Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I love your interfooler very much, sir.

So when is the final ETA?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I . . . . I . . . .I think I'm in loooooove! Nicely done!!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
sick setup

Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
At first, I thought is was a wired remote, but when they showed it to me, it was wireless, about 1" x 2" x 3/16" thick (approx). I was kinda surprised the CAMP2 also has audio output. Sounds almost like a wii going through the menu picks.

Because it has the audio output, I'm trying to figure out if limit alarms can be set on the monitored sensors. I'd also like to figure out how to use the CAMP2 to play the audio alarm (over riding the radio) if a sensor is out of range. This would be handy for day to day driving because realistic operation would be normal audio for the day to day drive, then switch over to gauges for "spirited" driving.

I'm looking forward to playing around with the CAMP2's capabilities when I'm not driving the car.
That's awesome. I can envision you doing a lot of sitting in the driveway, car on, a/c on... tewaking and adjusting. very cool.

one other question, where does the camp 2hook into the system? is it going through the center console up to the obdII or is it something different?

Old 07-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
screen shot is sick.... almost like gt-r!!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by sredish
That's awesome. I can envision you doing a lot of sitting in the driveway, car on, a/c on... tewaking and adjusting. very cool.

one other question, where does the camp 2hook into the system? is it going through the center console up to the obdII or is it something different?
It gets data from the F-Con iS, the OBD-II port, and an interface unit (kinda like a hub) to which all add on sensors are connected. There is a good description and schematic on the HKS website:

http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3474

Old 07-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The torque output is very flat (good)... Engine torque multiplied by RPM torque = horsepower.

Doesn't matter if torque 'seems' low... more revolutions adds mechanical torque.

Your transmission also adds mechanical torque in the form of gear multiplication. That's why 1st gear has much more power than 2nd, which has much more than 3rd etc. The limitation with gearing is your maximum RPM (and is also why a modified final drive an result in a faster car, without increasing the output of the engine in any way).

Great results, want to see the final tune

Have they figured out the ICC sensor?

Old 07-27-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
The torque output is very flat (good)... Engine torque multiplied by RPM torque = horsepower.

Doesn't matter if torque 'seems' low... more revolutions adds mechanical torque.

Your transmission also adds mechanical torque in the form of gear multiplication. That's why 1st gear has much more power than 2nd, which has much more than 3rd etc. The limitation with gearing is your maximum RPM (and is also why a modified final drive an result in a faster car, without increasing the output of the engine in any way).

Great results, want to see the final tune

Have they figured out the ICC sensor?
That ICC sensor is a big PITA. I was reading over the service manual and aiming that thing looks pretty time consuming requiring a targeting board. The current placement is not very appealing because it obviously looks out of place.

I think I have 2 options:

1) Switch over to a sport bumper without ICC because the current one has been cut up which would leave a nasty looking cut out, then going with Ionic's grille and hiding the ICC behind the mesh. befree112 is already using the ICC behind mesh without problems and everything will have a finished and factory look. How much is a painted sport bumper cover without ICC anyways?

or

2) Get a one of a kind bumper cover designed.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm sure Eric can help you out with a one-off

How about going for a 'stock' look and putting the ICC in front of the intercooler? (pretty sure it's too big for that... but was a good idea in theory )

Old 07-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the intercooler rub? Looks like it's touching the bumper facsia to me (just from the pictures).

WOW, I love the interface on the factory screen. This thing looks INCREDIBLE Terry. Congrats. You better have a video camera (or buy one) to get some real-time in car clips. I want to see some smiling. =)

Old 07-28-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by joes954rr
Does the intercooler rub? Looks like it's touching the bumper facsia to me (just from the pictures).

WOW, I love the interface on the factory screen. This thing looks INCREDIBLE Terry. Congrats. You better have a video camera (or buy one) to get some real-time in car clips. I want to see some smiling. =)
It is close, but the intercooler does not rub. They still need to do some clean up on the bumper cover too so there will be more material removed.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is crazy! I can't wait to see it when its done! How long has the shop had it?

Old 07-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by drunkmunkee25
This is crazy! I can't wait to see it when its done! How long has the shop had it?
Way long ... going on 6 weeks. They're pretty meticulous.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
BTW .. because of you, GTM is throwing in a 100 octane MAP for me! It'll make the CAMP2 more useful.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is there no video of this yet... the anticipation is killing me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!