual Sticker" setup. I could deal with an extra 30~50 ponies!!

**EDIT** Sorry guys the price i put up earlier was a Jobber price for wholesalers. Retail is as follows:

$399.00 + shipping

not bad for 2 intakes $200.00 each

Seeing as tho i have been buying Stillen products for a very long time , I am very satisfied always with the end product and performance i get. I highly doubt anybody can dispute that.

Last edited by UltimateGee27; 06-06-2007 at 07:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Stillen Dual intake for 07 350Z