Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello ladies and gents. My first post ever on g35driver and excited to be a part of the G community. Only natural that i have some newb ?uestions.

Purchased an 07 g35 ob coupe w 20 inch (basic stock offsets) enkei rims over a year ago and have been hit with the mod bug. It all started out with a co-worker who sold me his black AME Circlar Spec-r:
Front 19x9 +10 (w/ the two tires 245/35-19)
Rear 19x10 +0 (w no tires) for $1000.00. Had the rims on his Z for about 4 months and maintained them well.

So my question is did i downgrade from 20 to 19?
Did i get ripped off for the price i paid for them?
What tires do you recommend for the rears (and fronts, maybe ill change them out)?
To drop or not to drop (coilovers, springs, how low, etc.)?
WIll i need to roll the fenders?
Thanks in advance!

Old 08-13-2011, 04:15 PM
why cant the V36 G35x have the staggered wheel setup? I would think the AWD system only affects the front setup and the rear would be the same as a RWD G. Why cant the X have the wider rear tires like the RWD G?

Thanks

Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Damn, Blaine blowing up this thread with good information for newer members. If only the majority of the forum could retain this information or at least just refer to this section first before making threads.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:09 PM
i got a nice deal on some wheels but there the wrong bolt pattern, can they be bored out from a 5x112 to 5x114.3??? or will i have to use an adapter?thx for any help.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by ihc95
why cant the V36 G35x have the staggered wheel setup? I would think the AWD system only affects the front setup and the rear would be the same as a RWD G. Why cant the X have the wider rear tires like the RWD G?

Thanks
It can. Search on here and you will find a lot of info regarding staggered set-ups on the X. Just keep the overall diameter of the front wheels and rear wheels close (ideally the same) and you will be fine. A lot of people with the X run a staggered set-up. 255/35/19 rear and 225/40/19 front would be an example of a common size that works.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by sofla_ball3r
i got a nice deal on some wheels but there the wrong bolt pattern, can they be bored out from a 5x112 to 5x114.3??? or will i have to use an adapter?thx for any help.
There are adapters out there, but they are thick so you would need to find a set of wheels with a high offset or go agressive on the stance. I think the spacers are 30+mm. I have heard of some people having their wheels re-drilled, but I dont have any info on that for you.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:39 AM
varrstoen wheel setup

im 16 and have a 2003 g35 and im interested in the varrstoen es222s 19 in wheels. and im pretty new to all this stuff and i want is 265/35 tires in the rear and 225/35 tires in the front and the wheels are 19x10.5 in the rear and 19x9.5 in the front and i dont know if that would work and what does offset mean? i think the wheels have a +12 offset in both the rear and the front......... heres the link to where i found the wheels if you want to see them and make sure i said everything right about them haha...........http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-VA...ht_9023wt_1004

thanks

Old 08-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Any of you happen to know anything about E350 W212 fitment? Apparently no one really stances out their E's so I'm not sure what is considered aggressive. I'm hoping someone here knows someone that has one, thanks.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys, I installed my Rear SPC camber kit and now it looks like I need a "Toe Rear Arm Kit"

Does anyone sell anything like that? After installing my camber kit, my rear wheels are tilting inward on the top only..

it's weird and the guy who installed it says I will need a Toe Rear Arm Kit or something like. Please let me know if you can help me or help point me in the right direction. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ManE-G35
Hello ladies and gents. My first post ever on g35driver and excited to be a part of the G community. Only natural that i have some newb ?uestions.

Purchased an 07 g35 ob coupe w 20 inch (basic stock offsets) enkei rims over a year ago and have been hit with the mod bug. It all started out with a co-worker who sold me his black AME Circlar Spec-r:
Front 19x9 +10 (w/ the two tires 245/35-19)
Rear 19x10 +0 (w no tires) for $1000.00. Had the rims on his Z for about 4 months and maintained them well.

So my question is did i downgrade from 20 to 19?
Did i get ripped off for the price i paid for them?
What tires do you recommend for the rears (and fronts, maybe ill change them out)?
To drop or not to drop (coilovers, springs, how low, etc.)?
WIll i need to roll the fenders?
Thanks in advance!
I would say an upgrade if anything, 20s are too big for the car IMO.

No, that is a very good deal for great wheels. AME is not a shitty company they make fantastic wheels.

275/30 would be best in the rear.

Always to drop, coils are highly recommend as you ALWAYS want to go lower as soon as you get your springs in. So do it right the first time and buy coils.

yes roll the fenders and lower the car before mounting these wheels.

Originally Posted by ihc95

Thanks
You just need to keep the tire sizes within 3% of each other front to back and as close to OEM size as you can.

Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Damn, Blaine blowing up this thread with good information for newer members. If only the majority of the forum could retain this information or at least just refer to this section first before making threads.
Wouldn't that be nice? lol

Originally Posted by sofla_ball3r
Smallest adapater you can get is 15mm, so if you have 15mm to spare the wheels will work, if you don't then you can't run those wheels unless they use a closed center cap that encloses all the lug holes, then they can be sleeved and redrilled.

Originally Posted by colling35dude03
im 16 and have a 2003 g35 and im interested in the varrstoen es222s 19 in wheels. and im pretty new to all this stuff and i want is 265/35 tires in the rear and 225/35 tires in the front and the wheels are 19x10.5 in the rear and 19x9.5 in the front and i dont know if that would work and what does offset mean? i think the wheels have a +12 offset in both the rear and the front......... heres the link to where i found the wheels if you want to see them and make sure i said everything right about them haha...........

thanks
1. Why those tire sizes?
2. Are you lowered?
3. Do you have access to a someone to roll your fenders
4.Google offset if you come back and tell me you don't know I will explain....

Originally Posted by by15vc
Any of you happen to know anything about E350 W212 fitment? Apparently no one really stances out their E's so I'm not sure what is considered aggressive. I'm hoping someone here knows someone that has one, thanks.
My buddy has one, quote yourself and me in like a day and I will let you know.

Originally Posted by tweetie
Hey guys, I installed my Rear SPC camber kit and now it looks like I need a "Toe Rear Arm Kit"

Does anyone sell anything like that? After installing my camber kit, my rear wheels are tilting inward on the top only..

it's weird and the guy who installed it says I will need a Toe Rear Arm Kit or something like. Please let me know if you can help me or help point me in the right direction. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!
The guy who installed it should probably stay away from your alignment next time.

What you need are toe BOLTS. Unless you are running a true coil set up then toe arms are non existent in the rear and and can only be adjusted by the toe bolt. Your SPC rear camber kit should have come with toe bolts, contact the vendor you bought them. (you could have just bought the camber kit but they usually recommend it anyways)

But still, get someone else to do your alignment, because I am running almost -5 degrees of camber on stock arms and camber bolts and my toe is in spec.

The following users liked this post:
ManE-G35 (08-19-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by by15vc

Do you know what is aggressive for the sedan? Pretty much the same sort of specs for the W212. I'm unsure of the inner strut clearance though, Like I don't know if you'll be able to run a 12" +20 wheel without rubbing the strut. But if you don't plan to go hella wide then don't worry about it.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
I would say an upgrade if anything, 20s are too big for the car IMO.

No, that is a very good deal for great wheels. AME is not a shitty company they make fantastic wheels.

275/30 would be best in the rear.

Always to drop, coils are highly recommend as you ALWAYS want to go lower as soon as you get your springs in. So do it right the first time and buy coils.

yes roll the fenders and lower the car before mounting these wheels.

You just need to keep the tire sizes within 3% of each other front to back and as close to OEM size as you can.

Wouldn't that be nice? lol

Smallest adapater you can get is 15mm, so if you have 15mm to spare the wheels will work, if you don't then you can't run those wheels unless they use a closed center cap that encloses all the lug holes, then they can be sleeved and redrilled.

1. Why those tire sizes?
2. Are you lowered?
3. Do you have access to a someone to roll your fenders
4.Google offset if you come back and tell me you don't know I will explain....

My buddy has one, quote yourself and me in like a day and I will let you know.

The guy who installed it should probably stay away from your alignment next time.

What you need are toe BOLTS. Unless you are running a true coil set up then toe arms are non existent in the rear and and can only be adjusted by the toe bolt. Your SPC rear camber kit should have come with toe bolts, contact the vendor you bought them. (you could have just bought the camber kit but they usually recommend it anyways)

But still, get someone else to do your alignment, because I am running almost -5 degrees of camber on stock arms and camber bolts and my toe is in spec.
Thank you!!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Calamity
What spacers would you guys recommend I run for a more flush fit?

Still need spacer advice. 19x9.5 wheels, +22 offset all around. Fenders all have a mild roll, and not sure about what camber i'm currently running. Will be dropping on 350z h-techs in a week or so.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 AM
^ any plans to go lower? I'd do 10s or 15s you don't want it to poke out a tonne since their is still some wheel gap and that will look silly.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah im putting on my 350z h-techs soon. Pretty sure I only need them in the rear, the front is pretty much flush already

Last edited by Calamity; 08-17-2011 at 09:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::