V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

My morning at Fast Intentions ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you expect the final gains to be? The dyno charts seem to be a bit low.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Unfortunately, you'll never see the same numbers twice. On my car, they averaged three stock runs, resulting in 243.2Hp / 203.7 ft-lb. But the numbers vary a bit between runs.

For example, we could inflate the power gains by picking the lowest stock run vs. the highest FI run. That would come out to around 10.3 Hp gained.

Again, there is more drivetrain loss in an automatic and also more variations due to the test environment.

In short ... it's not possible to get standardized HP and torque at the wheels.

Originally Posted by G35_Trinh
what is the stock WHP and WTQ on are cars anyway? I'm seeing a lot of different readings.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_Trinh
what is the stock WHP and WTQ on are cars anyway? I'm seeing a lot of different readings.
i have come to expect 260 to be a good average number...

like all have said, its a tool to use to see gains.

Originally Posted by Inversed

6wtq 8whp

Last edited by IvoryPearl07G; 01-26-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 PM

The official gains are 5.5 ft-lb torque and 8.3 HP on my car with auto trans. There were 3 runs of each setup averaged for these results, so I am confident of the official numbers. Of course, you statisticians may want a bigger n, but the results give a good indication of typical gains.

FI also weighed the stock exhaust at 62 pounds while I was there today. I was told the aluminized steel one on my car is 60 pounds, making them essentially the same. The SS will be a little lighter, but also not significantly. Let's put this in perspective ... a gallon of gas is about 7 pounds.

Originally Posted by Inversed

Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM

Pictures with new Sebring mufflers installed:

Video of drive off:

Video of drive by:

The Sebring mufflers really bring down the sound when compared the Magnaflows. One can still tell by the sound outside that this is an aftermarket exhaust.

IMO, a great system just begging to be enhanced by HFCs. Those that want performance with subtle exhaust note would be happy with it as is. And those that want to take it to the next level with HFCs would benefit from lower combined noise output as well.

I'll take some peak dB readings as soon as I get the chance.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Wow, looks and sounds great Terry.

How is the sound inside the car? It sounded like you had a little concern about the sound inside with the Magnaflow.

What do you think now?

Old 01-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Sweet!!! I'm loving it even more now!

Have they tell you when they'll start producing these for us? Also, do you know if they're working on the HFC as well?

I'm getting the wheels this week, it'd be perfect if I can get everything done within this week. It is going to be MY Christmas this week. LOL

Old 01-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds good! With your attention to detail I cant wait to see what else you have planned!

Old 01-27-2008, 02:43 PM

To me, it sounds ever so slightly louder than stock on the inside. If I had to scale the peak interior sound from 1 to 10 with 1 being stock and 10 being Magnaflow, I'd say it's about a 3 or 4. I'll post up any other comments from friends and family as they come up.

I'm happy with the way it sounds now, but since I have a little more headroom in the sound level department, I'm doing my income taxes right away ... I'm sure there will be enough there for HFCs. There should be significant gains there since the factory cats are usually the biggest restriction.

Originally Posted by rkdiddy
Wow, looks and sounds great Terry.

How is the sound inside the car? It sounded like you had a little concern about the sound inside with the Magnaflow.

What do you think now?

Old 01-27-2008, 02:48 PM

You're welcome to come by anytime to take a listen. I'm sure others will want to hear your feedback as well since you've driven doth Stillen+HFC+Fujita and FI w/Magnaflow.

FI tells me HFCs are already available. Maybe they'll do a bundle pricing?

Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
Sweet!!! I'm loving it even more now!

Have they tell you when they'll start producing these for us? Also, do you know if they're working on the HFC as well?

I'm getting the wheels this week, it'd be perfect if I can get everything done within this week. It is going to be MY Christmas this week. LOL

Last edited by terrycs; 01-27-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Terry - If the Magnaflows are louder, they must have really been louder. I think the sound with the Sebrings is perfect!!!! Totally sold on this set-up now. Would be a great buy if FI did bundle the HFC's. Nice work!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:24 PM
JMN
Sounds great, HFC + Exhaust bundle would be awesome.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
teamsolo.net im-integline
Looks just like my tips!!! I love the sound and inside it is not to noticalbe at all under normal driving in my coupe. I use my bluetooth in the car no problems.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:31 PM

Don't get me wrong ... and I hope I don't confuse things ... the Magnaflows were not that loud either. If I were younger, I'd probably like them too! Another reason to get one of you youngsters to review in person and comment. So when is the next local GTG?

Originally Posted by kmuniz78
Terry - If the Magnaflows are louder, they must have really been louder. I think the sound with the Sebrings is perfect!!!! Totally sold on this set-up now. Would be a great buy if FI did bundle the HFC's. Nice work!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:32 PM

I still have to check out your pipes man! Aren't you going the HFC route?

Originally Posted by solopresident
Looks just like my tips!!! I love the sound and inside it is not to noticalbe at all under normal driving in my coupe. I use my bluetooth in the car no problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Fast Intentions ...