Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Tein High Tech Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein High Tech Springs

I just noticed that Tein has a line of springs called High Tech. Unlike the S-Tech line the drop isn't quite as much. They list the drop for the coupe to be 0.6 front 0.3 rear. With the S-Tech's it is 1.2/0.9 respectively.

Does anyone know if you still need the rear camber adjustable rods with the High Tech springs like you do wih the S-Tech's?

Old 12-19-2003, 05:16 PM
SAS
Re: Tein High Tech Springs

Did anyone reply? I also have considered these, so I did not run into camber, rubbing, etc. issues.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite honestly, at .6" in the front and .3" for the rear, you would barely notice such a drop, if you're looking for it to be an ascetic modification. From a performance stand point, I'm sure the springs stiffer nature will help in the handling arena, but for the work involved, you might want to consider the Eibach kit at almost 1" all around. Rear camber issues will be evident with all drop kits, from minor to major, so its something you really wont be able to ignore. Specially if you plan on going with wider tires. You're gonna need the rear adjustable camber arms. As for rubbing, you shouldn't have any problems as long as you stick with the proper offset / rim widths and tire sizes.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 12-19-2003, 07:52 PM
SAS

I do want sport over asthetic look, but I used to have an e36 M3 and I put the eibach pro kit with the bilstein sport suspension and I rolled the fender lips, but still would rub 18x8.5 AC Schnitzer Type III with three people in the car, yes rare as it is .... I am also looking at the tein basics, but do not want to turn a good road car into an unstreetable race car, a la $15k later in the old M3... Do 10.5 rears rub on our G coupes when lowered?

Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 AM
H-Tech Springs

Stock spring rate is 310 lbs front and 350 rear. H-Tech is 320 front and 260 rear. My G35 coupe came down 1/2 inch in the rear with the H-Tech rear springs. It took the raised up look out of the rear of the car and retained a slight rake. It actually makes the car ride smoother and does not seem to change the handleing of the car. You will not have to use camber arms if you are wishing to get the car back to spec. There is a little adjustment in the stock rear lower arm mounting bolt. I have one extra set of rear H-Tech springs for sale if it will help you. I did not change the front because I drive my car on trips and wanted to be able to not deal with the problems of a lowered car. I just wanted to get the rear down a little. The extra set of springs were for a friend who has decided to sell his car and will not be using them. Even with a full trunk of luggage and a full tank of fuel the car still will have a slight front rake and look good.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cajo
Stock spring rate is 310 lbs front and 350 rear. H-Tech is 320 front and 260 rear.
Of course your quoting Hotchkis's published 350Z spring rate data, not oem coupe data. Though my measuring of oem coupe springs did show that even though the springs are different, they do have the same spring rates (excluding 05 coupes with oem 19's which have 427lbs rear spring rates).

http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bi...atalogno=19413

Notice that they do not list the corrected drop amount for the springs when run on a coupe, all data is transposed from the 350Z.

My oem spring rate data differs ever so slightly from Hotchkis data, I got 314/342. Doesn't mean anything other then normal spring rate testor error +or-.

Tein H-tech G35 coupe & sedan(fronts are progressive, rears are linear)
324/263 F+ 4% R-23%
Transfers +27% roll stiffness to front

using Hotchkis rate data
F +4% R-25%
Transfers F+29% roll stiffness to front.

A great spring from those that will be pleased with the drop amount and want to keep the car riding as much like stock as possible. If you want increased performance and don't want to add in any more understeer they you already have, the springs cannot deliver what you want. You would be better off with 350Z H-techs

Tein H-tech 350z Linear springs front and rear (Not progressive in the front)
358/375 F+14% R+10%
Transfers +4% roll stiffness to front

Old 04-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why would one want more front roll stiffness [ratio or just increase].......the front tires are already overloaded with stock springs/sway bar oem.

When you increase front stiffness you need to increase front tire reserve [load index].

Otherwise the slip angle will get worse as more load transfered because of increased cornering speed.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Q45tech
Why would one want more front roll stiffness [ratio or just increase].......the front tires are already overloaded with stock springs/sway bar oem.

When you increase front stiffness you need to increase front tire reserve [load index].

Otherwise the slip angle will get worse as more load transfered because of increased cornering speed.
If someone is not after increased performance and want's to retain a like stock ride quality, the spring's are a good choice. The aftermarket for these cars forces people to except large drop amounts or larger spring rate increases that will compromise liveability and the ability to retain oem shocks, this spring requires neither. A better setup is alway's a few hundred dollars away, but the reality for many is they need something that isn't that costly. Things would be soooooo different if the aftermarket offered much more sensicle spring choices, they don't so we have to work what they do offer, on make a large investment that is unrealistic to ask of everyone here.

If the low rear spring rate does in fact ruin the car, one could simply buy $50 each Eibach ESS springs 13" tall in a 350lbs or 375lbs rate and alter or shim the rear upper spring seat to get the rear ride height correct.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:12 AM
I just dropped my car with H-Tech 350z springs and it looks awsome, ill have pics up soon.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:04 AM
my car is on Tein H-tech.the drop is perfect for me.

Attached Thumbnails Tein High Tech Springs-.jpg   Tein High Tech Springs-b.jpg  
Old 04-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Tinman, G or Z H-techs? Looks good, did you di the install and did you buy new shocks?

Old 04-22-2005, 03:21 PM
g35 coupe H-techs.
a performance shop did the install.
yes,i have the Tokico D-specs shocks.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:09 PM
hey tinman, did you have any camber problems at all with the H-techs? And was the ride stiffer or softer? thanks in advance

Old 04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
no problem so far.i actually set it at soft setting right now so the ride feel more softer but it can be change to stiff because the Tokicos are 16 ways ajustable

Old 04-27-2005, 03:14 AM
d spec shocks

tinman, how much did you get the shocks for??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tein High Tech Springs