STRAFE:another bad experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
24 plus days is a little much don't you think as a consumer?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Tyler I'm posting the email traffic not to put any blame on you. I just want to show there was Customer service and contact between Us and You good or bad just showing the traffic. The Forum should have a complete history.

My Emails to you we exchanged emails and these threads should have a complete story for all sides to explain.

Tyler

I can completely understand your position and your feeling sat this time. I know it might seem like we are lagging or not doing enough to satisfy your order being complete. When we first took your order and read some of your posts on g35 driver we hoped this order would go through without issue. Then the wrong lip was shipped and you agreed to keep it and we refunded the difference. The clear corners are the wait and with no ETA from Our supplier we are left with an unhappy customer.We also understand that the posts or threads on driver whether they are from actual customers or not can help fuel emotions on both sides. The threads don’help Our image or help Our Customer relations and in the past I took it too personal. This is why we are where we are today. We do have plenty of happy customers. My goal is to make you happy. The potential for miscommunication or convey more emotion than intended or needed and the real task at hand in making your order fulfilled becomes lost and at that point it becomes hostile or words ge taken in the wrong context. Those type of threads and the same people in most of them don't help Us and the Customer. They don't help to make any new or potential customer feel like they matter or we actually care about them. Strafe does take these things serious.
Dustin and I come from G35 Community. We both extensively mod our cars and share the same passion as forum members. We haven’t forgotten what is like to wait for a part. What we did forget is the excitement or patience of waiting for that new mod is like getting a present for your hard earned money. We just came to expect delays or long wait with no responses until the part arrives. We mistakenly took that as the G35 driver forum members or our customers accepted it also. That is so no the case and we are taking measures to increase better responses and customer service or courtesy emails once a week just to let you as the customer know we haven’t forgotten.

Since Strafe is bound by credit card rules or “contract”between the customer and Strafe due to our terms listed on your invoice or agreed to at time of purchase we are bound to that agreement. I have made some changes to Our Terms listed on our website for new customers.

I now must ask you if you will agree to free Us from the old Terms and Conditions and allow you and Strafe to enter a new contract or purchase agreement which allows Strafe more freedom to try and help get your part. The new Terms allow Us to get apart from another supplier not normally in our list of suppliers or vendors at same cost or lower. The difference if lower after shipping would be refunded to you. I can also if you agree to the new terms treat this as a new purchase and refund your money less 5% for our fees.

I apologize for writing you so late. I explained I was at work and today was a very busy day. I promised you I would write you an email and thank you for waiting for me to get back to you. I haven’t read the forum today and if you feel so inclined any post you might have made I would ask if you would consider removing them after reading this email. I hope we can resolve any issues. I will make every attempt to get back to your response during the holiday weekend. If I don’t Will respond the next Strafe business day. That will be Tuesday. Let myself or Dustin know what you decide to do from here.

Sincerely
Lawrence

Tyler
Mar 18
to me
I thank you for your email, but really the comments about me posting in driver isn't really anything. i have not posted on driver anything negative that i can think of or anything to steer anyone away...yet....i have given every chance i can give basically at this point for something to go right and i understand you are waiting on the markers but i was told 1-2 business weeks when i ordered and i ordered from Dustin and was never told it was overseas or anything longer than that wait. I have all emails between Dustin and myself stating these dates and that was at the end of January. Then about a month ago i was told 7 days out, then nothing once again. I don't know where that 7 days came from.
Honestly i could care less where the markers come from if they are clear no bump markers of the same quality. i do not want crystal clear or any with the bump which is why i went with you guys because i spoke with Dustin and was assured this is what i could get through you. If this isn't something you can provide then i feel i should be refunded for the full amount of the markers i paid for with no cancellation fee. I was told dates and not received, i was shipped the wrong lip, i mean at some point if you really want the customer happy and cant deliver then why not do something to make the customer happy.

If you can get me the markers (clear with no bump of same quality) in a short time period ill wait if not we need to figure out the next step to getting my money back. If you still feel i should be charged a cancellation fee after not being able to provide then ill have to dispute it with my credit card and take it from there. i will not be charged a cancellation fee for an item i was told i would have and cannot be provided to then have to source them again and pay all over again to someone else plus my cancellation fee to you. I hope this can be resolved shortly
Lawrence
Mar 18
to Tyler
I asked permission to cancel old contract according to your receipt. This allows me to purchase or find same set somewhere else. As far as cancellation fee I understand your position and when it comes to that and disputes I send Our Disclaimers to the credit card companies and let them decide. I know the disclaimer is solid and usually a refund minus the fee is authorized. I'm sorry about that but that is nature of doing business.

Now about the lip I understand you decided to keep it. We would replace it after call tag is issued and VIS gets the lip back. That would be how we and them take care of the mistaken lip. Since you decided to keep it I would say that issue is mute. Dustin was at the mercy of what Our supplier told him and it hasn't come in. Strafe has done nothing wrong. What we have done wrong is quoting a customer what we get told and when those days come and past we look bad. So we have stopped quoting ETA from our suppliers unless we somehow have a concrete answer. This is main reason we have these issues. The customer feels like they have been lied too.

I will on Tuesday check everyone's stock and see if I can get these clears... If not then as my gesture states I will refund less 5% not the 30%. I just need your permission to proceed with Our New Terms and Conditions on our website. I will then get back with you on Tuesday before I close out my business day.

Thanks and Have a great Sunday..

Tyler

Mar 18
to me
I give permission to find me other clear markers as long as they are clear with no bump of same quality. Like i stated i do not want crystal clear and i do not want any with the bump. if you cannot source these then well proceed with the cancellation.

to Tyler

Thanks

Strafe | Automotive dustin.strafe@gmail.co
Mar 16
to tyler, bcc: me
refund being processed today.
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM, tyler wrote:
another thing to add to the list..i ordered a oem poly front lip and i received in the mail the strafe N1/date front lip. I really cant say ive had any sort of positive experience ordering from strafe and this is just unexcusable. I dont even want to deal with shipping this back and waiting another month or so for the correct lip. I see they are quite the price difference also. I dont even know what else to say. lemme know what you wanna do, like i said at this point i dont even want to deal with shipping again and waiting for another because of your mistake.
Subject: RE: update
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 1607 -0800
To: tyler
Yes. I've inquired already today and am awaiting an update. I have not forgotten about them and will update you asap as I am updated. --
Thank You,
Strafe Automotive LLC
AIM: Dustin Strafe
Twitter: @StrafeAuto
Strafe Automotive on Facebook
www.StrafeAutomotive.com

tyler wrote:
can you get any info on the side markers?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 1753 -0800

Last edited by Strafe Automotive; 04-02-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
tyler
Mar 15
to me

hello, i have contacted dustin but have not heard back, im trying to get my order settled. Im still waiting on the clear corners i was supposed to have which keeps being blamed on the supplier but now the front lip i ordered shows up and its the wrong lip. At this point i dont want to send it back and deal with waiting all over again. i ordered and paid for an oem poly front lip and received a strafe n1/data front lip. id rather just use it and learn to like it i guess at this point and just get a refund for the difference in price. Please someone contact me asap for this matter since there is no phone number to contact anyone from strafe.

Lawrence
Mar 15
to Dustin, tyler
Tyler
We understand your concerns. We are waiting just like you for the clear corners. We understand the concerns you have expressed here and on g35driver. The front lip I will check into.
We are not blaming anyone. We don't make these and its a fact we are waiting for them . I could see if another one of our suppliers had them in stock.

tyler
Mar 15
to me
beyond the corners im more concerned with the lip now and a proper refund and solution to this.

Lawrence
We will refund the difference on next business day we are open after holiday weekend

tyler
Mar 15
to me
ok, whats the hold up from taking care of it now? honestly after all the waiting ive done to get the wrong product and then to still be waiting on other things id rather take care of this asap and not wait on this also. Ive been very patient throughout this ordeal

tyler
Mar 15
to me
ok

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 1450 -0700
Subject: Re: order problem
CC: dustin.strafe@gmail.com

We are not in the office to key in the credit card information for a refund and will not be in until next week Tuesday. If Dustin is available later he will refund promptly.. Yes you have been patient throughout your order.

: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 1411 -0700

Subject: Re: order problem
CC: dustin.strafe@gmail.com

We will refund the difference on next business day we are open after holiday weekend

Dustin and Your Exchanges

tyler wrote:

im ok with that.. That would actually make me very happy at this point. I wanna get that on asap.

thank you

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 1507 -0800
Subject: update

Hey tyler,

emailing you to keep you in the loop. The clear corners i have yet to recieve from our supplier. However, i would like to still get you the front lip asap. If your comfrotable with this idea. I would like to ship you the front lip, & ship you the corners the second they come in. let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Thank You,
Strafe Automotive LLC

Anytime. And yes package was dropped off 100% at fedex today.
--
Thank You,

Strafe Automotive LLC
www.StrafeAutomotive.com
tyler wrote:

alright, ill have to keep checking on the tracking number i guess. it still says not picked up but long as its on the way thats whats important. Thanks let me know what you find out on the markers.
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:59:54 -0800

The front lip was shipped today
I will have more information on the markers tomorrow during business hours
--
Thank You,

Strafe Automotive LLC
www.StrafeAutomotive.com

tyler wrote:
hello,
not sure of the time difference so i just wanted to check in before the end of the business day and see if you could get a solid answer on where the markers are? and also i see there has been no progress with the front lip shipping when i check the tracking number?
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 1825 -0800
Anytime. I am off for the day so any further responses will be handled tomorrow during business hours. Have a great evening. --
Thank You,

Strafe Automotive LLC
www.StrafeAutomotive.com
tyler wrote:
alright. thanks
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:41:57 -0800
we will do our best to expedite this as quickly as possible for you. The tracking # is the only one you will get/need for the package. It will update status of package immediately once tendered to fedex. --
Thank You,
Strafe Automotive LLC
www.StrafeAutomotive.com
tyler wrote:
Thanks for the explanation i was under the impression it was on the way. So i will get another tracking number? Is there anyway to get the lip to fedex asap like tomorrow. i now have my car sitting at the body shop waiting as i thought it was going to be here tomorrow from the tracking number i received.

Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 1854 -0800
The lip is at our suppliers warehouse. We mentioned the lip would be shipping ahead of time. They asked us for shipping label. Shipping label generated by strafe for our supplier to put on your box to ship. Supplier goes/drops off to fedex once a week. If there is no progress on the package it means it hasn't been dropped off yet by supplier. Most likely it will be tendered to fedex by weeks end. Follow up with me for any questions. --
Thank You,
Strafe Automotive LLC

tyler wrote:
does that mean it will not be here tomorrow? sorry dont understand that.
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 1853 -0800
We generated tracking for your order and now its on our supplier to drop the lip off to the fedex hub. Once dropped off you will get a more timely update from fedex.--
Thank You,
Strafe Automotive LLC
www.StrafeAutomotive.com

tyler wrote:
I just spoke to fed ex and they said that the information was sent in but the package was never picked up or dropped off to be shipped? At least thats what he shows in the system. Is this true?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 1639 -0800
Of course it will be shipped fedex-
Thank You,
Strafe Automotive LLC
tyler wrote:
no problem, please send tracking when you have it so i know when ill have to sign for it.
thanks
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 1651 -0800
You got it. Thank you for your patience with this. --
Thank You,

Strafe Automotive LLC

tyler wrote:
im ok with that.. That would actually make me very happy at this point. I wanna get that on asap.
thank you
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 1507 -0800
Subject: update
Hey tyler,
emailing you to keep you in the loop. The clear corners i have yet to recieve from our supplier. However, i would like to still get you the front lip asap. If your comfrotable with this idea. I would like to ship you the front lip, & ship you the corners the second they come in. let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Strafe Automotive; 04-02-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:13 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by rdavis232005
24 plus days is a little much don't you think as a consumer?
Not if part isn't in the states or in stock. example Exhausts from Japan can take 3 or more months other parts take no time it is up to the suppliers

MIght be alot of Reading but its all there in Black and White

Terms and Conditions

http://strafeautomotive.com/pages.php?pageid=3

Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think, regardless of the fault in this situation, your problem, Strafe, is your customer cornering and rights revoking "TOS" and your inability to get the right parts to the right person in a reasonable amount of time.

I should also point out that Strafe's TOS are in no way legally binding because no one who purchases from them off their website ever is forced to accept them or sign to them and they are in no way fair business practices. if you ever wanted to get legality involved, im sure that the Strafe TOS would fall. But I think a lot is bet on the assumption that most people wont go to the effort of upholding their rights as a customer. However, if you do a chargeback after waiting months for an item im pretty sure strafe has no legal basis for contesting it.

but im not a lawyer

I think the TOS seems to the customer like something you hide behind because you often can't provide the product you promise in any reasonable amount of time, if ever. But thats just my two cents.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
As I have said before if you look at most of the other companies we all have TOS for a reason. Parts these days are either in stock or not. Charge backs get answered by me and the credit card companies ask for my TOS and rules with those very TOS's. The fees can be enforced by them and collection agencies. People try all the time..........The credit card companies were the ones who advised us to have TOS's.

As far as parts goes we get what is available and in a few cases have to wait on supply. We also address that in Terms...
I'm not trying to debate or argue here and I won't.Patience is asked also from the customer if stock is exhausted I'd rather you have your parts then put up with these types of hassles. trust me it's alot more work..

As a vendor these threads get out of control or off topic so fast. These threads should be between the vendor and the customer that had a issue. Both sides should present their case as you will and people decide in their minds what happened. These threads are encouraged and steam up by a few people to continue.If you want to debate our TOS then by all means challenge it in court or with credit card company. Strafe will continue to stand by its Terms and collect fees posted in there by all legal means if the TOS are broken or not followed. we don't hide as matter of fact we are quite honest and upfront about these Terms as they come up in every thread like this.

If you have noticed is there are a few of same screen names that post in these threads and quite a few with 1 of the other body kit vendors name in their signatures.....

Like I told and explained to the OP we apologized he was unhappy. I am unsubscribed from this thread.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Strafe Automotive
OP We never disputed your chargeback and the sidemarkers still aren't available at the price quoted or lower and you were refunded the differences in both cases. I belive Dustin who is my Partner apologized to you. He offered to replace the wrong lip and you stated no you didn't want to wait and you would keep the lip. Since we ORDER the Parts and they are boxed at VIS sometimes the wrong parts get sent. We would have issued a call tag to get the wrong lip back and ship you the right one.

I also sent you a email asking you to allow me to change my terms with you so you wouldn't be charged a 30% fee and if I had to refund or cancel then it would be a 5% fee.. Our terms allow for more time periods to wait for JDM products that aren't in the states and most customers realize that can take a few weeks or months.

i never did a chargeback so i have no idea what you are talking about..i received whaterver you sent me apparently...

1st of all i accepted to keep the wrong lip because of how long i waited to get that one and all the bullshit in between. Really didnt wanna wait months again. funny how you keep making it out like this is what i wanted

2nd you act like your doing me a favor by lowering the cancellation fee...gee thanks..still taking a percentage of my money for a product you said you could get and obviously cannot..( i dont know if you think people are stupid but everyone knows the jdm clear corners with no bump are a discontinued item so obviously you or dustin lied originally telling me you could get them then realized you cannot and still decided to keep my money play games and then charge me a cancellation fee because of you not being able to come thru..makes no sense.

3rd i was told 1-2 business weeks time i would have the parts..i was never told 3 months or whatever, i was never told they come from overseas i was told they come from nissan. all this bullshit you are feeding in here now is just useless.. if i was told they would take months in the beginning that would be one thing.

You guys failed my order hardcore and then took no responsibility and did nothing to make the customer happy in any way..there is no twisting and turning thigs to make it any different..

Strafe sucks *****..stay away

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-02-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM
also i waited months to post anything on this forum so get off that kick too..

and now feel in every way its right to make a thread so others stay away from the shady business.

if i would have just been fully refunded with no bullshit for the side markers and received my refund for difference in the lip i would not be making this thread..Its all the bullshit i dealt with the whole transaction on top of wrong parts and not received parts

Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
also i have other emails too with dates and all statements..its not worth it..too much thought has gone into this worthless transaction and company already...

STRAFE..DUSTIN..LAwrence....give it up stay out of this thread and let people read the facts and decide for themselves im sick of reading your useless comments..this is the vendor feedback section this is what its for..its not the vendor venting section

im only posting up the facts so that others can decide for themselves. and its not like im the only one with these experiences or making things up here..many many people are having the same or similar issues

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-02-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Strafe takes your money for a part they say they can get.

Strafe can't get part.

Strafe charges you a fee to cover their fees.

Totally makes sense.

You as a customer are wrong for being upset. You should be happy that they only charged you the 5% when they couldn't deliver on their end. After all, TOS.

The following 3 users liked this post by c_morse:
GeeGirl82 (04-07-2012), Glex25 (04-02-2012), lsmooth81 (04-04-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
as for people stating 24 days not sure if u mean my order but my order was much longer..

placed my order on january 31st and finally received the wrong lip on march 14th..about half way thru march still with no eta on the sidemarkers i said i was done with it and got into the whole cancellation fee mess. so i went 43 days before anything arriving then it was wrong, then after a week or so longer started the cancellation fee mess.

keep in mind i was told 1-2 business weeks when i ordered, none of this could be months **** and overseas stuff and all that cover up stuff...

Last edited by tylerxfire; 04-02-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by c_morse
Strafe takes your money for a part they say they can get.

Strafe can't get part.

Strafe charges you a fee to cover their fees.

Totally makes sense.

You as a customer are wrong for being upset. You should be happy that they only charged you the 5% when they couldn't deliver on their end. After all, TOS.

lol..makes alot of sense right

Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 AM
apparently strafe is in the clear because there was communication between us..everythings all better now because there was some communication, has nothing to do with wrong parts and no parts at all as long as you get some communication...

Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM
as far as strafe commenting on baus also what a joke that is..that place ships parts out and doesnt have these problems..if they cant get a part im sure they tell you up front.

BAUS actually stocks parts so they are nothing like strafe

Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
The following 4 users liked this post by c_morse:
Eno (04-02-2012), FlyingMustache (04-03-2012), JBF (04-03-2012), Manhattan Project G (04-02-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STRAFE:another bad experience