My morning at . GTM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow. I thought this project was done 2 months ago. Hope everything works out Terry

Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Wow....

It's been a long time since I have read this thread. I can't believe they are taking this long on your car. I understand they have to keep jobs going that will pay the bills but they should be putting some more time into your car to get it back to you. I would have lost my patience a long time ago. My full motor build project took just over 3 weeks including all the custom work we did and some extra time because UMS tore the motor back down and rebuilt it twice because Tony was not 100% happy with the results. I was going nuts with that amount of time. If I had to go 4 months I would loose my mind!! Not having another car to drive must be causing a lot of problems by now?

I think we all know GTM will not give you any money back but it's time for a big discount on a tranny upgrade.

Good luck, I hope they finish it up soon.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big Time discount if not at least 1/2 off!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Wow....

It's been a long time since I have read this thread. I can't believe they are taking this long on your car. I understand they have to keep jobs going that will pay the bills but they should be putting some more time into your car to get it back to you. I would have lost my patience a long time ago. My full motor build project took just over 3 weeks including all the custom work we did and some extra time because UMS tore the motor back down and rebuilt it twice because Tony was not 100% happy with the results. I was going nuts with that amount of time. If I had to go 4 months I would loose my mind!! Not having another car to drive must be causing a lot of problems by now?

I think we all know GTM will not give you any money back but it's time for a big discount on a tranny upgrade.

Good luck, I hope they finish it up soon.
I agree I would have gone bananas by now. I know you guys came to a agreement on the work and prices for stuff and the possibilities that some thing could happen but this is craziness. At this point you should not have to pay for any labor and only cost on parts. They will make their money if this kit ever gets finished and people but it. The test car should not lose their shirt and or car for months..Just my .02..

Old 10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They're already making money on the kit... there's a few of these running around, but all on coupes.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
They are doing all the R&D on your car, and you are getting screwed in the end.

At this point I would pick the car up and go to another shop that can complete the work in less than 3-4 months.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 PM
ya same here i was all excited when you took the decision to boost your car and the money too would be ok for at most 2 months.
but your way over that. i mean i admire your patience i would of been flipping ape !@# by now.
i really do hope they hook you up with some major discountage..thats all customer service i mean just take a look at all the thread views and you comming back and sayin hi guys its still busted. umm thats not cool.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:32 AM
teamsolo.net im-integline
Originally Posted by TURBOTOM

At this point I would pick the car up and go to another shop that can complete the work in less than 3-4 months.
GTM is one of the best and i wouldn't go as far as taking car from them but i would look into a beater or have GTM give u a shop car.

I feel your pain brother man i feel your pain

Old 10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by solopresident
GTM is one of the best and i wouldn't go as far as taking car from them but i would look into a beater or have GTM give u a shop car.

I feel your pain brother man i feel your pain
ya like a TT 350 or a GTR

Old 10-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TURBOTOM

I honestly would have too. I was calling Scott daily, and he only had my car for a couple of days.

I hope the discount is worth it. I'm sure GTM will do well in the end, but the waiting must be killer.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Grocery getter

I would not take my car from them. I'm sure they are doing all this "warranty" work for free and no other shop will do anything like that. Just stay on them or your car may just sit for days at a time. That's not a bash on GTM, most shops can be like that. They focus their time on jobs that will pay, not jobs that have paid...

Old 10-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Grocery getter

Heard a rumor at HIN tonight that you were getting your car back this weekend. True/False?

Old 10-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Any Regrets?

Terry, I remember a post (somewhere) that was emotionally charged and had much merit… stated that you were considering the build and spoke to wife about expense – an obvious serious consideration… you mentioned that you don’t want to regret spending this kind of money on the car and not on the home (or something to that effect) – as I recall, your wife had a very profound response: You would (might) regret it more if you didn’t do it (I don’t know verbatim how it went, but that was the gist)…

Even before this, it had an impact how much dedication to your passion and how much dedication from your wife this whole project entailed. Quite intense really.

Having that as history, if you don’t mind me asking… do you regret it?

Old 10-19-2008, 11:38 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
I thought this project was done 2 months ago...
So did I.

Originally Posted by suby01
... i really do hope they hook you up with some major discountage..thats all customer service i mean just take a look at all the thread views and you comming back and sayin hi guys its still busted. umm thats not cool.
In all fairness, I agreed to the price so I don't know if they'll do any more. I just was not prepared for the delays.

Originally Posted by solopresident
I didn't think about the shop car ... I coulda been driving around the TT G37!

Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
I hope the discount is worth it. I'm sure GTM will do well in the end, but the waiting must be killer.
We'll see. I'm absolutely positive they will get it done right. Yes, the waiting is most definetly killer.

Originally Posted by ttrank
Heard a rumor at HIN tonight that you were getting your car back this weekend. True/False?
I wish I knew. This is a pretty high profile product for GTM and I'm sure your source at HIN is pretty well connected to GTM so this is a great sign! Progress notes in the next post.

Originally Posted by OCG35
Having that as history, if you don’t mind me asking… do you regret it?
I would be lying if I said we didn’t regret it right now at this very moment … but that is an emotional response made in haste. I can say for the brief time I got it back (between the end of July and the day of the BBQ) that it was a blast to drive to work every day. In keeping a positive attitude, I’d like to hold off on answering until I get the car back and drive it around for a while.

Last edited by terrycs; 10-20-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:55 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
As of Saturday, GTM has learned/done the following:
  • They were data logging the crankcase pressure.
  • The opening in the valve cover breather is actually quite small on the HR.
  • The crankcase is now totally vented.
  • They have been monitoring the oil pressure to the turbos. An additional restrictor was installed to reduce the high oil pressure at the turbo oil inlet.
  • They have been in communications with Garrett for their input.
  • They have tried thicker oil.
  • Test pipes from FI were installed. Car is hella loud right now! The car initially smoked on driver’s side, but stopped.
  • Car has very high vacuum.
  • Another possibility is oil or oil vapor in the center muffler itself.
  • On a positive note … the car is no longer smoking. They are backtracking all the changes to find the root cause of the smoking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!