My morning at . GTM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35_6gear
I am not surprised about the test pipes. I purchased a set of high flow cats for a G37 and they were not even close to fitting my sedan. Wrong angle at the y-pipe and too short as well.
What brand? that should definitely not have been the case.

OEM cats are identical between the '07+ 350Z, '07+ G35 and '08+ G37, so aftermarket pieces made to correct specs should fit.

I ran 'G37' cats on my G35 without issue.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:22 PM
man, how often do y'all get these checks on y'alls cars? Over in Louisiana, you just roll up to a car wash/gas station or Brake tag place, and tell them you want a new inspection sticker, they ask you for milage and drivers license and there you go, he scrapes off old sticker and put on a new one... SOMETIMES you might get busted for tint (usually if its darker than 20%) but rarely. They don't drive your car, hook up your exhaust to anything, or plug anything into your obdII port

Old 07-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
man, how often do y'all get these checks on y'alls cars? Over in Louisiana, you just roll up to a car wash/gas station or Brake tag place, and tell them you want a new inspection sticker, they ask you for milage and drivers license and there you go, he scrapes off old sticker and put on a new one... SOMETIMES you might get busted for tint (usually if its darker than 20%) but rarely. They don't drive your car, hook up your exhaust to anything, or plug anything into your obdII port
on a new car it's not for 6 yrs - then every 2 years thereafter... if the car is sold it needs to be smog inspected (but I'm not sure what the criteria is prior to the first 6 yrs - I think its if its 4 yrs or older)...

Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW!

This is the 1st thread that I've actually read EVERY SINGLE WORD. I'm so excited for you I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve (but all the presents are for you). I applaud you for taking this initiative... more than I could dare. I am watching this post like a hawk!

Just make sure that you remember to update us all once your hands release from the steering wheel and all the shaking stops. Crying is allowed for this momentous occassion. Heck, I might just cry for you once I see the pictures of something that I cant have.

=(

Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by joes954rr
WOW!

This is the 1st thread that I've actually read EVERY SINGLE WORD. I'm so excited for you I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve (but all the presents are for you). I applaud you for taking this initiative... more than I could dare. I am watching this post like a hawk!

I might just cry for you once I see the pictures of something that I cant have.

=(
same here. i just want like 564564354 vids when u get it and go

Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
The car is finally on the dyno! The last I heard a few minutes ago, the output was about that they were expecting (413 to the wheels so far). Sorry, thats all I know.

Originally Posted by suby01
same here. i just want like 564564354 vids when u get it and go

Old 07-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Terry.

Call me and give me updates and a ride.

Stop by Chino today too.

714.313.422eight

Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
The car is finally on the dyno! The last I heard a few minutes ago, the output was about that they were expecting (413 to the wheels so far). Sorry, thats all I know.
What would the implications of putting a Turbo setup like yours on an 07G35X? Is it even possible?
Would the added torque and HP be to much for the AWD?
Curious

Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 PM

I'd love to, but I doubt they will be finished by today. They are still dialing everything in and when they finish, they still have to swap out the test intercooler (with the temp probes) and put mine back in, put the front end back on and button everything else back up.

My guess is they'll probably post up the final information before I pick it up and you guys will see it at the same time I do.

I've learned to be cool and have become numb to the anxiety.

Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Terry.

Call me and give me updates and a ride.

Stop by Chino today too.

714.313.422eight

Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
i don't know how u do it, i would be popping xanax like every 8 hours if i were in your shoes...

Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM

I'd say you can ask GTM, but I think it would be another first. But there's another way to find out ...

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
What would the implications of putting a Turbo setup like yours on an 07G35X? Is it even possible?
Would the added torque and HP be to much for the AWD?
Curious

Old 07-24-2008, 04:38 PM

ran out a few weeks ago ...

Trust me, I'm sure they are sick of my daily calls.

Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
i don't know how u do it, i would be popping xanax like every 8 hours if i were in your shoes...

Old 07-24-2008, 05:20 PM
wow... 400+whp on 91oct. will be a stout street tune for a sedan that only tips the scales around 3,500lbs.

Any plans for a higher octane tune? Any ability to swap maps? How is boost controlled?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cali G
wow... 400+whp on 91oct. will be a stout street tune for a sedan that only tips the scales around 3,500lbs.

Any plans for a higher octane tune? Any ability to swap maps? How is boost controlled?
The HKS CAMP2 has the ability to switch MAPS via a GUI displayed on the nav screen and wired remote control. I don't really plan to be running higher octane gas so I won't need this feature right now. However, there is a gen 1 sedan at GTM scheduled for this mod now. I'm curious to see how it works.

It was explained to me that boost pressure is controlled by wastegate actuator spring selection. The next step up in power upgrade would come from a boost controller and fuel return system.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
I'd love to, but I doubt they will be finished by today. They are still dialing everything in and when they finish, they still have to swap out the test intercooler (with the temp probes) and put mine back in, put the front end back on and button everything else back up.

My guess is they'll probably post up the final information before I pick it up and you guys will see it at the same time I do.

I've learned to be cool and have become numb to the anxiety.
haha! That's the best way to approach things Terry. You never know when something will happen or a little issue will pop up. Minor, little things happened when my G was there too. It's better to just chill and let GTM do their thing. Sam will not let the car leave until it is perfect and he is happy and knows that you will be happy. The wait will be worth it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!