Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

anybody interested in new Rota Grids colorway? HELP ME!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody interested in new Rota Grids colorway? HELP ME!

hey whats up guys.

Im very interested in getting the Rota Grids, however none of the colorways that they offer fit what im looking for.

the colors that im looking for is HYPER BLACK with POLISHED LIP or ROYAL STEEL GREY. Wheeldude (the vendor who sells these wheels) said that he could special order the color if I could find 1 or 2 other guys who are also interested in this color.

here are the Grids in full Hyper blk (they dont offer this with polished lip)

size are 18 x 9.5 et +20

the color that I want is Royal Steel Grey. Steel grey is a PERFECT color match with Diamond Graphite and it has a polished lip which is what im looking for.

heres what steel grey looks like on the Rota P45 wheels:

this is what the color looks like on my car:

however, I want this colorway on the Rota Grids. if anybody is interested in getting EITHER COLOR, PLEASE let me know! I really want these wheels in either one of these colors (altho I prefer royal steel grey)

Price for the wheels is $950 shipped. With falken fk452 tires is $1715 shipped

Thanks for helping!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 AM
^lol thanks

Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 AM
no problem

Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-13-2009, 09:00 PM
haha im well aware G35driver people

Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
just warning you about the dangers of rotas because we don't wanna see a thread of you with your broke wheels, its happened so many times and its so unfortunate so just lending a hand despite the humor

Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
yeah i understand

but so far, been no stories of broken Rota wheels, not the ones made for Z/G fitment

I have heard about those horror stories from the smaller wheels intended for hondas and such, but as of now I have not heard much from the Z/G world

Old 04-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by eurodre
Damaged Wheel
Care to explain what happened to that car or do you just enjoy spreading misinformation about Rota wheels?
Originally Posted by TBG_Dad
Would you also like to share what happened to that STi? Since it's obvious you are only trying to slander Rota Wheels and not post the full story, I would love to share it with others. The guy driving this particular car swerved to avoid a deer at highway speeds and ended up going off the highway flipping his car several times. In an accident where the car is landing on the wheel several times it is bound to break given the extreme impact, as Rota Wheels are cast aluminum wheels. I have many images of other high end wheel brands breaking in the same manner however if I was to ever post that image I would fully explain it's from an accident and not try to slander the product.
Originally Posted by eurodre
just warning you about the dangers of rotas because we don't wanna see a thread of you with your broke wheels, its happened so many times and its so unfortunate so just lending a hand despite the humor
What dangers? If it is so common for these wheels to break then why don't we see broken wheel images on my350z.com or g35driver.com?? We've been offering Rota Wheels for the 350Z/G35 for the last 5 years and yet there aren't cars with broken wheels as you have explained... The amount of misinformation about these wheels is absurd and it often stems from rumors started by other vendors, wheel manufactures, etc.. I see the same 3-4 broken Rota images circulated around the internet in an attempt to slander these wheels and all of these images are from accidents. If you would actually talk to someone who has experience with the wheels you would see there are tons and tons of positive experiences.

I would like to share some info as there seems to be a common misconception between a few forum members here.

Please view this thread as there are actual reviews of Rota Wheels (from someone who owns the product, not just someone who continues to spread misinformation/lies regarding these wheels) and someone who was in an accident where they explained what happened and clearly documented the accident

http://i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199521

We also sponsor many time attack teams who successfully run Rota Wheels. These teams put tremendous amounts of stress and abuse on these wheels and they hold up perfect, afterall, Rota Wheels are JWL/VIA certified One team is GST Motorsports who has been very succesfull over the years winning tons of 1st place finishes. This team won the entire Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout event last year and this year... well you will have to wait for the magazine to come out in another month, but lets just say they did not disappoint

Quote from GST Motorsports Owner/Tuner Mike Warfield

"As for Rota's being weak, yea um ok We have run Enkei's, Volk's, Racing Harts etc etc and none of them have out lasted the Rota's. Hell our TA program gets solicated by wheel companies all the time, wonder what we'll be running this year???

ROTA!

Mike
"

-Dan

Last edited by WheelDude.com; 04-18-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:37 PM
hey Dan, you should special order a set of the royal steel grey grids for me

just because im such a loyal buyer

Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 PM
pffffffffft, i bet the GST L doesnt even go that fast. stock L's do the 1/4 mile in what, like 16 flat? heh

Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
*insert generic "rotas are crap" comment*

i have loved my rotas. i've had em on 3 diff cars, diff wheels, and they all have lasted the test of time.

free bump.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think I've heard more stories on SSR wheels (Competitions in particular) cracking while tracking than I have Rotas. I had Rotas on a Civic quite a few years ago and never had issues with them while tracking or autoxing.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zhuangzi
pffffffffft, i bet the GST L doesnt even go that fast. stock L's do the 1/4 mile in what, like 16 flat? heh
lol this is an old thread but

that GST L has a full sti swap. with a cossy block iirc.

that thing is fast.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by caketech
lol this is an old thread but

that GST L has a full sti swap. with a cossy block iirc.

that thing is fast.

yah i know, sorry, sarcasm doesnt transfer very well on the interweb.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anybody interested in new Rota Grids colorway? HELP ME!