Strafe - Worst Customer Service

Old 03-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Wow another one of these. Sorry to hear op hopefully things work out in your favor soon.

Waits for Tian to lock the thread...IBTL

The following 3 users liked this post by VictoriousG:
Captain Supreme Sausage (03-07-2012), G35Papa (03-08-2012), JBF (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Just for kicks- go over to the "STAY AWAY FROM STRAFE" thread and head to the last page to take a peek at the maturity behind the business. Total, unequivocal garbage.
That's the part that really bothers me. The way the owner of this company responds so childishly to customer complaints that were only brought public as a last resort because they'd exhausted all other avenues... PM, email, etc...

I've implored Strafe to practice better customer service in the past, but apparently those pleas fell on deaf ears.

It sucks because Dustin really seems like a good dude that's at least trying. Unfortunately he has the partner that he does.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Wow thank you, i guess i will be taking my bizness else where...... Conceptz here i come hahhaahah

Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Here's a link to my thread about Strafe

From the title of the thread (Stay Away from Strafe) you can guess what I recommend. If it isn't clear, though, immedietley contact your CC company and dispute the charge. My CC company is good, despite it being almost 5 months after the initial charge, they refunded me all my money, plus the interest, AND charged Strafe a $25 chargeback fee. So I feel I got at least a little bit of justice there.

As someone else mentioned, though, expect your thread to get locked. Strafe is a paying vendor, and you gotta protect the paying vendors on the forum...

Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts
I guess I'd only order If I could pick up ,forget shipping , other than that sucks to hear all the issues people are having on here .

Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Fairly sure OP did pick up.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts
Sucks I wonder why the spiral down in service ? They were always considered the top vendor but lately its been off . What would be more important than running your business ?

The following users liked this post:
bigc (03-08-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
and another thread...

i just want my parts, so tired of waiting and the games ..

Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
To sum it up:
Yes we were given the wrong hid kit to give to you by our supplier. I never once told you you would pay a restocking fee. I simply told you that we will get you the correct kit that you ordered. I apologized for the inconvenience that the wrong part was given. I'm sorry if you feel like answering every email is the worst customer service. Again per my emails to you we will email you to let you know when your new kit is available for pickup

Originally Posted by crazynuts16
Quick summary,

got into an accident, pmed strafe about getting parts from him. really quick about getting me in contact with body shop and setting me up. Dustin helped me with selection and I was really satisfied at that point.

The first thing that happened that should have tipped me off was them quoting the body shop the parts at a much higher price than even their website. And here I was thinking that the forum price was cheaper. No worries, i email Dustin and he corrects the mistake. I am happy again and it was just a minor bump.

At this point, i was going to order the v2 headlights, kuruma z , impul sides, chargespeed rear.

Communication with strafe went dead. LONG wait times before my emails were answered and since my car was still in the shop, i started looking elsewhere for parts and found a supplier who would deliver everything directly to the shop in less than 48 hours.

I informed strafe that i was going to have to get some of my parts from somewhere else but I would still like to get the kuruma z from them.

Couple days after i picked up my car, i wanted to get the v2 lights from strafe too so i decided to email dustin and also get the hid kit for the fog housing and the "fix" for the lights.

That was the only reason i wanted to purchase my lights from strafe even though i could get a cheaper price, they were going to get the fix for me so i purchased from them.

Before making the final purchase, i asked them if i would still have the fog and high beam functionality. And I was told I would but after performing the "fix". So i was like ok let me get a hid kit for that.

My final order was for a DUAL filament H1 kit, v2 lights and a pair of 194 bulbs.

got the v2 lights installed, work fine. Waiting on getting the fix.

At this point I was not happy, but i was satisfied with waiting.

The thing that made me really unhappy was the HID kit. While picking up my order, I noticed that the h1 kit had only 2 wires. I am not experienced in HID kits, its not my area at all. But I could understand that if there is only 2 wires, positive and negative that it couldn't be dual filament. So i told their guy to check with strafe and make sure that it was dual filament. He calls and confirms its dual filament. I go home.

Next day, i took the car to get the lights installed, got them installed. Was going to get the hid kit installed but was told that the kit wasn't dual filament and H1 aren't even produced in dual filament. I say ok, maybe the shop is mistaken because strafe was sure it was dual filament. I took the kit to another shop and they also confirmed that the kit wasn't dual filament, H1 cannot be produced in dual filament.

So i email strafe about the hid kit, and they accept that they sent me the wrong kit. Supplier supplied wrong parts etc., I accept it. As long as they are willing to correct their mistake. But they also say that they won't correct their mistake till the supplier sends them the correct kit.

So i say ok, let me return this kit to you, i'll even drop it off at your location and you refund me. And i'll buy the kit and the "fix" from you together when they are available.

My suggestion is ignored and all i am told is that "We will let you know when the dual filament kit is available. "

I email them again saying
"I am not ok with waiting on the hid kit, i have already purchased a kit from somebody else.

Since you have already acknowledged that the kit you provided is wrong and the right one is not available, you should be able to provide a refund. "

I get a reply
" Seriously we will not engage in this back and forth email . We ststr d you were given the wrong HID. We also state we will replace it with the right one you ordered. There is no deceit nor blame on the customer. These lights are not made by Strafe. The fix we have told you is use your OEM might bulbs and ballast and wires you lose the high beam and the fogs light up on high beam switch. Any further fix or use of HIDs would require you to make your own mods. Just because you buy lights from some one else doesn't have anything to do with your purchase from Strafe. You may send us back the lights and pay any fees . We will either fill our responsibility with you when the lights come in or if the lights are unopen and haven't been used installed or tampered with refund you less the restocking fees . How do you want to proceed? We will not argue or rehash any more . Thank you. "

Now i am pissed because they told me that the "fix" will give me high beam and fogs.

At this point i have told them that i either want everything that was promised to me within a reasonable time frame, or my full money back for the HID kit without any restocking fee and i will wait on when they can provide the fix to me. I have also provided them my number and asked Dustin to give me a call.

Since then I have emailed them couple times about whats going on and i have only gotten generic replies saying that they are waiting on supplier etc.

If there customer service had been better I would have been fine with waiting but leading me on constantly saying it will be there soon, its not our fault, blame the supplier etc. is just bullshit.

They sold me a wrong kit and now they refuse to take it back. I would be fine with a replacement if they could give it to me within a reasonable amount of time.

Any advice?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Really Needs a Life
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
and another thread...

i just want my parts, so tired of waiting and the games ..
I have been in constant email contact with you as well. Your front lip ships today

Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Really Needs a Life
Originally Posted by Jaygotboost
Sucks I wonder why the spiral down in service ? They were always considered the top vendor but lately its been off . What would be more important than running your business ?
we are still running the business. However we both have full time jobs and we're not using that as an excuse. However we are not as quick as responding as we were before maybe a year ago. With that being said we still do you are very best to answer your guises every email and private message

Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
I have been in constant email contact with you as well. Your front lip ships today

i will say dustin has been in contact throughout whenever ive contacted him for those above worried about communication.

I truly hope the lip goes out today !!!

also since i forgot to ask, Can you see whats going on with the clear corners still and let me know? they were supposed to be 7 business days out about 2 weeks ago

Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Really Needs a Life
Originally Posted by Jaygotboost
I guess I'd only order If I could pick up ,forget shipping , other than that sucks to hear all the issues people are having on here .
again the forum only hears the negative. Every customer is entitled to take their business where they like. However, we cannot please all customers.

I was given a 2-3 day deadline in this case for a local deal.
We came through on our end
we were given wrong h I d kit from supplier
we send tell customer sorry and the new 1 will be given to him when it's available
now I am in here answering a bash thread about our customer service?

The following users liked this post:
Strafe Automotive (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Really Needs a Life
Yes of course and you can still email me anytime regarding your order.

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i will say dustin has been in contact throughout whenever ive contacted him for those above worried about communication.

I truly hope the lip goes out today !!!

also since i forgot to ask, Can you see whats going on with the clear corners still and let me know? they were supposed to be 7 business days out about 2 weeks ago

Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Really Needs a Life
Originally Posted by c_morse
Fairly sure OP did pick up.
yes the op pickee them up 2 to 3 days later

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strafe - Worst Customer Service