My morning at . GTM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Hey, you might be the person to ask ... do you think the ICC sensor would work from behind the factory grille? There is actually room in there. I read that someone has mesh in front of theirs and his still worked.
It can work from behind the factory grill as long as the mount is (VERY VERY) secure. It will have to be calibrated and aimed correctly; this will have to be a custom job due to the height change, and may not work perfectly, since the sensor wasn't designed to work from that high up. Even the sensor on the QX/FX are pretty low to the ground.

It'll take some research, but I'm sure it can be done

Old 07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My icc sensor is behind the factory mesh (due to dealer mistake) and it works without any issues. I think it will work as long as it doesn't cover the eye(s) of the sensor.

You can probably look up the calibration instructions from the service manual if it doesn't work from behind the grille.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
sick so what is the estimated complete date??? this comming week

Old 07-26-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
A few shots courtesy of GTM:

Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 PM
SICK!!!! I want to fly to cali just to see your car

Old 07-26-2008, 09:18 PM
damm terry that is looking amazing!!!!!! those numbers so far on the dyno are pretty impressive...cant wait to get some sound clips

congrats once again

Old 07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
terry, how do you scroll through the different options? is there a wired or wireless remote for the camp 2? look pretty sweet. looks almost like a stock motor under the hood with a pair of Injens or something. Nice and clean.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by sredish
terry, how do you scroll through the different options? is there a wired or wireless remote for the camp 2? look pretty sweet. looks almost like a stock motor under the hood with a pair of Injens or something. Nice and clean.
At first, I thought is was a wired remote, but when they showed it to me, it was wireless, about 1" x 2" x 3/16" thick (approx). I was kinda surprised the CAMP2 also has audio output. Sounds almost like a wii going through the menu picks.

Because it has the audio output, I'm trying to figure out if limit alarms can be set on the monitored sensors. I'd also like to figure out how to use the CAMP2 to play the audio alarm (over riding the radio) if a sensor is out of range. This would be handy for day to day driving because realistic operation would be normal audio for the day to day drive, then switch over to gauges for "spirited" driving.

I'm looking forward to playing around with the CAMP2's capabilities when I'm not driving the car.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:25 AM
teamsolo.net im-integline
my god terry that is so clean! SO CLEAN!!!! Congrats. i hope it gets done soon.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
You should go for it Terry. Have them program a 100 octane map for you.

Here's a list of Unocal 76 gas stations in So Cal that sell 100 octane gas:

http://personal.linkline.com/dbarton..._in_SoCal.html

Huntington Beach or Orange should be close to you, right?
BTW .. because of you, GTM is throwing in a 100 octane MAP for me! It'll make the CAMP2 more useful.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jesus terry!!! Congrats bro!! The navi integration with your FCon came out wonderful bro!! Insane setup kid!

Old 07-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
At first, I thought is was a wired remote, but when they showed it to me, it was wireless, about 1" x 2" x 3/16" thick (approx). I was kinda surprised the CAMP2 also has audio output. Sounds almost like a wii going through the menu picks.

Because it has the audio output, I'm trying to figure out if limit alarms can be set on the monitored sensors. I'd also like to figure out how to use the CAMP2 to play the audio alarm (over riding the radio) if a sensor is out of range. This would be handy for day to day driving because realistic operation would be normal audio for the day to day drive, then switch over to gauges for "spirited" driving.

I'm looking forward to playing around with the CAMP2's capabilities when I'm not driving the car.
are u able to look at the camp2 stuff on our screen while driving? or does the car have to be in park?

Old 07-27-2008, 02:49 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Torque is a lot lower than I except HP is nothing. Torque is important. It's lower than what some people get with a ST system on a 1st gen sedan.

I like how everything works on the nav screen

Old 07-27-2008, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaPower
are u able to look at the camp2 stuff on our screen while driving? or does the car have to be in park?
Yes, the CAMP2 will play on the move right now because I have the KP Tech nav bypass module and I am bypassing the e-brake switch. Again, this is only temporary and not the ideal setup because it is going through the AUX inputs ... the radio will not play when the gauges are displayed.

I am pretty sure I know how to go directly into the LCD composite inputs, but won't be able to play with it until I get my car back. That would allow the gauges to display and the radio to play at the same time.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Andrei
Torque is a lot lower than I except HP is nothing. Torque is important. It's lower than what some people get with a ST system on a 1st gen sedan.

I like how everything works on the nav screen
Very observant. GTM is also aware of the torque output and are still playing around with the tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!