New ART Pipes fella here :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
New ART Pipes fella(Updated)!

Hi fellas . .

First of all, i'm not used to put reviews here, so plz excuse me if u come a cross with some mistakes. I'll try to cover everything you need to know anyways

I got my package yesterday, and i just installed my pipes immediately, couldn't wait any single minute,lol
NOW GUYS . . IF YOU REALLY WANNA DO GOOD FOR YOUR CARS, THEN YOU SHOULD GET THOSE, IT'S A MUST, THESE ARE THE BEST THING EVER BUILT FOR OUR HR ENGINES !

PERFORMANCE:
I've never experienced such aggressive performance since i started modifying my car. Now With these pipes, I really got the most gain ever, neither my CB nor my tune did provide me this amount of power! I LITERALLY GOT A NOTICEABLE MASSIVE PERFORMANCE, TRUST ME !

FITMENT:
Great ! they do fit our HR sedans and coupes without any single modification.These are built in a unique design, matched with a separated n welded cylinder that would hold the air and release it as a back pressure, now this where the magic and performance come from, good job Tony

Sound:
when i ordered these, i was a bit worried that they may give a louder sound than my HFC, but i was surprised that they do sound as loud as my HFC but with a different nice tone. So you should be fine with your neighbors,lol

Now let's go drama a lil :
Next morning, i turned my car on, then a CEL popped on all of sudden.
Now i don't really wanna come to a conclusion here or refer it to the pipes design or quality. No not at all . . . these are well designed with good O2 ports built in. but it must be the labors who must of have done a mistake while installing the same . . i've been all the time watching them with
i just didn't feel good about the way they were working.

Anyways. i need ur help now, what do you guys usually do in this case? how can i fix this ?

can i drive the car with a CEL for a couple days ? cuz i'm way far from the city now, and i can only go back within 4 days.

The car cuts in 40km by the way

Edit:
Ok guys . . i scanned ma car today n i got this code P0031.
what does it refer to ? O2 sensor failure maybe ? are they broken ?should i replace them . . or it's just i need to tune my A/F ratio ?

Last edited by Glover997; 07-03-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
You could try putting a spacer on the 02 sensor to try and prevent it.

You can drive with a CEL just fine, i have been doing it for awhile now.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ if thats the issue then you'll be fine, however if they damaged your O2 sensor then you need to replace it else your car will start hesitating and cutting off, take to local auto store to get the code.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Yea if you switched from the OEM to ART pipes then they could potentially strip the sensor.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ if thats the issue then you'll be fine, however if they damaged your O2 sensor then you need to replace it else your car will start hesitating and cutting off, take to local auto store to get the code.
it did hesitate and cut off already, but only in one time when i was driving in 40km, thereafter i didn't experienced so.

i'm also worried that my uprev tune may get affected due to this, and starts recording wrong Fuel/Air ratio or what so ever . . so the performance wud get affected accordingly ! what do u think ?

Old 06-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by apexi957
Yea if you switched from the OEM to ART pipes then they could potentially strip the sensor.
No !
i used to run a HFC before these with zero problems.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Take it to a auto store to check for a code. The 02 sensor is P430 or 440 or something like that.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by apexi957
Take it to a auto store to check for a code. The 02 sensor is P430 or 440 or something like that.
i would attend it immediately. problem is, i'm doing a night shift duty and i can't go back to my city before 1st of July. Meanwhile, i hope i can drive the car without any problems.

The following users liked this post:
mikesz (11-19-2017)
Old 06-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Check to make sure the bolts at the inlet flange are tight. Leaks are the #1 cause of a CEL coming on.

Air can actually get pulled into the exhaust system during the scavenging phase of the exhaust pulse. When the air flows down to the sensor, the sensor will send improper A/F measurements to the ECU and throw a CEL.

Check for a leak and get the code number.

Tony

The following 2 users liked this post by Hydrazine:
G35Papa (07-06-2011), gambit2083 (08-24-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Check to make sure the bolts at the inlet flange are tight. Leaks are the #1 cause of a CEL coming on.

Air can actually get pulled into the exhaust system during the scavenging phase of the exhaust pulse. When the air flows down to the sensor, the sensor will send improper A/F measurements to the ECU and throw a CEL.

Check for a leak and get the code number.

Tony
i see !
can't get any better answer.

Thank you Tony

Old 06-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The shop that performed my install damaged my o2 sensor which caused a CEL and hesitation at certain times. I would definitely get your car checked and read the codes from the OBII scanner.

Keep us updated and let us know what codes you're getting. I got P1148 and that's the sensor on the exhaust manifold in the headers. That's the front o2 a/f sensor. It was bad due to the removal of the OEM cats. Usually from pounding and hammering out the top bolt.

Keep us updated!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by OMG35S
The shop that performed my install damaged my o2 sensor which caused a CEL and hesitation at certain times. I would definitely get your car checked and read the codes from the OBII scanner.

Keep us updated and let us know what codes you're getting. I got P1148 and that's the sensor on the exhaust manifold in the headers. That's the front o2 a/f sensor. It was bad due to the removal of the OEM cats. Usually from pounding and hammering out the top bolt.

Keep us updated!
I will . . Thanx a lot for ur response

Last edited by Glover997; 06-28-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG35S

Keep us updated!
Did you just have to replace the sensor to fix the CEL?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How bad does the ART's smell I'm getting mine in 2 days cant wait

Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by Trigo
How bad does the ART's smell I'm getting mine in 2 days cant wait
Believe me, you don't have to worry about that at all !
i've read a lot that you would suffer of a smell with these ! THAT"S NOT TRUE !
it's just a LLLLLLLLLittle smell that doesn't deserve to be mentioned or discussed !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New ART Pipes fella here :)