Car died on the highway. Need help from Techs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bro! I am really sorry for you! that really sucks! I wish u the best of luck!!!

Thats kinda scares me , since I also have the Stillen Pulley (NOT under-drive). Any suggetions ? should I take the pulley off?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
thanks everyone for the condolences.

for my parts i just had all bolt ons and tune no FI.

talked to the dealer they were able to give me a "discount" so its going to be $13,000 out the door should have the car back by the end of the week.

and yes i would not recommend putting pulleys on. it wasnt totally my fault the key lock on the camshaft got worn and broke off.
i mean how many times did i have the camshaft sensors replaced 5 times. those times i was pretty much still stock. so there had to have been some kind of factory defect already. and by me adding 50hp just sped it up to breaking at 25k miles not 50k or 70k.

once again thanks everyone ill have some pics up of the surgery later on.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:32 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
huh, what did you get 50hp from? the pulleys?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
everything that i had done. all bolt ons and tune.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Suby... anything new to report yet?

Old 07-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off, im sorry to hear about this and it is my biggest fear that it will happen to me......i have been having intermittent issues with my exhaust valve timing sensor for the past month or so.

apparently it has a bad connection of some sort.
Symptoms:
The exhaust tone will change to a flat ugly note
itll have a slight miss to it while under part throttle accelleration-bumpiness
it will idle at 900-1000rpm with that slight bump in the note
and power will be very flat(missing about 20-30hp)

Thing is, if i pull the plug on the sensors and clean them with electronic cleaner, its back to strong running again. I believe its the connection, but i also know that nissan has a history with camshaft/crankshaft sensors going bad....

i am questioning weather i should continue on with this car or part out and go get an M45 like i have wanted to. I might need to start another thread on this issue.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that bro.but mann.. $13000? wtf! Goodluck with the car.Keep us post.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:29 PM
here are some pics of the operation.

WARNING not a pretty sight.

but heres the update everyone.

three weeks and $13,000 later. got it back. like new. got it back this sat. the reason why i wasnt on here before because i was #$%@% and then when i got it back i wasnt on here cuz i was out and enjoying my car back.

they seemed to put everything back together correctly. engines new squeeky clean. 150miles on it since sat, just sucks im back at the break in period meaning i actually have to drive it slow. wtf. if you know me you can feel for me how hard thats to do.

if it wasnt for them charging me for the reassembly i would of towed the car down to cali and had a TT setup put in for a couple $$ more. but so be it it is what it is. that was just like heyy heres 5k for nothing just so u can give me my car back.

believe me i didnt like spending 13000 dollars as much as you thinking about me doing it.

as far as performance mods for me now left is the intake high flow cats and catback exhaust. along with the full suspension and brakes. they said that if i leave it like that they shouldnt see any type of warranty problem in the future.

oh and a LOL note.
when i went to the cashier to check out. it was like 5465403540 papers of paperwork w.e i hand it to the lady and then hand my credit card to her and im like 12000 on the card and the rest cash.
shes just laughs OOH OOK. and takes the papers and trying to look for the total.
im like heres my card can you swipe it?
shes like so how much on the card?
12000!
ok really?
i just told you look at the receipt.
shes like OMG really you werent kidding me im so sorry what happened is everything ok?
yes great fine i see my car shiny parked outside and im standing here talking to you :ank and not out :rice so can you swipe this !@#$ thing and i can be
so she did signed it over and i was out. shes felt kinda dumb i have no idea what went through her head but i was like its ok your still cool and have a wonderful weekend she smiled and handed me the keys.

any other questions?? comments.
other than that thanks everyone for being with me through this.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow.... You took all of that a lot better than me....

Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Holy crap... like a scene out of a horror movie or something.
Guts everywhere! :O

Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow did you take it to a dealer or some auto shop? and did you even try to talk them down some? that is so much i wouldnt even fit it! thats over half the cost of my car now - u must love your g that much =D

Old 07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wait so you DONT have an aftermarket pulley. he blamed it on a damaged pulley but thats stock. you should have fight them in court over this, they can never prove total engine failure from simple intake and exhaust!

my guess you have crapload of spare cash and you didnt want to bother lol.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by mifesto
wait so you DONT have an aftermarket pulley. he blamed it on a damaged pulley but thats stock. you should have fight them in court over this, they can never prove total engine failure from simple intake and exhaust!

my guess you have crapload of spare cash and you didnt want to bother lol.
what????
lol please take time to read entire thread. after that if your still confused i can respond.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by scottsG
wow did you take it to a dealer or some auto shop? and did you even try to talk them down some? that is so much i wouldnt even fit it! thats over half the cost of my car now - u must love your g that much =D
dealer i wouldnt trust anyone else doing this type of thing to my car. unless if was a forced induction setup. they flew some special tech dude guy from infiniti to piece it all together. because noone around here knew wtf to do with a HR motor because ummmmm...they dont break.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Wow,,, Glad your back Sube!!!! what an ordeal....... I personally think the worst part of it is the " hostage" situation, they had on your torn down motor... Its like they were gonna get your money one way or the other... I hope ya can bounce back financially also,,, thats a huge hit. If ya ever bought another kind of car,, i would drive that bitch right into there service bay, honk, and wave......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car died on the highway. Need help from Techs