Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
I already have 285's in back.
ohh snap. good to go then...

Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
damn cant wait to see ur beast in some meets!!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
459 is awesome.............. I can't imagine that in this car, what about the torque numbers?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:37 PM
wow, ~460 to the wheels isn't a joke.... Hopefully the auto tranny can handle that daily. When the 7spd comes out, i doubt it'll be able to handle it. It'd probably be like my old TL, it was the first time honda/acura did a 5spd auto, and that sucker broke 4 times on me.... I now don't like buying cars when it's that manufacturers first time making a different tranny.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 PM
There's a woman in Texas who doesn't like you too much, Terry. She's talking about "travelling" and then there's this guy () who is mumbling about FI and more horsepower instead.

The response "Fine, then I'll just go buy a Hayabusa!" tends to calm people down when talking about more horsepower in a car, though. Because evidently people think you die when you get on a motorcycle (as if the previous statement isn't already a testament to maturity).

p.s. Can't wait to see the pictures of your car, sounds great!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
wow, ~460 to the wheels isn't a joke.... Hopefully the auto tranny can handle that daily. When the 7spd comes out, i doubt it'll be able to handle it. It'd probably be like my old TL, it was the first time honda/acura did a 5spd auto, and that sucker broke 4 times on me.... I now don't like buying cars when it's that manufacturers first time making a different tranny.
Remember that the 7 speed is the same tranny that's in the FX50 which has 390 hp and 369 lb/ft of torque. So, it should theoretically be stronger than the G35's 5 speed AT.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jatco makes the autos, not sure on the CVTs.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NICE! . My only thing with them relocating the ICC sensor is if they will be able to correctly calibrate it again.

Last edited by denverinfiniti; 07-26-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ im pretty sure they will not let the car go without confirming it works properly, its a reputable shop which would not want to tarnsih their record, unless the specifically tell teryy that they just cant do it

Old 07-26-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I went to visit my car this morning and check on the progress. I had my DSLR with me, but I get a big FAIL for forgetting to take the battery out of the charger and putting it back into the camera.

As far as the progress is going, the car is pretty much back together. The installation under the hood looked completely factory. If the IC pipes under the hood were anodized black, only someone who knew these cars would be able to tell the car was boosted. The glove box and passenger kick panel are still out because they still needed access to the electronics for tuning. They also haven’t had a chance to play around with reflashing the ECU.

The car starts up perfectly. Believe it or not, it seems to idle even more quietly than before. But because it has test pipes now, the exhaust smell is more noticeable (we were inside the shop though making it more obvious). The car was full of diagnostics equipment so I didn’t get a chance to take it out on the road.

I was told the fuel system had absolutely no problem going up to redline.

The CAMP2 was displaying through the factory LCD screen, but the image flickered just a little in some locations. I’m not sure if it is a signal, ground, or shield problem or if is a limitation on the graphics of the CAMP 2. It was VERY minor and the gauges are legible, but I am quite a perfectionist. I’m certain that this can be corrected either by GTM or with the help of some of my EE friends at work.

The front bumper modifications were still not completed. The intercooler sat perfectly behind the lower center cut out and up behind the cover. The center cutout still needed cleanup work and mesh to be installed. The most drastic change was the ICC sensor move to the driver side bumper cutout. The sensor is so big it protrudes outside the surface of the bumper and did not follow the contours which to me looked pretty bad. I’d prefer removing the ICC sensor and going back to a new stock bumper cover, or if I can get a new bumper cover designed to “hide” the ICC sensor better (Eric … you out there?)

To truly road test the car under all normal driving conditions, they need a few more days before I can get it back.

Below is a plot from the latest dyno run. As of now, they have a 200 HP gain over baseline and the curve is not even flattening out yet. Sorry, no A/F because the probe would not stay in the exhaust tips (but readings from on board sensor worked fine). Keep in mind this is not finalized as they may trim the power back a little.

Last edited by terrycs; 07-26-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by denverinfiniti
NICE! . My only thing with them relocating the ICC sensor is if they will be able to correctly calibrate it again.
It's really just a laser range finder. Moving it should not affect calibration as long as the aimpoint is correct (I used to work with this kinda stuff for weapon fire control systems back in my defense days).

Old 07-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
OMG! That's a huge bump!!! 200HP?!?!?!

oh BTW, I tried to call you several times, Terry. :[

Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
It's really just a laser range finder. Moving it should not affect calibration as long as the aimpoint is correct (I used to work with this kinda stuff for weapon fire control systems back in my defense days).
True. I just know from experience(I work for infiniti of denver) Thats its kinda a pain to get them aimed just right

Old 07-26-2008, 07:14 PM

Hey, you might be the person to ask ... do you think the ICC sensor would work from behind the factory grille? There is actually room in there. I read that someone has mesh in front of theirs and his still worked.

Originally Posted by denverinfiniti
True. I just know from experience(I work for infiniti of denver) Thats its kinda a pain to get them aimed just right

Old 07-26-2008, 07:33 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Sick Terry!!...can't wait to see your ride at the next R&R meet...gotta take me for a spin around the block

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!