V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Need help installing fog light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help installing fog light

For those of you who have replaced your fog light bulb, can you offer advice on the easiest way to get this done? Unfortunately the owners manual is not very helpful when it comes to replacing bulbs.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cnugs127
For those of you who have replaced your fog light bulb, can you offer advice on the easiest way to get this done? Unfortunately the owners manual is not very helpful when it comes to replacing bulbs.
I looked this weekend and it appears you need to remove the air filter box to get access, or have "stretch armstong" fingers. It felt like there was a standard bulb in the fog light, you just have to be able to get to it. The air filter box appears to have one bolt and the air tube can be easily removed by unscrewing the clamp holding the the air tube to the throttle body. That is solely from memory. Once you make the change post it so the rest of us know for sure. I plan to upgrade my fog bulbs as well. White lights would simply look better, but since they are up so high above the bumper, while driving in actual fog it may make visability worse with brighter bulbs. ???

Old 04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by cnugs127
What replacement bulbs did you purchase? Also what are the benefits?

Old 04-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by 07 G35S Sedan
What replacement bulbs did you purchase? Also what are the benefits?
These are what I bought:
http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...roducts_id=454

Don't know about the benefits but they should look much nicer when they're on!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by EWG35
I looked this weekend and it appears you need to remove the air filter box to get access, or have "stretch armstong" fingers. It felt like there was a standard bulb in the fog light, you just have to be able to get to it. The air filter box appears to have one bolt and the air tube can be easily removed by unscrewing the clamp holding the the air tube to the throttle body. That is solely from memory. Once you make the change post it so the rest of us know for sure. I plan to upgrade my fog bulbs as well. White lights would simply look better, but since they are up so high above the bumper, while driving in actual fog it may make visability worse with brighter bulbs. ???
Thanks EWG, I'll definitely let you know when this is done and how accurate this is. It sounds easy enough.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by EWG35
Sweet, so 15 minutes later I am done. EWG is correct, it's just one bolt (10mm) connecting the filter box to the frame and one bolt (i think 8mm or you can use a flathead screwdriver). It takes a little finesse to get the filter boxes out, but once you do it sould be fairly easy to reach behind the headlight housing and loosen the bulbs. For me the tricky part was getting the old bulb out of the socket. Then it's just put in the new bulb, slide it back in the housing, turn the bulb to lock it in place and replace the filter box.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
FYI, I put this up in the FAQ thread.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 PM
H2S
Be careful with these aftermarket bulbs. I changed my fogs out on my 2003 Altima and it burned up the harness.

Has anyone changed the fogs out to a more orange or yellow bulb? Seems to me, being as high as they are, for a good fog you would want more yellow?

The following users liked this post:
barberdave33 (10-21-2012)
Old 04-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Got a wild hair and decided to go out and buy a set of bulbs today. Removing the both airboxes is and easy task. Watch the sharp edges though. Wear long sleeves, they are back in there a ways.

My Drivers side bulb was an easy one but the wiring harness on the passenger side was very short. I could not get both hands on the clip holding the bulb onto the harness. I had to stick a long screw drive though an opening to get it unclipped.

My new bulbs are a big improvement but the light shines too high, well above the light from the headlamps. I always thought Fogs should project light more down and out rather than up...

The white color of the new bulbs looks so much cleaner. It's no longer a dingy pale yellow. Amber bulbs might look nice though.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just want to confirm, are the fog bulbs 9006's?

Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by CarFreak
Just want to confirm, are the fog bulbs 9006's?
Yep.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 AM
i understand the fogs are used as DRL's in canada. does anyone know if they are run at half wattage during the day time or is it full power all the time any time. i'm thinking about putting in a set of hid's into the fogs when we get our G.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Someone please make an EDU with pictures please.

I just tried to get the airbox out but I couldn't?

I took out the bolt that's holding the airbox to the frame and the bolt on the intake tube thing... but the airbox wouldn't just slide out. I was being very careful not to damage anything since my car is like 2 weeks old so... maybe that's why?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by H2S
Be careful with these aftermarket bulbs. I changed my fogs out on my 2003 Altima and it burned up the harness.

Has anyone changed the fogs out to a more orange or yellow bulb? Seems to me, being as high as they are, for a good fog you would want more yellow?
nissan is infamous for this..happened on both my maximas

Old 06-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by hyukki
Someone please make an EDU with pictures please.

I just tried to get the airbox out but I couldn't?

I took out the bolt that's holding the airbox to the frame and the bolt on the intake tube thing... but the airbox wouldn't just slide out. I was being very careful not to damage anything since my car is like 2 weeks old so... maybe that's why?
You need to pull straight up after you take off the bolts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help installing fog light