My morning at . GTM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by xfactor78
wouldn't it be free for him though? since they tested it on his car?

^ Good joke...

Old 08-01-2008, 02:11 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Christopher____
Holy CRAP !!!!!!!!
I just sat here reading thru all 24 pages, that is some cool shiat man. It cost you alot , but i bet your gonna have alot of fun with it, just dont get careless and break something or hurt yourself, sometimes power can make you do "crazy" stuff. post up vids asap man.
please post the following vids and i know you'll get awesome responses :

in car start up
idle revs inside car
inside car runs
outside car runs
outside car revs
outside car start up

seems like alot, but you'll enjoy them too.
I appreciate the concern. When one get to my age, one learn to take things with a grain of salt and not get sucked into every challenge that comes his way. I have a family to take care of so I really have anything to prove. I was only invincible in my younger days!

As you said ... my big concern is not breaking the car which is why I've been pretty cautious. One thing that worrys me is how fast the car hits redline when I floor it, possibly hitting the rev limiter. I think I would prefer it to shift sooner so the shift kit really should come sooner than later.

As for the videos, sure I'll do them as soon as I get a chance, but believe me, it sounds completely stock (except for the exhaust), both inside and outside when the car starts and idles. The only time it gets interesting is when it is in boost when you get the high pitched whine, the rapid acceleration, and the BOV when you let go of the gas.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:21 AM
^Congrats terry very happy to see this setup go to a sensible man(once you get over "testing" the car ) , cant wait fro some vids for our satisfaction though....

Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 AM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
So what are the final number for HP and torque? It better be making 400 lbs/ft of torque or more at the wheels.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:05 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Um... dyno sheet is up there....?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats terry.. hope everything goes well..

Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Good stuff Terry. Im very happy for you, sounds like you got exactly what you wanted from GTM. Also sounds like GTM did an exceptional job on the entire build. I wish i lived over there on the westcoast....that way i could see ur car a couple of times and say the heck with it and get a TT for my g

Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
I appreciate the concern. When one get to my age, one learn to take things with a grain of salt and not get sucked into every challenge that comes his way. I have a family to take care of so I really have anything to prove. I was only invincible in my younger days!

As you said ... my big concern is not breaking the car which is why I've been pretty cautious. One thing that worrys me is how fast the car hits redline when I floor it, possibly hitting the rev limiter. I think I would prefer it to shift sooner so the shift kit really should come sooner than later.

As for the videos, sure I'll do them as soon as I get a chance, but believe me, it sounds completely stock (except for the exhaust), both inside and outside when the car starts and idles. The only time it gets interesting is when it is in boost when you get the high pitched whine, the rapid acceleration, and the BOV when you let go of the gas.
To add to this, the car is VERY quiet. It actually sounds louder in side than outside. When he flew by me, I didn't actually realize that he went by at WOT because I didn't hear him over my own car. (to be fair, my car isn't the quietest in the world, but I was cruising at ~70 in 6th...)

Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Um... dyno sheet is up there....?
Those are the old numbers...? Is there a new dyno?

This is the only dyno sheet here. 336 lbs/fts of torque which is VERY low.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../gtmdyno11.jpg

For the money he spent which is wayyyy too much it better be making over 400 lbs/fts of torque. 336 is just not going to cut it... at least for me.

Last edited by Andrei; 08-01-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrei

For the money he spent which is wayyyy too much it better be making over 400 lbs/fts of torque. 336 is just not going to cut it... at least for me.

GTM Stg1 TT, 9PSI, FCon iS, 5 A/T, 91 oct.

Nope the torque did not go over 400 ft-lb. Is that what other boosted HR motors with an automatic are putting out?

All I know is that there are some significant differences between the way DE and HR engines breathe which may account for the differences.

It could also by my 2.25" exhaust? I believe most people use 2.5" pipes. Maybe losses between the 5AT and 6MT?

It could also be a blessing in disquise if my drive train lasts longer.

The car is going back to GTM on Monday while I am out of town. I'll see what they say when they look at the tune again.

Last edited by terrycs; 09-25-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:07 PM
^ remember he has an 5 auto so has to stay within the limits of the tranny, however im sure that GTM can produce 400 torque on our cars on MT's or fortified AT... just my 2cents

Old 08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's a nice flat torque curve, this is a very conservative tune.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ remember he has an 5 auto so has to stay within the limits of the tranny, however im sure that GTM can produce 400 torque on our cars on MT's or fortified AT... just my 2cents
Probably so and I hope that you're right for the sake of the money spent.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs

yup, i know about the age thing, it hit me , im 35 now, and stuff changes, you get more responsible & take care of yourself/car with alot more care/concern.. on that note, good luck with it anyway, at least the reliability of the motor/tranny.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrei

That torque is right in line with the amount of power he is putting down. Use the M5 for reference. It was heavily criticized for not increasing torque output vs the previous gen, even with the 100 hp gain. Then people quieted down very quickly after discovering how fast 500 hp is .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!