Car died on the highway. Need help from Techs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by suby01
ya i dont know the legal process. maybe it differs from state to state. but when my lawyer requested that and they refused to provided he said the same thing. thats its pretty much a win for me because they did not want to provide files or whatever its called.

but then some law or whatever protects them from doing that also, and they could of or would need to provide that to the jury or whoever in court im guessing, but not to you or your lawyer.
once again i dont know anything but ive tried and got nowhere. i diddnt go as far as in the court room, so i dont know the process or w.e.

If it goes to trial, there will be a discovery process that would happen before the trial. All evidence is typically handed over at that time. Any supporting documentation from Infiniti should be included in that. With that said, it would likely take some time to get to that point, so it would be a waiting game, and I don't know that waiting for anything is the best thing in this case.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
If it goes to trial, there will be a discovery process that would happen before the trial. All evidence is typically handed over at that time. Any supporting documentation from Infiniti should be included in that. With that said, it would likely take some time to get to that point, so it would be a waiting game, and I don't know that waiting for anything is the best thing in this case.
right. exactly before actual trial or who knows when that will be??

if you just take your lawyer or send them a letter saying...hi can you please give me some paperwork supporting your decision. they laugh in your face pretty much.

sure, anyone can go and sue them end up with hearing process or whatever and go from there, and youll get the paperwork BUT thats months down to road and storage fees for the broken car also.

(they wanted my answer immediately from me what i wanted to do when i went on sat morning..that either im fixing it for 13 grand or want it back for 5 grand. because their bay is used up and they are losing so much money and will charge me $100+++ a day to keep it there. at least i was able to fight that and didnt have to pay additional fees and got to wait until next tues afternoon, because i wanted to see which route i was going to go with, since my other option was to turbo it or just get rid of it and get a yaris or something instead.)

and car rental fees for Uga just like he said he needs and without a 100% known outcome.

Last edited by suby01; 08-11-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(they wanted my answer immediately from me what i wanted to do when i went on sat morning..that either im fixing it for 13 grand or want it back for 5 grand. because their bay is used up and they are losing so much money and will charge me $100+++ a day to keep it there.

Dam that's pretty uncaring and unprofessional for a dealership to tell there customer to make a split second or even day or two decision over a $13000 repair bill.

Heres another idea. Big company's don't like bad publicity that has the potential to inform many people. I have read that some people have posted comments on twitter with good out comesonce the companys found out they changed there storys and helped the customers. Just make sure you only state the true facts and how you feel you are being treated.

I know it sounds funny but the squeky wheel gets the oil.
http://consumerist.com/consumer/howt...win-227542.php

Last edited by kid4now; 08-11-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Just ran across this,

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/pts/1318819835.html

up for sale is a healthy infiniti g35 2008 engine and transmission complete with all sensors and ecu low mileage swap for 2200 obo
front headlights 200 obo
hood 175 0b0
fenders 150 obo
bumper 125obo
rear bumper 125 obo
exhaust piping 250 obo
anything else you may want or need let me know i might have it or can get it prices are negotiable and will do trades for honda parts and cash depending on what u give me
give me a call or text anytime 786 488 9115 Eddie thank you for looking

Old 08-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
So whats the update? any good news from the dealership?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have some great news guys. got a call from the service manager yesterday, the engine will be covered under warranty! they want me to put the stock air box back on but i was going to do that anyway.

my service manager told me that the call from corporate did wonders. thanks for the great advice guys, it was really helpful hearing the different routes i could take to reach a solution for this problem. it seems like infiniti corporate cares a ton about the reputation of their brand. i have received many follow-up calls from corporate including today.

it's pretty crazy to think just a few days ago i thought i had no options left. i will be making a trip up to the dealership soon to drop off my stock air intake...im pretty elated right now from this news. i just wanted to make sure i let you guys know how great of a company infiniti is and this makes me wanna put twin turbos on my car!!! jk...but it does however make me believe that nissan/infiniti is still a great company who does stand behind their product a 100%.

even if i had to pay for repairs, i would've had nothing bad to say about the company, but now i only have good things to say about them forever. again, i really appreciate all your help guys. thanks

Old 08-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow.... awesome news.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS UGA!!!!! This is wonderful news!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
So, how long before you put your intake back on?

Great news, congrats on getting this all worked out. You should consider yourself lucky and help out Suby by paying half his bill... No?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:54 PM
lol, well i'll probably be selling my cold air intake system for cheap...either that or give it to my buddy with a '07 350z...probably the latter

i consider myself too lucky at this point...i'm thinking about picking some numbers for the lotto tonight in fact lol...146 mill would be nice haha.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Great news. Im glad its working out.

Brad

Old 08-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
lol, well i'll probably be selling my cold air intake system for cheap...either that or give it to my buddy with a '07 350z...probably the latter

i consider myself too lucky at this point...i'm thinking about picking some numbers for the lotto tonight in fact lol...146 mill would be nice haha.
You win 146 Mil and all I ask for is twin snails!

Old 08-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by kid4now
Great news. Im glad its working out.

Brad
hey brad, i really appreciate you shedding light on the situation and talking some sense into me.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:18 AM
No problem. Like I said I m glad its working out. There's always a small chance to get things worked out in your favor and this timed it seems to be paying off.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 PM
i definitely learned some valuable lessons from all this. make sure to take off all performance mods before taking the car to the dealership...and, if the dealership doesn't budge, corporate is a good try.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car died on the highway. Need help from Techs