Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

More Aggressive NISMO offsets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:10 AM
RugRatCoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Aggressive NISMO offsets

I've added H&R Hubcentric Spacers (+15mm Fronts & +5mm Rears which both come with longer Hub Bolts) to my NISMO LMGT-4's (19"x8.5"F. & 19"x9.5"R. with front & Rear+25mm offsets), I am now running a +10mm Front offset & a +20mm Rear offset. The 25mm offset on the fronts were really sunken in the wheel well. First I tried the +5mm on the fronts to make it +20mm offset, but that still didn't get them out far enough. No scraping so far, even after hitting one of the speed humps in my Neighborhood at about 23mph! I usually take them at about 10-12mph.

First Pic is with the stock +25mm offset F.& R.... others are with the New More Aggressive offsets

270286-P1080037.JPG

Old 06-04-2004, 10:14 AM
RugRatCoupe
Re: More Aggressive NISMO offsets

1st Pic is with the STOCK NISMO +25 Offsets Front & Rear.

This is the after pic with the H & R hubcentric spacers...

270289-P6020002.JPG

Old 06-04-2004, 10:17 AM
RugRatCoupe

A few more Pics with the H & R spacers added...

270292-P6020012.JPG

Old 06-04-2004, 10:19 AM
RugRatCoupe

another...

270294-P6020036_1.JPG

Old 06-04-2004, 10:20 AM
RugRatCoupe

one more...

270296-P6020007_1.JPG

Old 06-04-2004, 10:56 AM
RugRatCoupe

I think the NISMO's with the spacers finally gives me the look I was after, with the more aggressive Offsets........................

********PERFORMANCE-MODS********
Polished CRAWFORD "Z" Plenum, Random Tech. High Flow Cats, NISMO/R-Tune Lightweight Flywheel, NISMO/R-Tune Perf.Clutch, NISMO/R-Tune Pressure Plate, STILLEN Stainless Steel Exhaust w/ X-Pipe, INJEN Polished CAI, Silver Braided HYPER GROUND SYSTEM, EIBACH PRO-KIT, JDM NISMO/S-Tune Sway-Bars, JDM NISMO/RAYS/S-Tune 19"LMGT-4's, BRIDGESTONE S-03's.
Cut Down Engine Cover, ROGUE ENGINEERING Short Shifter, PENNZOIL Synthetic Oil, JDM PIAA 7500 Plasma Spark Blue H-4 High Beams, U.R. Crank Pully, TechnoSquare ECU...
********EXTERIOR-MODS********
Carbon Fiber C-Pillars, Rebadged SKYLINE/NISMO Emblems, Blacked-Out Lower Rear Exhaust Fascia, JDM Clear Corners w/PIAA LED's, PIAA Clearance Bulbs, Brushed Alum.Finished Front Grill, ANTI-PHOTO & LASER Tag, JDM Battery Cover, Carbon-Fiber Finished MAF, H & R Hubcentric Wheel Spacers +15mm Fronts & +5mm Rears...
********INTERIOR-MODS********
FIVE-SEAT CONVERSION w/ Lap Belts & Interchangable Pad or Rear Seat Console, Hide-Away PASSPORT (G-Timer), 2004 Front Console w/Arm Rest, 35% Window Tint, NISSAN Drilled Pedals, NISMO Shift ****, NISMO seatbelt Pads, SKYLINE Door Sills, Skyline Trunk Mat...

270320-P6010178_1.JPG

Old 06-04-2004, 12:23 PM

Looks great! I've always been a fan of "pushing" out the wheels to the fenders. I think I'll get a pair of 25mm for my rears. I've got a set of H&R 15mm that I may try on the front, but taking out the bolts is a PITA!

'04 G35c 5AT, DG/G, Premium, 18" wheels

Old 06-04-2004, 12:54 PM

So a 15mm offset in front and 5mm offset in rear would have put it that way to begin with? I thought anything lower than 30 mm cause it to rub?

Am I confusing this with the sedan or does it vary by width of the wheel?

What offset wheel do I need to beging with for that affect?

Help a wheel newbie out here. Looks awesome by the way. I'm hemhawing between the Nismo, the Volk 28N, and the Gram Light 57C. Also hemhawing between 8.5F 9.5R instead of the stock 8/8. Getting performance comments on that decision is like pulling teeth around here.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 06-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

your set up looks really great...............
the front wheels look mighty clooooose to the wheel well lips, I hope you don't have any clearance problems in the future...

Let us know how it turns out for you.....
your car is set up perfect.......good job!

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 06-04-2004, 02:14 PM

catatafish, I stand corrected. The nismos look awesome in the G35 coupe. The pictures they have at Performance Nissan Parts don't do them justice. I kind of like the Nismos now.
ARGHHHHH!!! Just what I needed, another choice that I didn't want!!!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 02:22 PM

Rugrat, awesome G35 coupe. I envy you. I have a question for you. Does the clutch modifications that you have provide a smoother shifting than the stock one?? Will the Rogue short shifter provide that by itself??

Old 06-04-2004, 02:59 PM
RugRatCoupe

Thanks Guys...In the immortalized words of Sherman Klump in the Nutty Professor :
"why Thank-You, I'm FATTER...um..um...I Mean FLATTERED"

Catatafish... you asked:
So a 15mm offset in front and 5mm offset in rear would have put it that way to begin with? (RugRat) No, I started out with a +25mm offset front & rear. I added a +15mm Spacer to the +25mm Fronts, you subtract the +15mm Spacer from the +25mm Wheel & you get a 10mm Total offset in the fronts. Same with the Rears. I added a +5mm spacer to the+25mm offset rear wheels, you again subtract +5mm from +25mm & you get a +20mm offset in the rears. So a +10mm Front & a +20mm offset in the Rear would have put them that way to begin with..It can be confusing.

I thought anything lower than 30 mm cause it to rub? (RugRat)Depends on the Application. Check out this site, it's an excellent guide on G35Coupe Offsets, some of this info may apply to Sedans. Here's the link:
http://www.g35frenzy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69

Am I confusing this with the sedan or does it vary by width of the wheel? (RugRat) I'm not familiar with the Sedans offset or max. wheel width requirments, but I would think it's pretty close to the Coupes. I know different makes of tires have different Profiles (Bridgestone SO-3's have a squared off sidewall profile while TOYO's can have a more rounded sidewall profile) & that can also factor in to your Clearances.

What offset wheel do I need to beging with for that affect? (RugRat) check with a reputable Wheel & Tire company & ask if the G35Sedan & Coupe require the same or different Backspacing, Offsets & Widths. There again the link above has some great info on offsets....

Help a wheel newbie out here. Looks awesome by the way. I'm hemhawing between the Nismo, the Volk 28N, and the Gram Light 57C. Also hemhawing between 8.5F 9.5R instead of the stock 8/8. Getting performance comments on that decision is like pulling teeth around here. (RugRat) Catatafish any of the Wheels listed above would look sweet on your Sedan. IMO I would go with the staggered sizes, it always looks nice to have a little more Meat on the rear Tires of a Rear Wheel Drive SPORTS COUPE or SEDAN with Upgraded Wheels...
I hope I've answered at least some of your questions. Take-Care & Just have Fun with it ...

Old 06-04-2004, 03:16 PM
RugRatCoupe

mamboking: you ask "Does the clutch modifications that you have provide a smoother shifting than the stock one?? Will the Rogue short shifter provide that by itself?? (RugRat) The NISMO Clutch & P.Plate can be butter smooth while shifting, or it can jerk the tears out of your eyes if you let it out really quick. The Rouge shifter feels more like a(not to sound corney) bolt action Rifle, smooth isn't the word as much as Precise. For & aft motions are still a little notchy but No side to side sloppiness...

Old 06-04-2004, 04:10 PM

Thanks for the link, very cool. But the thing I can't seem to get to the bottom of is, "How will the PERFORMANCE be affected by using an 8.5" in front and a 9.5" in rear?"

Intuitively I would think this would make the back end stick more...good for drag racing, bad for cornering (ie. more understeer). Is that true? I'm sure Nismo didn't make the front .5" wider and the back 1.5" wider for looks alone. What performance benefit or loss is a result of this?

Thanks again for the other answers and compliments again on your ride. Very sweet.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 06-04-2004, 11:53 PM

rugratcoupe,

I WANT YOUR WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!

G35 coupe 6spd
Twilight Blue/Tan
Fully Optioned
Nismo CAI

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More Aggressive NISMO offsets