My morning at . GTM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds familiar.... my G was there for almost 3 months! Of course the end result is always good but wow i did not think it would take that long!! Good luck on everything man, hope to see it soon.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh man that Sucks!
I Hope they Supply that Exhaust for you!!!
Man Once again i dont know how you are been patient!?
But yet agin theres really Nothing you can do but keep waiting!??
..and since it's seems ur not as pissed off were all pissed off for you!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by balla
sounds familiar.... my G was there for almost 3 months! Of course the end result is always good but wow i did not think it would take that long!! Good luck on everything man, hope to see it soon.
that's redonk. a full engine build should never take longer than a month, EVER....

Old 10-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Here we go again with GTM screw ups...
I think before we start pointing fingers...we need to hear from GTM. This is a prototype build for the sedan and I am sure once they figure it out it will all be good.

It sucks for Terry because he was under the assumption it would work like the G37, but I think from after diving into the car GTM discovered how different it really was from the G37.

It would be nice if Sam could chime in.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow bro, sorry to hear of all these troubles

Old 10-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Sound to me like your project is on the backburner and they are working on the projects that are bringing in new cash first... I would be livid if my car had that much downtime.

Last edited by CrazyRuskie; 10-31-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
question is, in the end, would you do it again?

Old 10-31-2008, 02:23 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
All I can say is “wow” … I got back to my PC a little while ago and saw all these posts and a bunch of new PMs. First off, I appreciate all the sympathy. I’d be lying if I said the situation isn’t frustrating at the moment because it really is. I’m fairly certain that GTM is frustrated as well … getting beat by excessive smoke? With the experience of all the cars they have done, this would normally be a piece of cake, so I have given them the benefit of the doubt that this was no “normal” smoking issue.

The problem was originally oil from the turbo(s). That HAS to be positively fixed or any new exhaust will suffer the same fate. They ordered straight pipes from Fast Intentions to help isolate which side the smoke was coming from. I was told they did some things when they saw smoke coming from the driver’s side. Now that the car no longer smokes with the straight pipes on, I assume they fixed the leak and that there is no oil in the rear mufflers. But the last time they put the center muffler back on, smoke would appear again, so it would seem the center muffler is probably saturated with oil.

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
I'm really sorry for what you're going through, and you really need to start looking for other solutions. GTM is using your car as a prototype, and I'd say it's wrong if they won't compensate you for all the troubles and down times until this day!

I'm pretty sure Sam will make everything right, but I'd be outta my mind if I wasn't able to drive my car for this long!
I'm sure GTM will succeed in the end. There are really only two options. If they actually can't get the FI to work, then I'll gladly go back to N/A. I'd prefer they simply focus on getting my car back to me instead of compensating me. I hope we can work something out in that department later because it's always better to build up a working relationship. BTW ... don't think that I'm having a ball sitting at home reading about all the meets and gatherings! Wish I could have driven it at Fontana this weekend too!

Originally Posted by jsmonet
might need a new exhaust? lol come the *(*&(* on now. if there's just some oil residue left in the pipes, then they should toss it on a living g35 and drive around with it for 20-30 minutes
Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t think anyone knows how saturated the muffler is or if there is anything in there at all. The most cost effective test in terms of time and $$ would probably be replace the center section with a new one.

Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^+1 or they need to buy you the new exhaust as it is not your fault... Wow, terry no matter how hard you try to keep GTM out of bad light this is getting ridiculus, its not even my car and im ready to pull my hair out for what they're doing to you, we need sam to help the current customers that are having problems with their products first then worry about all the SEMA stuff..
Yup … they have already told me I probably need a new exhaust and that was in discussions with JWT. My exhaust was already on the car when I brought it in so they knew what they had to work with. Since it's not smoking with the rear mufflers on, they are probably OK. As far as I know GTM (or Sam?) was not going to SEMA.

Originally Posted by LiquidGx
For heavens sake, just burn it out.
I hope I don't find 2,000 miles on my odometer! I'm guessing new exhaust would be cheaper for both of us.

Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Wooooo, i would delete those links before Terry see's them i might make him feel worried, but on the other hand that would help him be aware of the issues and be ready as this case being his bases if things go wrong, though i hope everything works out....
I've been reading that stuff since day one. The FI "sub-community" is pretty small and everyone talks. My situation is quite different because GTM is the only one that has touched the car so there is no finger pointing. They have a lot of pride at stake in this project.

Originally Posted by Beltran1129
Oh man that Sucks!
I Hope they Supply that Exhaust for you!!!
Man Once again i dont know how you are been patient!?
But yet agin theres really Nothing you can do but keep waiting!??
..and since it's seems ur not as pissed off were all pissed off for you!!!
I'm sure they'll do what's right. Again, it appears the situations not good right now, but the story isn't over. No sense in going ballistic right now, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
that's redonk. a full engine build should never take longer than a month, EVER....
I can’t confirm or deny this as I don’t have the expertise. But I am not naïve enough to think that there is a dedicated Tech on the car for 8 hours per day.

Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
question is, in the end, would you do it again?
I’ll hold off answering until I get my car back so I can summarize everything … but if GTM hands me a check for $15K … I am 100% certain I would say yes, I would do it again!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs

I can’t confirm or deny this as I don’t have the expertise. But I am not naïve enough to think that there is a dedicated Tech on the car for 8 hours per day.
GTM, yes that huge shop, has only 3 techs. That's why everything takes forever there. plus they take on way too many cars, so they have far too much to do, which makes everything take longer. If you are paying as much as your are for their service, most people would justifiably expect that the only time that your car isn't worked on, is when the shop is waiting for parts, or dyno time.

All this said, I'm sure once you get your car done you will be more than happy with it, once all of your problems are tackled.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
this is interesting ^_^

Old 11-01-2008, 03:54 AM
teamsolo.net im-integline
WOWOWWOWOWOWO!! Dude my heart aches for you! i can't even imagine 1 week car less, your going on months.

I hope and know Sam will do you right in the end.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
I think before we start pointing fingers...we need to hear from GTM. This is a prototype build for the sedan and I am sure once they figure it out it will all be good.

It sucks for Terry because he was under the assumption it would work like the G37, but I think from after diving into the car GTM discovered how different it really was from the G37.

It would be nice if Sam could chime in.
There are significant differences between the sedan kit and the coupe kit. I was told the clearances in front of the radiator are different. In addition, I have ICC and their shop G37 did not. GTM learned the kits for the three platforms (G sedan, G coupe and Z's) are all different after they began work on my car. And each platform has unique options.

It definetly became an R&D project.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Terry PM me I heard good news regarding your car as well as the nature of your problem.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:10 PM
teamsolo.net im-integline
hmmmmmmmmmmmm...?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
You drive around with test pipes and no center muffler?

My car is one step short of straight pipes and no mufflers (I still have the two rear mufflers on).

I have dual 3" downpipes (not 2.5) and dual 3" exhaust with a large center magnaflow muffler and dual 5x8 oval rear mufflers. Take out that center and it would be a lot louder.

When I went from the dual 2.25 borla to custom dual 3" it did get louder but not bad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!